ADVERTISEMENT

If you could go back to 2014

Bo gave up and lost just about everyone in support. However he was the last coach that had us winning consistently, which would be nice.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I miss Nebraska being a mediocre 9-10 win team. Bo brought that. With that said, at the time, I was only thinking about getting over the “hump” of big game blowouts and not being able to win a conference title. Bo showed no ability to do so and was given several years to improve. The athletic department wanted the same thing I wanted; improvement, conference titles, a competitive nature in big games, so they rightfully made the move to fire Bo.

They screwed up big time with the Riley hire. I’ll never know what they saw in Riley that gave them any indication he would advance Nebraska beyond mediocre. I believe Riley was the nail in the coffin. I think it would take a bigger splash hire than Frost + a bunch of CUSA assistant coaches to revive this dead stick.

Knowing what I know now? No. But, Bo really hated Nebraska. So, he may have left on his own accord by now.

Would you fire Bo? Knowing what you know now.
But here’s the kicker, Bo would have to stay through 2021.
I was actually thinking about that after the game today and the answer is YES I would can his ass. He's done nothing since. Tom has said publicly several times that he made a mistake in hiring Bo. What is unfortunate is that he didn't fire him when he should have and make the hire instead of Eichorst. Tom had lots of reasons and opportunities and he just wouldn't pull the trigger. I don't know if we would be in a different place now or not. Hindsight in this case really doesn't do us any good.

Reactions: HuskerO
YES.

If this program stops shooting for titles by hiring dead men walking,I'm done watching.

Then I'll make a thread letting everyone I am done....and come back to see all the funny posts.

Knowing what I know now? No. But, Bo really hated Nebraska. So, he may have left on his own accord by now.
There wasn't a Power 5 AD in the country that would have hired Bo back when we canned him. Not one. That should be our sign of whether or not we were right to fire him. It's just an unfortunate mess that I think we are going to have to let Frost have time to try to fix.

Of course. Just because we haven’t hit a home run doesn’t mean we did the wrong thing by bouncing that embarrassing douche.

Reactions: dinglefritz
There wasn't a Power 5 AD in the country that would have hired Bo back when we canned him. Not one. That should be our sign of whether or not we were right to fire him. It's just an unfortunate mess that I think we are going to have to let Frost have time to try to fix.

Agreed. But Bo was egging Eichorst on to fire him in 2014. I think he hated his job enough, that he would have quit at some point. It's not like money was an issue for him.

Reactions: newAD
YES.

If this program stops shooting for titles by hiring dead men walking,I'm done watching.

Then I'll make a thread letting everyone I am done....and come back to see all the funny posts.

you’ll never be the poster that AvonLakeHusker is, was or ever will be

Reactions: dand84 and bigboxes
It would have been a much smoother transition if we had hired Frost in 2015. Though we should have hired Whittingham from Utah
That cat is a good coach. Adapts to his personnel, something Scott is too stubborn to try

Reactions: BleedRed78
Bo was looking for any chance he could to get out of Nebraska anyway---no takers---and made it impossible for the university to keep him around.

Like at NU, used the players someone else recruited to start strong at YSU, struggling with his own players

Bo should be an NFL position coach...would be successful at that IMO

Nebraska was starting to slide with Pelini, bad attitude or not, he eventually would have gotten the boot. Look at him now at YSU, they suck because he's just an average Joe as far as coaching goes anymore.

I see he put in his usual performance against a good team, got crushed by NDSU today. But Nebraska would have gotten the same treatment had they played them as well.

Reactions: newAD
Yes, I would have fired him. The team played like his personality. They played tight and when he lost it, they went downhill. Yes he won 9 games a year but I saw no reason to think he would take us to greatness before he had a Woody Hayes sideline moment. For the record, I wanted him in 2007 to get the job.

The only addition is, if I could go back to 2014, after Bo was shown the door, Id go to ADSE’s office and throw his ass out too as he was a big reason for Bo acting like an ass.

We had an a-hole pissed off at a D-Bag, and they both needed to go.

Nebraska was starting to slide with Pelini, bad attitude or not, he eventually would have gotten the boot. Look at him now at YSU, they suck because he's just an average Joe as far as coaching goes anymore.

I see he put in his usual performance against a good team, got crushed by NDSU today. But Nebraska would have gotten the same treatment had they played them as well.

I believe you are right about NDSU. What scares me is next year game 2, SDSU. I’m not sure we could knock them off this year.

Reactions: F5Tornado
If I could go back to 2014 I would bone that redhead I met with long legs and a short dress who kept buying me drinks. Damn. What the hell was I thinking?

Would you fire Bo? Knowing what you know now.
But here’s the kicker, Bo would have to stay through 2021.
I never wanted us to fire Bo, but that wasn't going to end well. It was a mistake for them to bring in Eichorst. If we somehow could have gotten rid of Eichorst and Perlman, then maybe Bo would have worked out, but those two guys sort of made that impossible for Bo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT