ADVERTISEMENT

If the 2021 season is another disaster...

HuskerLove1

Sophomore
Sep 22, 2018
Does that effectively end the era of Bill Moos and Scott Frost at Nebraska?

And to take it one step further. Where do you go next? We’ve already tried the following:

- Hired an offensive-minded HC with NFL experience
- Hired a college assistant coach that was a supposed defensive guru
- Hired an offensive-minded HC with tons of college experience
- Hired a young offensive-minded HC who was the hottest commodity on the market at the time

Reactions: ssmill777

And to take it one step further. Where do you go next? We’ve already tried the following:

- Hired a young offensive-minded HC who was the hottest commodity on the market at the time
Frost will get two more years, for a total of five years, before any change would be made in my opinion.

Last edited:

#1 or #4, but with a sit down discussion that top assistants need to be hired and a buddy system won't be tolerated.

Next, you hire an Exorcist to get rid of the demons that apparently plague Memorial Stadium.

I've said for a long time that TO sold the soul of men's FB and BB for the 97 'ship. Not sure there's any more logical explanation for the level of sustained futility from both programs.

I've said for a long time that TO sold the soul of men's FB and BB for the 97 'ship. Not sure there's any more logical explanation for the level of sustained futility from both programs.

Can you elaborate? Was it denying our AD at the time, the right to do his job and hire his own guy? Nepotism and buddy system instead of hiring like big boy program.

Outside of OU and OSU this is one of the weakest schedules on record if you only need to get to 9 wins

next year will be the first step for the fan base to become giddy with Iowa-like results

a moron could win 9 games with next years a schedule

The schedule isn’t that hard. I think we go 7-5. Or 8-4. If we do have a losing season then yes Frost needs to go. But I don’t see us going 5-7. 6-6 at the absolute worst.

Frosts plan is based on major improvements in strength and conditioning and talent. It takes years for the Huskers to reach the fruits of his labor.

can anyone argue the football players are not stronger and better conditioned?

Frosts plan is based on major improvements in strength and conditioning and talent. It takes years for the Huskers to reach the fruits of his labor.

I Think anyone could make them stronger and better conditioned than what Riley had. But the reality is it’s a performance based business. Look at our record. You can throw stats or lifting scores but look at the record.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I Think anyone could make them stronger and better conditioned than what Riley had. But the reality is it’s a performance based business. Look at our record. You can throw stats or lifting scores but look at the record.

The record doesn’t matter. Frost has been cleaning up the mess of previous regimes. The strength and conditioning approach will pay off.

The schedule isn’t that hard. I think we go 7-5. Or 8-4. If we do have a losing season then yes Frost needs to go. But I don’t see us going 5-7. 6-6 at the absolute worst.
[/]

Go some where else about political threads You know nothing about difficulty about next year schedule..

You know nothing about difficulty about next year schedule..

MAC school
SE La

4 divisional opponents that didn’t have winning conf records the other 2 are Northwestern who is losing a ton of players and Iowa

play the last place and 2nd to last place teams in the east div

dont play any conf road games against a team with a winning record

have 5 of 9 conf games at home -

there has never been an easier path to 9-10 wins.

Last edited:
MAC school
SE La

4 divisional opponents with losing records the other 2 are Northwestern who is losing a ton of players and Iowa

play the last place and 2nd to last place teams in the east div

dont play any conf road games against a team with a winning record

have 5 of 9 conf games at home -

there has never been an easier path to 9-10 wins.

Name your team or STFO🖕🏼U douce..

And yet we still do not seem to see the fruits of those efforts. S&C is a continual process, so it never ends nor does it peek, it is supposed to keep getting better.

From my vantage point Moos has been doing a good job.

Relative to Frost he will be there until the letter winners say it's time for a change.

Outside of OU and OSU this is one of the weakest schedules on record if you only need to get to 9 wins

next year will be the first step for the fan base to become giddy with Iowa-like results

a moron could win 9 games with next years a schedule
What a load of BS. There were 5 teams in the B1G that went .500 or better last year and we play 4 of them. We also go to OU, which will be a sure fire Top 5 team. (And this doesn’t even mention Michigan, who recruits at a high level and has been very good, outside of last year). We can have a successful season, but this is a good schedule.

What a load of BS. There were 5 teams in the B1G that went .500 or better last year and we play 4 of them. We also go to OU, which will be a sure fire Top 5 team. (And this doesn’t even mention Michigan, who recruits at a high level and has been very good, outside of last year). We can have a successful season, but this is a good schedule.

6 of 9 teams failed to have a winning conference record - Northwestern losing a ton and then Iowa which everyone here laughs at (both those games at home)

the #6 and #7place teams in the east

no conf away games against a team with a winning record

mike riley wins at least 9 games ... easy with that schedule

6 of 9 teams failed to have a winning conference record - Northwestern losing a ton and then Iowa which everyone here laughs at (both those games at home)

You can throw all the above out the window as we are still one of the worst coached teams in the Big Ten. If not the worst. OU and OSU are for sure blowouts. No reason to believe the fraud will beat Wiscy and Iowa. *maybe* go 4-4 with the remaining schedule.

That leaves us with another Scott Frost like year of 4-8 but a year with a shit ton of great practices. Can’t wait for this baby to turn.

You can throw all the above out the window as we are still one of the worst coached teams in the Big Ten. If not the worst. OU and OSU are for sure blowouts. No reason to believe the fraud will beat Wiscy and Iowa. *maybe* go 4-4 with the remaining schedule.

That leaves us with another Scott Frost like year of 4-8 but a year with a shit ton of great practices. Can’t wait for this baby to turn.

I don’t disagree but you don’t grade the teams on a curve ... it’s the same crappy opponent that shows up in Columbus that shows up in Lincoln

The quality of the teams on your schedule aren’t enhanced just because you happen to be really crappy and poorly coached

in year 4 with this horrendous schedule any coach with a pulse should easily win the division

From my vantage point Moos has been doing a good job.

Relative to Frost he will be there until the letter winners say it's time for a change.
Moos has already said publicly that Frost will be the HC at Nebraska as long as he’s the AD.

If it comes to it, Moos will be fired day1 and Frost day2.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Most games are 50/50... Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, NW... and some we will not be favored - OU, Ohio St, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Program progress is making a bowl game with 6-7 wins.

Reactions: phoenix4nu

While I kind of see where you’re coming from, it’s misleading to refer to Michigan and MSU as the bottom two teams in the East. It was factual for this season, but it’s not the norm and the schedule shouldn’t be evaluated that way. We all know it’d be easier to play Rutgers and Maryland.

Using the phrase “failed to have a winning record” is also misleading, and I have a feeling you’re saying it that way because you want to include Wisconsin (3-3) as a team that fits that criteria.

You also say “MAC team” when neglecting to mention that Buffalo was by far the best MAC team. Should we lose to them in Year 4? No. But again, you’re choosing your wording to make your case sound better than it is.

Instead of wording it in ways to mislead and make it sound like our schedule should be easy, why not just look at it game-by-game?

Illinois - no excuse to lose
Buffalo - should beat them, but not a cupcake like it was intended to be when scheduled
@OU - yikes
@MSU - would like to think we’ll win, but coming off OU and road game; MSU beat NW this year; toss-up
OSU - only hope is if they have a bad QB to replace Fields
NW - toss-up
@Purdue - probably 3rd easiest game up to this point; should win
Michigan - completely depends which team shows up
Iowa - toss-up
SELA - win
Wisconsin - probably loss till we prove otherwise against them
@ Minn - toss-up but leaning loss

Schedule sets up for 5-7 wins IMO. Your wording of the schedule to say 9 wins is misleading.

Reactions: headcard
While I kind of see where you’re coming from, it’s misleading to refer to Michigan and MSU as the bottom two teams in the East. It was factual for this season, but it’s not the norm and the schedule shouldn’t be evaluated that way. We all know it’d be easier to play Rutgers and Maryland.

Using the phrase “failed to have a winning record” is also misleading, and I have a feeling you’re saying it that way because you want to include Wisconsin (3-3) as a team that fits that criteria.

You also say “MAC team” when neglecting to mention that Buffalo was by far the best MAC team. Should we lose to them in Year 4? No. But again, you’re choosing your wording to make your case sound better than it is.

Instead of wording it in ways to mislead and make it sound like our schedule should be easy, why not just look at it game-by-game?

Buffalo - should beat them, but not a cupcake like it was intended to be when scheduled
@OU - yikes
@MSU - would like to think we’ll win, but coming off OU and road game; MSU beat NW this year; toss-up
NW - toss-up
Iowa - toss-up
SELA - win

Schedule sets up for 5-7 wins IMO. Your wording of the schedule to say 9 wins is misleading.
Misleading and dishonest is what he does.

Reactions: SkerInCo

@OU - yikes
NW - toss-up
Iowa - toss-up
SELA - win

If we run the same type of offense as last year but without Robinson, it could get real ugly.

After year 4 and 20+ million dollars a record better than 5-7 will be lauded as progress and overachieving

that is how bad Frost has been - he has lowered the bar so far it is unbelievable

through 3 years his high water mark has been 3 conference wins

the vast majority of the teams on the schedule are below average or average at best and people will be doing cartwheels if they get to 7 wins - as I have continually said Frost will turn the program into Iowa west and the fans will rejoice

I don’t think HCSF goes any where even if next year is a disaster again.. As you’ve pointed out we have already tried so many different things, we even tried a washed up head coach in hopes that maybe that would some how work 🙄. Pretty much the only thing we haven’t tried since Tom retired was giving a coach ample time to get settled and learn the ropes. I still hope HCSF can turn this around and I think he needs time to do so, HE is still young and at his first power 5 gig. I think it would help him a lot of overhaul his coaching staff some and maybe bring in some prior head coaches that would be willing to work as assistants or coordinators, to resurrect their career.

to answer the last part of your question of where do you go from here, if HCSF were to be fired, I think you start looking at some Saben assistants, some that have spent some years learning under him or you keep going to the group of 5 and hope you can pull a coach that has some kind of history of building programs up with success, look for coaches that have done it fairly quick after programs have had a prolonged Period of sucking...ideally it would be a coach that has shown he can develop a program over a 5 year time span and develop their kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT