ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats buy you didn't deserve to win this game.

ButtersHawk

Oct 28, 2023
I saw an offense that gave the ball to playmaker they have in space.
I saw an offense that emptied the box out with different formations to make it easier to run.
I saw a QB that used his legs to extend plays and gain precious yards.
I saw an offense that tried to put points on the board.
I saw a coaching staff that did their best to put their preseason #2 QB in the best position they could.

This is clearly illegal. Purdue got robbed.

Looking Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Just trying to have fun on our BYE. Again I am envious. I still can't believe its possible to have a good Defense combined with an Offense that makes a legitimate effort to score points.
The problem you have for the first time in awhile is that your Oline is just good, not great. Your QB isn't mobile. Your TE is toast. Your receivers are just in name. Your punter is a AA man.

Just trying to have fun on our BYE. Again I am envious. I still can't believe its possible to have a good Defense combined with an Offense that makes a legitimate effort to score points.
Serious question - are you seeing some negative impact from the sacrifice of your S&C coach?

Reactions: ButtersHawk
The problem you have for the first time in awhile is that your Oline is just good, not great. Your QB isn't mobile. Your TE is toast. Your receivers are just in name. Your punter is a AA man.
You seem very knowledgable and would love to talk ball with you. But Iowa isn't the Oline Factory you think it is (That's a novel in itself). Iowas biggest problem is scheme/playcaller. 100% of 3 WR sets this year have been in shotgun. 90% of those plays have been pass plays 70% of the time they are under center it is with 2/3 TEs. I will agree our OL is good this year but it has to be so hard to block effectively when the D knows what's coming 75% of the time.

Reactions: ssmill777

I don't envy Hawk fans right now. I think Kirk Ferentz is a really good coach, and I think Hawk fans do, too. But how do you separate the HC's success and record from his seeming to believe that the Hawkeye football team is his own family business and retirement plan?

And seriously, why in they world are they putting an interim AD in a position where she has to make a tough call?

Brian needs to be a fcking grown up for a change and just resign. Ok, rant over, glad the Huskers won!

NU has found its own niche by winning with a negative turnover margin. This year is a fitting end to the big 10 west.

Good question but no i do not. Since he left and his assistant took over they have broken numerous lifting records.

You seem very knowledgable and would love to talk ball with you. But Iowa isn't the Oline Factory you think it is (That's a novel in itself). Iowas biggest problem is scheme/playcaller. 100% of 3 WR sets this year have been in shotgun. 90% of those plays have been pass plays 70% of the time they are under center it is with 2/3 TEs. I will agree our OL is good this year but it has to be so hard to block effectively when the D knows what's coming 75% of the time.
I've been watching ball for decades. I think KF is one of the top Oline coaches in the Nation. They have put plenty of underrated dudes in the NFL. Yeah no argument that the play calling is suspect but Iowa has always been average on offense. KF wins with D and ST. Run , control clock, play field position. That's Hawk ball to me. Your offense in general has been horrid the last few seasons....but you still friggin win.

I don't envy Hawk fans right now. I think Kirk Ferentz is a really good coach, and I think Hawk fans do, too. But how do you separate the HC's success and record from his seeming to believe that the Hawkeye football team is his own family business and retirement plan?

And seriously, why in they world are they putting an interim AD in a position where she has to make a tough call?

Brian needs to be a fcking grown up for a change and just resign. Ok, rant over, glad the Huskers won!
Yup it is a weird scenario. Unfortunately for us and fortunately for you guys I believe Kirk and Brian will both be back next year.

I don't think our Interim AD will have the authority to tell Kirk Brian has to go.

His donations to the children's hospital has insulated himself from a lot of critics that are just fine with being bowl eligible and representing the state in a nice way. Won't work here.

And he reminds everyone of it after 1st qtr of every home game

Your guy has overstayed his welcome. No offense, but your best days under Kirk are in the rear view. Its nice to keep a coach for 20 years, but not required, fwiw.

Man, what a difference coaching can make. Its been a LONG time since we’ve had it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT