ADVERTISEMENT

Im try to get a grip on the identity of this offense

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
when a dr. tom offense lined up I knew what to expect, it had an identity

solich's offense i understood, the i-backs just fumbled too much so solich ran the hell outta crouch and lord.

callahan, I don't remember much but I think it clicked a bit with ganz and pork chop

bo's offense was run martinez till he gets hurt, and maybe someone can catch a martinez pass

frost's offense I haven't got a handle on yet, maybe thats by design...to be fair it's only been 3 games and his #1 qb got hurt and #2&3 qb bolted

Im still not certain on what to expect, it does at times looks like the line isn't blocking anyone and can't adjust after the ball is snapped. they look big enough, but for some reason some plays look like they are not strong enough..which seems strange considering their size.

they defiantly don't seem to adjust after the ball is snapped, like if the defensive line man runs around they just block air.

Im not sure if this is coaching or just the lack of speed/flexibility.

Our offensive identity is the QBs have to run for their life. Same as last year. Ask Tanner Lee. It will be pretty hard to establish an identity until that changes.
Correct, poor OL play makes it damn near impossible for a HC/OC to call a game the way they want to (hints no identity). You either get real conservative or you try a lot of misdirection stuff to fool the defense. Either way it usually does not work. Frost knows this and will do his best to play to the players strength, when he can.

solich's offense i understood, the i-backs just fumbled too much so solich ran the hell outta crouch and lord.

callahan, I don't remember much but I think it clicked a bit with ganz and pork chop

bo's offense was run martinez till he gets hurt, and maybe someone can catch a martinez pass

frost's offense I haven't got a handle on yet, maybe thats by design...to be fair it's only been 3 games and his #1 qb got hurt and #2&3 qb bolted

Im still not certain on what to expect, it does at times looks like the line isn't blocking anyone and can't adjust after the ball is snapped. they look big enough, but for some reason some plays look like they are not strong enough..which seems strange considering their size.

they defiantly don't seem to adjust after the ball is snapped, like if the defensive line man runs around they just block air.

To me, it doesn't look settled, and I don't mean about the play of the line.

I thought the starters should have been named back around day 7 of fall camp. This would have solidified the team, and they could have gotten to work taking lots of snaps together.

With the extended qb battle and other positions, it is as if there was no identity that could be formed, because there was never any consistency of personnel back there.

Not getting to play the first game, and then injuries, and here we are 4 weeks into the season, and we still don't have something that works right.

This is why I'd like to see them redshirt Martinez if at all possible, and tell Andrew he is the man this season and go from here.

I know Adrian has lots of talent, but I don't get the impression he is leading the team right now, and Andrew just looks to be more in command.

As far as I'm concerned, until you have a guy who can actually finish an entire game at QB, you don't have anything.

Coach Frost talked about moving on to the next guy, and I'm not sure what positions those are, but you have a personnel grouping that isn't working.

I'd also seriously be looking to see if Cam wants to take some reps and learn the offense, because right now, we don't have leadership in the backfield and we still have 8 weeks to get through.

You should go back and actually watch Dr. Tom and his offenses. They changed quite dramatically depending on the qb/rb/wr combination. He designed the initial spread option run from the shotgun, but also had the qb under center on the next snap to give to full back, and he had 5 wr no back sets. His offenses were generally dominated when we faced excellent teams, unless our defense was a top 5 defense, as we were in 94,95,96,97...this allowed us to wear down the opponent. I don't know what Frosty is going to do, but he is going to have to start with defense...I hope he remembers how good the 97 defense was....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT