ADVERTISEMENT

If the 2021 season is another disaster...

For the most part we have a G5 coaching staff at a P5 program. I think there needs to be upgrades for development. It's time to s#it or get off the pot with some of these assistants. I'd just like to win the conference. Been 21yrs.

Does that effectively end the era of Bill Moos and Scott Frost at Nebraska?

And to take it one step further. Where do you go next? We’ve already tried the following:

- Hired an offensive-minded HC with NFL experience
- Hired a college assistant coach that was a supposed defensive guru
- Hired an offensive-minded HC with tons of college experience
- Hired a young offensive-minded HC who was the hottest commodity on the market at the time
Why don't you stop runnin scared and go cry somewhere else. We don't need this negative pu..y a.. crap here.

Why don't you stop runnin scared and go cry somewhere else. We don't need this negative pu..y a.. crap here.
What are you even talking about ‘why don’t you stop running scared’? Aren’t you the same guy that a handful of paid members just called-out on this board for being a huge POS and completely full-of-it?? Yep, that was you.

How about you eat my asshole.

I've said from day one the issue is beyond who's coaching at Nebraska, it's about where the Huskers find themselves now in the B10. That was such a fundamental change for the football program that at the time it was clearly either a win or a loss, no middle ground.

As time has shown, even with this fall's antics, Nebraska football has suffered tremendously. It's not coach Frost. He's proven he can succeed given the resources. He's a native son. A winner. His resume' is perfect for UNL.

No, it remains that chose a decade past to leave that remains the burden for Husker Football. And frankly, I'm not sure Nebraska will ever compete with Ohio State the way they did Oklahoma. #emaw

Does that effectively end the era of Bill Moos and Scott Frost at Nebraska?

And to take it one step further. Where do you go next? We’ve already tried the following:

- Hired an offensive-minded HC with NFL experience
- Hired a college assistant coach that was a supposed defensive guru
- Hired an offensive-minded HC with tons of college experience
- Hired a young offensive-minded HC who was the hottest commodity on the market at the time
No

The buyout is still too large . We live with this fir at least a couple years , then a decision would be driven in large part by big dollar donors

You guys need to learn patience. Scott Frost is building something sustainable. Improved recruiting and strength and conditioning=improved on field product. Scott Frost deserves an A+ for his first three years.

• Haha
Reactions: SkerInCo
You guys need to learn patience. Scott Frost is building something sustainable. Improved recruiting and strength and conditioning=improved on field product. Scott Frost deserves an A+ for his first three years.
The problem with your take us that our 1st year team under Frost (by the end of the season) would have beaten our current team.

Going backwards is not considered making progress.

I get patience, but an A+? That’s laughable and kinda pathetic.

Moos has already said publicly that Frost will be the HC at Nebraska as long as he’s the AD.

If it comes to it, Moos will be fired day1 and Frost day2.
He says that as a vote of confidence but that can easily change if he sees fit. It’s not good he even needs to address it that way

Reactions: headcard
I don’t think HCSF goes any where even if next year is a disaster again.. As you’ve pointed out we have already tried so many different things, we even tried a washed up head coach in hopes that maybe that would some how work 🙄. Pretty much the only thing we haven’t tried since Tom retired was giving a coach ample time to get settled and learn the ropes. I still hope HCSF can turn this around and I think he needs time to do so, HE is still young and at his first power 5 gig. I think it would help him a lot of overhaul his coaching staff some and maybe bring in some prior head coaches that would be willing to work as assistants or coordinators, to resurrect their career.

to answer the last part of your question of where do you go from here, if HCSF were to be fired, I think you start looking at some Saben assistants, some that have spent some years learning under him or you keep going to the group of 5 and hope you can pull a coach that has some kind of history of building programs up with success, look for coaches that have done it fairly quick after programs have had a prolonged Period of sucking...ideally it would be a coach that has shown he can develop a program over a 5 year time span and develop their kids.
The administration over the last 20 years has been lazy and incompetent. We put no pressure at all on the coaching staff to perform. They give no guidance as to how to make improvements. We're not willing to compete for the top assistant coaches in college football. Heck at certain points we weren't willing to pay the head coach market value. The administration makes dumbass decisions like bring in a career .500 coach or a coach from the NFL who runs the exact opposite style of offense we have been successful with. And you wonder why we're as bad as we are today. Things aren't going to change or get better unless we start to get competent leadership. I'd argue that's the one thing we haven't tried in the last two decades of this program.

Lol how much were you paid to say that?

