ADVERTISEMENT

If Frost got the benefit of going 0-6

while blaming his predecessors at every turn, why shouldn't Rhule get the benefit of going 0-1 after Frost took Nebraska to new depths unheard of by Frost while not blaming him?
But but but he won a championship here, or something….

He had a stupid long leash while outsiders coaching are criticized at every turn.

The leash Frost got by fans and the University was probably the longest of any major program in college football in my lifetime. I don't think we'll ever see anything like that again at not just Nebraska, but at a major program. If Tim Tebow came back to coach Florida, I don't even think they'd let him get to a 4th year with those results let alone a 5th.

He got a total pass for his first 3 years of losing and still was mostly getting a pass in year 4 because the games were close.

Reactions: Crisker
The leash Frost got by fans and the University was probably the longest of any major program in college football in my lifetime. I don't think we'll ever see anything like that again at not just Nebraska, but at a major program. If Tim Tebow came back to coach Florida, I don't even think they'd let him get to a 4th year with those results let alone a 5th.

He got a total pass for his first 3 years of losing and still was mostly getting a pass in year 4 because the games were close.
I agree. Even Missouri cut their former player/coach in Barry Odom after 3 years. He went .500 compared to Frost's defecation.

Reactions: Laner2
Rhule could very well start 0-6 as well.

Northern Illinois beat Boston College today. That game isn't a guaranteed win.

I would hope we would beat Louisiana Tech, but if we start 0-3, all bets are off.

Reactions: Chuck003
I saw a lot more giant red flags in Frost's first game than I've seen from Rhule. Frost's first game at Colorado was probably the most ill-disciplined game I've seen at any level. I've seen better fundamentals at the jr. high level than that game. With Rhule, unfortunately I have seen a couple red flags already but it's still early and willing to see how the season plays out before I make a long term judgment about him.

This year's team is better than any Frost team. Take away the 4 plays with turnovers along with the garbage non TD call at the end of the half and it's an 2 score win against one of our better opponents on their home field with a new staff and team running new systems on both sides of the ball. We held Minnesota to 55 yards rushing. We forced them to pass 44 times. We controlled time of possession from the 1st quarter on. We didn't give up any big plays and tackling wasn't an issue. If you don't see the obvious improvements than you don't know football.

I love that Colorado won today. We're going to run it down their throats and their offense isn't going to be facing a team that's given up 155 points in their last 3 games like TCU has. GBR

This year's team is better than any Frost team. Take away the 4 plays with turnovers along with the garbage non TD call at the end of the half and it's an 2 score win against one of our better opponents on their home field with a new staff and team running new systems on both sides of the ball. We held Minnesota to 55 yards rushing. We forced them to pass 44 times. We controlled time of possession from the 1st quarter on. We didn't give up any big plays and tackling wasn't an issue. If you don't see the obvious improvements than you don't know football.

I love that Colorado won today. We're going to run it down their throats and their offense isn't going to be facing a team that's given up 155 points in their last 3 games like TCU has. GBR
Come on man, this is the same nonsense we've been hearing through 3 coaching staffs. That kind of stuff is just moral victory talk.

Come on man, this is the same nonsense we've been hearing through 3 coaching staffs. That kind of stuff is just moral victory talk.
The turnovers yes. Everything else, no. If we only ran for 55 yards then yes. We ran for 181 which Minnesota rarely gives up. That's the best tackling I've seen in a game since I don't know when. Special teams are night and day difference better.

The turnovers yes. Everything else, no. If we only ran for 55 yards then yes. We ran for 181 which Minnesota rarely gives up. That's the best tackling I've seen in a game since I don't know when. Special teams are night and day difference better.
Fantastic. Did we win, though? That's all that matters.

This is a joke right? TCU's last three games before today were against #14 KSU, #3 Michigan and #1 Georgia. How many points do you think Busch's defense would have given up to those 3 teams?

This is a joke right? TCU's last three games before today were against #14 KSU, #3 Michigan and #1 Georgia. How many points do you think Busch's defense would have given up to those 3 teams?
TCU didn’t win last year because of their defense, and they lost 85% of their offensive production.

They also tried passing it around most of the game when they were getting 8ypc just running at CU.

TCU won’t be even close to the team they were last year. That was a team built on veteran leadership.

Rhule could very well start 0-6 as well.

Northern Illinois beat Boston College today. That game isn't a guaranteed win.

I would hope we would beat Louisiana Tech, but if we start 0-3, all bets are off.
Be careful mentioning the Boston College game, Tuco will go off on you

Reactions: GaRed
TCU didn’t win last year because of their defense, and they lost 85% of their offensive production.

They also tried passing it around most of the game when they were getting 8ypc just running at CU.

TCU won’t be even close to the team they were last year. That was a team built on veteran leadership.
A slew of NFL quality dudes is huge. They also captured something that just kept going. Dykes first year if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Frost most definitely deserves blame for the hole that Rhule has to dig us out of.

Rhule should just bite the bullet and start any Freshman remotely close to starting on O-line because the Upperclassman playing need to be benched!
To be fair, Mickey and Bill Busch had gotten the program pointed in the right direction by end of last season. Time to stop blaming Frost he’s been gone for 10 games now.

Frost most definitely deserves blame for the hole that Rhule has to dig us out of.

Rhule should just bite the bullet and start any Freshman remotely close to starting on O-line because the Upperclassman playing need to be benched!
After the CU game yesterday I’m thinking maybe Rhule should pull a coach Prime and send the entire roster packing and just start over. Too late now, but maybe play all the underclassmen and send the others packing at the end of the season.

Whatever Rhule is doing we better just get used to it. 8 year contract if I remember.

Retard Alert!
Really. You’ll blame Frost forever won’t you. He’s been gone 11 months now. If you don’t think the program began to move on since he left then you are dumb. If he stayed all of last year they would have won a single game.

Really. You’ll blame Frost forever won’t you. He’s been gone 11 months now. If you don’t think the program began to move on since he left then you are dumb. If he stayed all of last year they would have won a single game.
If it only takes 11 months, off season at that, to undo and rebuild from a past coaching regime, why do they traditionally give coaches at least 3 years?

I saw a lot more giant red flags in Frost's first game than I've seen from Rhule. Frost's first game at Colorado was probably the most ill-disciplined game I've seen at any level. I've seen better fundamentals at the jr. high level than that game. With Rhule, unfortunately I have seen a couple red flags already but it's still early and willing to see how the season plays out before I make a long term judgment about him.
Still wonder if Akron game doesn't get rained out if that would have changed things . Guess God was telling us something with that storm

After the CU game yesterday I’m thinking maybe Rhule should pull a coach Prime and send the entire roster packing and just start over. Too late now, but maybe play all the underclassmen and send the others packing at the end of the season.
Any Redshirt Sophomore not starting or Freshman that is deemed physically ready should be considered. I’ve seen enough from the Seniors not getting it done and costing the team points.

Reactions: RedMyMind
while blaming his predecessors at every turn, why shouldn't Rhule get the benefit of going 0-1 after Frost took Nebraska to new depths unheard of while not blaming him?
because we had 4 turnovers, and lost the game...again....to ourselves.

its been a long time since a team actually beat us.

Oh I’ll be blaming Frost for quite a while. 4 years fielding a product that couldn’t fight its way out of wet paper bag! Frost was too busy doing everything else besides being a head coach. Built a culture of soft, lazy, lackadaisical, no attention to detail, and no accountability. How are players going to succeed when the head coach doesn’t care? MJ noticed this right of the bat during Frost practices. It’s nauseating because Frost was from here and should have understood what needed to be done!

This toxicity is going to take a while to clean up. Somebody here said Rhule should do a Coach Prime and hand out some walking papers. Maybe that would be a good idea and speed up the rebuild!

Let’s just keep playing football and judge as we move along this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT