ADVERTISEMENT

I'm curious, is it possible for an opposing fan to not be blocked here?

Come here to talk football, players strengths/weaknesses or X's and O's and you'll be fine. A number of opposing fans are welcome, recurring posters.

Come here to troll, or talk smack, and a few people in your fan base have really scorched the earth here. Mod patience has worn thin.

Say that Iowa will win based on Nebraska's tendency to throw interceptions and Iowa's strength at getting picks, or that Iowa will turn up the passing game to exploit Nebraska's questionable secondary and I doubt you'll have a problem. Say "You guys suck" and your stay will be brief.

Reactions: tcondon
Kakert and his left-wing mods have ruined the OT board
I speak out as a libertarian type all of the time. I keep it pretty reasonable though in my approach. There is a large amount of right-wing posters over there from what I've seen. It's a very interesting mix in philosophies. I've never even seen the moderators speak about anything on that board.

Hmmm...very interesting read. You definitely have a sort of military bearing style of training going on over there. I'm surprised you are allowed to have long hair and beards at all.
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/127451/jake-rudocks-pro-approach-earned-michigans-trust

This article was linked from the one you shared. It details on your former QB, and how he has become known as 'dad'. It seems as if he brought along the Iowa style of boring with him to Michigan.
I hope you guys learn to spread your wings once they leave the campus. You know my opinions on being too systematic.

I think Iowa may get 10-15k in Memorial stadium Friday.
That wouldn't be outlandish. Especially if they bought tickets during the NU swoon earlier this year when people were yapping about how "I'm done, I'm not going to games any more, I'm gonna stomp out of the stadium and slam the door so everyone knows how mad I am..."

Reactions: HuskerinSFSD
That wouldn't be outlandish. Especially if they bought tickets during the NU swoon earlier this year when people were yapping about how "I'm done, I'm not going to games any more, I'm gonna stomp out of the stadium and slam the door so everyone knows how mad I am..."

Are you sure you are the same guy who defended the protestors at Missouri? The same guy who said they had every right to express themselves?

Are Husker fans not allowed the same?

Oh from what Nebraska fans or any fan can do on our boards compared to here is like Nazi rule.

How is that a relevant comparison? What your mods allow is irrelevant to us. You come here and say that our mods are too strict because your mods allow more? It sounds like you should take that up with your mods...

How is that a relevant comparison? What your mods allow is irrelevant to us. You come here and say that our mods are too strict because your mods allow more? It sounds like you should take that up with your mods...
LOL, no, the point is it is kind of ridiculous to not listen to others opinions and a little smack here and there. Sheltered lives.

LOL, no, the point is it is kind of ridiculous to not listen to others opinions and a little smack here and there. Sheltered lives.

Hey dude I hear you. I'm all for a little smack talk. I have plenty of smack talk in my life between 2 fantasy football leagues, golf buddies, college football fans in my neighborhood, Io_a family members, etc. With that being said, using your mods' standards as an argument that our mods are like "nazis" is pretty dumb. I could just as easily argue that your mods are too accommodating. See how pointless that argument is? I doubt you'll get it but I have to try..

Hey dude I hear you. I'm all for a little smack talk. I have plenty of smack talk in my life between 2 fantasy football leagues, golf buddies, college football fans in my neighborhood, Io_a family members, etc. With that being said, using your mods' standards as an argument that our mods are like "nazis" is pretty dumb. I could just as easily argue that your mods are too accommodating. See how pointless that argument is? I doubt you'll get it but I have to try..
Loud and clear, but from what I've heard, little to nothign was said/done and bang. That is lame IMO.

Loud and clear, but from what I've heard, little to nothign was said/done and bang. That is lame IMO.

For the record, I think we have the most fair and reasonable mods in the Rivals network. The ones I've seen get sniped were definitely deserving. I'm sure there have been some that were banned that didn't deserve it but, for the most part, our mods are incredibly fair.

If you have a decent take and don't sound like a douche presenting it, you'll probably be fine. Sparky and the gang are pretty cool dudes.

For the record, I think we have the most fair and reasonable mods in the Rivals network. The ones I've seen get sniped were definitely deserving. I'm sure there have been some that were banned that didn't deserve it but, for the most part, our mods are incredibly fair.

If you have a decent take and don't sound like a douche presenting it, you'll probably be fine. Sparky and the gang are pretty cool dudes.
Allrighty then. Just going off what I heard, so that is why I posted this thread and am here, I guess we have a game on Friday as well.

I can't say much negative, I had some somewhat trolling posts and was banned. Talked to the person who banned me and they removed it. Fair enough.

Oh from what Nebraska fans or any fan can do on our boards compared to here is like Nazi rule.

That's not surprising, nobody cares about Iowa football. They want to encourage as many people to come to their MB as they can. If they start banning people they would just be left with those two 30 year olds posting from their moms basements.

Clever ones are never blocked...sensible ones are never blocked...
That may well be true now but before the new Rivals board format came out, you were banned based on your user name alone or if you said ANYTHING that might be taken as a slight.

Elsewhere, I saw a mod say the same thing you just did. It appears they are following that NOW. Certainly were not previously.

"I'm curious, is it possible for an opposing fan to not be blocked here?"

variables at play here, what are the specs? are we talking respectable fan or king of trolldom?
and to what degree? Cool

I hear 1 thing that may, slightly, ever so slightly question the Big Red and the block hammer is laid upon them.

Some are gone some remain. If you come to slam the Huskers or our fans then don`t bother you won`t be here long. Pretty simple rule that many can`t comprehend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT