ADVERTISEMENT

IF Nebraska loses to cu, how upset will you be?

I wish this game was later in the season. We have depth and a young QB. In a month we will be even better. CU will be banged up with little depth and they will be doubting themselves after a couple losses.

Reactions: Bruce1981
This team still needs to learn how to win. I am with Rhule, until they win more than 5 games, they are a 5 win team. DR had a good game last week but the receivers were suspect, some jogged through their routes. According to Robinson, the defense used 2-3 calls last week with no blitzes. Let's see what a 4 qtr game looks like against a Power 4 team, then we can judge the progress. A freshman QB with teammates who have not won has nothing to prove, only to build upon. I see some great potential for this year, but I also see a lot of speedbumps.

Maybe I have become numb to the losing and expecting the losses, but I am not geeked or pumped for this game, only a doubting Thomas waiting for the shoe to drop... The game should not close. CU is undisciplined and sloppy. They have 3 game changers that have the potential to make many plays. Tony White should be able to shut this down, but teams like sCUm have a habit of beating Nebraska as of late. The offense for Nebraska should be able to run at will on CU and use DR to take the top off the defense, but you have an offense that has been incapable of doing this due to a lack of discipline and competitive desire. Many lessons still needed to be learned for this team.

I wish this game was later in the season. We have depth and a young QB. In a month we will be even better. CU will be banged up with little depth and they will be doubting themselves after a couple losses.
Dylan will be just fine..We have more depth now than they do..

I’d better not be too upset if we lose because i think it is likely. The current team looks to me like it is well equipped to compete against most B1G offenses but possibly not a wide open offense with 2 of the likely top 10 draft picks at qb and wr. Hopefully we can get a superhuman rush effort on their qb and constant noise from the crowd while CU is on offense.

it’s hard to say disappointing would be an understatement for myself. Sure I can handle the last 15-20 years. But now.. I have an 11 year old son playing his second year of football just now getting interested in watching college football.

Obviously I’m showcasing Huskers everywhere around him. So this game is for all the kids, and young adults who haven’t experienced a good product on the field. This isn’t a conference championship, or a playoff game, but it’s deeply important to get some kids excited again.

GBR

y5kGp9l.gif

Not too upset, it's become expected in recent years to lose to such juggernauts as Wisconsin, Iowa, and Colorado each and every year.

People are over confident on this one. I think Neb wins, but this is a 4-8 Colorado team. Not Ohio st. Calm down a bit. We played UTEP and didn't turn the ball over 10 times, so now we have turned the corner? Rhule has not proved shit so far. I want to see the wins on the field and not some rah-rah bullshit. Until I see it, I am not overly excited. Prove me wrong, Matt. i have seen this same song and dance for the last 8 years. I say we beat Colorado in a close game. Baby steps. String a bunch of wins together and then we can talk.
Life cycle of a Husker fan

> way too excited preseason
> “we’re going to be 7-0 going into x game”
> “we’re going to crush [team who beat us last year], just look at the betting odds
> “even though we lost, I still have hope! future is bright and I trust this staff”
> stumble against middling conference foes due to multiple turnovers and penalties
> “if we can clean up the mistakes, we’re going to be really dangerous going down the stretch”
> get blown out by conference titan
> “nobody expected us to be competitive this year, we’re still rebuilding”
> bowl game starts to look unlikely
> lose close games against Wisconsin/Iowa, blame it on refs/injuries
> “if you don’t trust this staff then you’re not a true Husker fan, these things take time, nobody expected us to be good this year anyway”

rinse, repeat

Reactions: Chuck003
Until this team proves otherwise (and at some point they have to) I am chicken little

I bought my first Husker gear in 3 years this pre-season. If we beat Coach No Toes, I’ll order a new hat

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT