ADVERTISEMENT

If we would have played Akron

Exactly - 2 early turnovers and the D was awful early in the game. We don't spot them the 14 and we win easily

That all happened in the first half and we still had the lead at halftime - we completely dominated then1st half. Why did we get worked in the 2nd half?

You win if your QB doesn't go down, He's going to be a nightmare next 4 years

Unfortunately for us, he is injury-prone and I seriously doubt we'll see him for full seasons at a time. Too bad, because he would've been great.

Two huge plays. Stanley drop and Reed PF. That's why.

Yep - we out-yarded them by about 150 or more and had 329 yards rushing. That's going to translate well this season. Sucks we lost today, but did anyone expect us to be undefeated this year?

And the loss of game 1 hurt us - new system, new players, etc.

I agree with the notion that NU wins this game if they played last week. Turnovers on the first two possessions? How many illegal blocks on kicks? Missed a FG? Two crushing dropped passes. Poor clock management? Several 3rd and longs given up?

All things that are borne from sloppiness and bad timing. Kinks that could have been worked out against Akron.

It is what it is, but I will always believe NU wins today if they played last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT