ADVERTISEMENT

If not Joseph, I hope it’s Rhule

I didn’t make a moral victory argument.

You are kind of pathetic and your reading comprehension sucks. Baylor was in bad shape after the scandals under Briles. If you don’t understand that, you are an idiot. I can’t help you. Ask your dad to explain it to you.

Him going 11-3 in his third season there after the Briles scandals is impressive. Again, if you don’t understand that, you are an idiot.
You probably don’t understand this either, but quotation marks means you are claiming I directly said what is between them. I didn’t. Don’t be an idiot.

Who in your mind—that is realistic—is better than Rhule? And why?

Be a big boy and form a thought on your own.
Buddy, why are you getting so emotional over someone disagreeing? Don’t post if you’re gonna cry about a conflicting opinion. Calm down

I do not think Rhule is a bad coach. I think he has a clearly defined ceiling that is about the same as Pelini’s.

0-11 against teams that are ranked.

and so what on the scandals? are you thinking he recruits grads and elementary teachers? Baylor is in a hot bed of talent and offers the ability to start right away, just like UCF.

the quotations are in reference to a common argument for keeping Frost last year. I’m not attributing them to you, I’m making the comparison with how impressed you were that he lost to Oklahoma and Georgia, when we just got rid of the champion of moral victories in Scott Frost.

Leipold is a better choice because he took over a winless shithole, and will most likely amass more ranked wins by the end of the year than Rhule had over his entire tenure at Baylor.

Bohl was a really good coach when he was sober. Smart guy who made some bad choices
Mike Price, Petrino, Freeze, Harsin, Ed O, Briles, Zach Smith, D.J. Durkins, Sark, McElwain and others.

Sark has recovered, Durkins getting rehabbed under Kiffin. It's a tough road back once they screw up and get caught.

Most of them were damn good coaches.

Just not impressed by him or any of the candidates.

We should be expecting our administration to get the absolute best coach possible even if they have a job if we are a so called blue blood.

And who do you think that is?

I would say Frank Solich had a successful run at Ohio.
how could i miss frank? yea kind of like bohl in some respects. what i was getting at is a lack of any assistant coaches going on to and coaching a power 5.
not saying we didnt have any good assistant coaches, just saying we didn't have nearly enough of good assistants who were good at developement and recruiting. seems like every keeper we've had there were 3 average to below average coahces at the same time

Last edited:
Thats a compelling and very well stated post. And this is coming from someone NOT on the Rhule bandwagon. If he is the guy I really hope he keeps Mickey around grow more impressed with his attitude and approach each week.
I don’t want him to feel pressured to hire Joseph, but if the two feel good about each other I would love to have Joseph stay.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT