ADVERTISEMENT

If our QB room last room didn't blow chunks...

Does Dylan Come to Lincoln?

• Yes

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Do we seriously need to keep talking about it?
aH0bCGHfT_D-AH9lconcas6F7vw=.gif

His decision wasn't based on the existing QB situation. He wasn't afraid of facing competition at Georgia or he wouldn't have committed there in the first place. In the end I think it had everything to do with his Dad's legacy being in Lincoln and him wanting to build on that. At the time he even cited the "Raiola" name being displayed in the stadium as one of his considerations.

The last minute flip to Nebraska came as a surprise to everyone including his parents but it was his own decision. His Dad and Coach Rhule even asked him if he was serious about it at the time.

Last edited:
He met with Rhule and asked, am I going to be the starter next year? Rhule said, more than likely.
I doubt he ever had that conversation. This was a very unique situation where I bet he watched every one of our games. It wouldn't be too hard for DR to watch our games and go, yep, could definitely start there from game 1. If anything, I bet he just wanted a chance to win a starting job over a grad transfer.

Reactions: V-Doub
His decision wasn't based on the existing QB situation. He wasn't afraid of facing competition at Georgia or he wouldn't have committed there in the first place. In the end I think it had everything to do with his Dad's legacy being in Lincoln and him wanting to build on that.
He knew he'd be likely sit 1+ years at Georgia.

Most likely its a coincidence that out of the three programs he committed to, he ended up at the one with the worst QB room....but I wouldn't hold it against him if it factored in...it would only be natural for a recruit to look at a depth chart...and he had to notice he was also getring a line that's struggled as of late to protect their QB, a lot, and lacked playmakers to, so nobody can say he took the easy route thats for sure.

Reactions: V-Doub
Most likely its a coincidence that out of the three programs he committed to, he ended up at the one with the worst QB room....but I wouldn't hold it against him if it factored in...it would only be natural for a recruit to look at a depth chart...and he had to notice he was also getring a line that's struggled as of late to protect their QB, a lot, and lacked playmakers to, so nobody can say he took the easy route thats for sure.
Games played/started by a QB in college is valuable prep for the next level. NFL scouts consider it in their evaluations.

I would argue it was a smart move by DR to go where he knows he can play early, in a P2 conference, with a reasonable chance to elevate the team and play on a big stage. He could always transfer if the situation goes sour. With good tape at the P2 level with Nebraska, he could auction his NIL offers. If he felt he needed to. Which hopefully he won’t because he leads the team to resurgence, and feels all the glory, enhanced by his dad’s legacy and family vibes on staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT