ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a believer that POB needs some reps.

HuskerBuff!

Recruiting Coordinator
Feb 4, 2004
Omaha, NE
Hear me out.

1. Tommy is not a pocket passer. A minor injury that affects a QB's ability to run wouldn't knock most QB's out of a game, but an immobile Tommy is an ineffective Tommy. The likelihood of him missing time is higher than the average QB in this regard.

2. This brings us to Fyfe who I think could win is a lot of games, but how well can he hold up has never been tested. If he goes down, you are back to Tommy standing in the pocket. I'd rather have a true Frosh pocket passer personally.

3. Lee is unproven. To assume he has the starters job locked down for the next two years assumes very little. POB will get progressively better with a year in the program. Experience will likely be the equalizer. Why go into the competition in the spring and have yourself already handycapped.

4. Gebbia is more polished than any high school QB we've seen in a while. He is 20 lbs of mass from competing for next year's job. He could throw a wrench in all these plans if he puts on weight over next summer.

5. Riley will keep pulling in highly ranked signal callers. To me that's a given. Assigning the depth chart for the next 5 years now is dangerous. Worry about winning now. As long as POB is on the 4 year track to graduate, it won't hurt the kid. If he sets the world on fire we may lose him after his Soph or Jr year anyway with the RS. If he is really number 3 now, get him ready in case, and have him ready to challenge next fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News