His job is to develop young student athletes. Winning is secondary right now, but wins will come. Scott is doing it the right way.
At some point, “developing young student athletes” must - absolutely must - translate to success on the field. If it doesn’t, the coach will be fired.
And winning should never be secondary at a place like Nebraska.

I don’t think HCSF goes any where even if next year is a disaster again.. As you’ve pointed out we have already tried so many different things, we even tried a washed up head coach in hopes that maybe that would some how work 🙄. Pretty much the only thing we haven’t tried since Tom retired was giving a coach ample time to get settled and learn the ropes. I still hope HCSF can turn this around and I think he needs time to do so, HE is still young and at his first power 5 gig. I think it would help him a lot of overhaul his coaching staff some and maybe bring in some prior head coaches that would be willing to work as assistants or coordinators, to resurrect their career.

to answer the last part of your question of where do you go from here, if HCSF were to be fired, I think you start looking at some Saben assistants, some that have spent some years learning under him or you keep going to the group of 5 and hope you can pull a coach that has some kind of history of building programs up with success, look for coaches that have done it fairly quick after programs have had a prolonged Period of sucking...ideally it would be a coach that has shown he can develop a program over a 5 year time span and develop their kids.
"I still hope HCSF can turn this around and I think he needs time to do so, HE is still young and at his first power 5 gig." Hope and prayer in college football gets you exactly what we have. With this rationale, Moos needs to go...he hired a kid who is totally in over his head and apparently is not getting counseling help from his boss.

Frost apologist always pull out the "he's so young...or he still learning" First off he's 46:

Lincoln Riley; Ryan Day; Kirby Smart; Luke Fickell; Bryan Harsin; PJ Fleck; Josh Heupel' Tom Herman; Lane Kiffin; Make Norvell; Neal Brown; Justin Fuente; Pat Fitzgerald; Matt Campbell....etc and blah blah blah,

All the above are about the same age or younger. Most had minimal experience as head coach before joining where they are now. SO the "he's a young coach" just doesn't explain anything.

So, you are saying we have a youngster who is learning as he goes (which is a laugher)....and we are paying him an elite experienced coaches salary....to learn as he goes....which he has not shown any indication he is learning anything (remember the definition of insanity...expecting different results while doing the exact same thing)

I think if he fields a team next year that produces the same awful results...he will and deserves to be shown the door.

Reactions: oldjar07
Seeing this schedule I see something like a 4-8 record. There are a lot of winnable games but until this team proves they can win and sustain any success I have a feeling it will be similar to this year, just when you think they are getting better they go backwards. Also don't think there is any way there would be a coaching change. My thoughts are that 2022 is the year that decides this coaching staffs future.

why wait for another 2 years? they should have fired him right after the crying video about not wanting to play a bowl game.

this was from the guy saying "We want to Play!"

What a freaking embarrassment this coach has been.

Frost will get two more years, for a total of five years, before any change would be made in my opinion.
This is true. Next year is a really tough schedule so just getting to a bowl game would be progress. A losing season next year puts a lot of pressure on Frost in Year 5. Another losing season in Year 5 then nobody in their right mind can’t say he wasn’t given a chance.

FACE PALM.

your comment is so bad, it doesn't even deserve the actual face palm photo.

Reactions: TheNewNU
This is true. Next year is a really tough schedule so just getting to a bowl game would be progress. A losing season next year puts a lot of pressure on Frost in Year 5. Another losing season in Year 5 then nobody in their right mind can’t say he wasn’t given a chance.

6 of 9 conf games against teams that didn't have a winning conf record -- 2 of the 3 teams with a winning conf record are Northw who is losing a number of players and Iowa

every conf game against a team with a .500 or better record is at home
the cross over games include the #6 and #7 place teams in the east division

conf games --- 5 home - 3 away - 1 neutral

it is an easy schedule

there's no 'if'. it's a near certainty we will fail to qualify for a bowl while having the same exact tired rhetoric shoved up our asses next season as we heard the previous 3.

husker football is dead. long live husker football.

6 of 9 conf games against teams that didn't have a winning conf record -- 2 of the 3 teams with a winning conf record are Northw who is losing a number of players and Iowa

it is an easy schedule
its a fairly easy schedule every year. its the B10 west. thats what makes the last 3 years almost unfathomable.

Reactions: stonesak

it is an easy schedule
Sorry but no schedule is an easy schedule for this staff. We CANNOT overlook any team yet we do every season under Frost and Co.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT