ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois tickets

huskeralk

Walk On
Oct 7, 2001
So I have never done this in all of my years of being a Nebraska fan but this Friday, my friend and I are driving up without tickets in hand. We're going to a collegiate cross country meet on Saturday morning and decided that we might as well try to go to the Husker game while we're there. I didn't want to pay the ridiculous service fees so our plan is to see if we can find some reasonably priced tickets and if not we will just find a brewery to watch the game at. I realize that with both teams being ranked now that I his could be a little bit more tricky.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on where the best place to look for tickets would be? It's been about five years since I've been to a game but I always remember seeing people selling tickets but didn't know if there was a certain area that would be the best place to start at.

So I have never done this in all of my years of being a Nebraska fan but this Friday, my friend and I are driving up without tickets in hand. We're going to a collegiate cross country meet on Saturday morning and decided that we might as well try to go to the Husker game while we're there. I didn't want to pay the ridiculous service fees so our plan is to see if we can find some reasonably priced tickets and if not we will just find a brewery to watch the game at. I realize that with both teams being ranked now that I his could be a little bit more tricky.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on where the best place to look for tickets would be? It's been about five years since I've been to a game but I always remember seeing people selling tickets but didn't know if there was a certain area that would be the best place to start at.
You just walk around outside the stadium with two fingers up. You’ll talk to some sellers. if they are too high, just wait. If you get into the middle of the first quarter, their price will come down.. worst case, you walk to the bar like you planned to.

You just walk around outside the stadium with two fingers up. You’ll talk to some sellers. if they are too high, just wait. If you get into the middle of the first quarter, their price will come down.. worst case, you walk to the bar like you planned to.
Sometimes I park at North Bottoms and walk across the 10th St pedestrian bridge across the railroad tracks. Upon exiting the bridge there at the northwest corner of the stadium there is usually a guy or two selling tickets. Maybe somebody has a better recommendation to offer up, but I have seen guys selling there.

In the past when needing tickets and not wanting to use a service like seat geek I have walked around some of the big tailgates and just asked groups of people, but often times that method is only good for singles, like someone's wife wasn't feeling well or someone had to take the kid to a game, so hubby had one extra.

Reactions: huskeralk
If you hit up husker hounds in omaha they help people sell tickets at face value only. It's first come first served. Can call ahead and see how many they have

IMO, game being on a Friday is going to alternate this process a bit. Some folks might be scraping normal tailgate plans due to work and school schedules. I’d walk the sidewalk from the Park n Ride dropoff point by Lied/Sheldon complex down to the stadium and back. It’s purely luck, right place, right time type of thing. Good luck!

You're going to find professional scalpers and ticket holders who have extra tickets. Personally I would use seat geek and get what you want and get it done and relax.

There was an article about scams

Reactions: scarletred
You're going to find professional scalpers and ticket holders who have extra tickets. Personally I would use seat geek and get what you want and get it done and relax.

There was an article about scams
I decided to avoid those with their $30 service fees. I would like to go to the game but not that badly.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
I remember i purchased tickets to a Nebraska game via a scalper. My girl and I sat in our seats and the guy next to us says “those aren’t your seats.. my buddy is sitting there.” I showed him our tickets, and he asked where we got them. I said I purchased from a toothless black dude in the parking lot.

I don’t think his buddy received anymore tickets 🤣🤣

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I use the Facebook husker ticket exchange group quite a bit. Have never been burned. BUT, there is always a chance you get scammed I guess. Ive just been lucky so far I guess.

I'm not sure. All I know is a couple weeks ago when I went to buy them on one of the sites, the tickets were $60 each but when I went to check out it was $180.
This much I think I know, seat geek takes 10% fee from seller

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT