ADVERTISEMENT

IF Creighton and Nebraska swapped schedules

Interesting analysis. The RPI is a flawed measure of comparative strength because it does not take into account any statistic other than wins or losses. The BPI, Kenpom or Sagarin rankings take more variables into account (offensive & defensive efficieny etc.) and are more accurate in my opinion. Also, you have to take home court into account to do this accurately. The home team wins 78% of the time in college basketball. Nebraska versus Indiana State in Lincoln is a much easier game for Nebraska than Nebraska in Terre Haute. The same is true for Creighton playing Michigan in Omaha versus Ann Arbor.

These type of projections are ridiculous. Do you think they would've projected Indiana losing to Wisconsin, Illinois, & Minnesota this year as their "losses"?

No.

These type of comparisons don't work. Since everyone on this site believes in recruiting, all you have to do is look at cretins recruiting & like Nebraska's HAS BEEN in the basement of the B1G--translation: they would be in the basement of the B1G.

& now that cretin isn't going to make the tournament for 7-10 years again, we can stop putting their name in the same convo as Nebraska. Except when miles kicks their teeth in one night out of the year

WOW! Sounds like you know it all. First of all, I like the Tim Miles hire but he hasn't done anything yet so you might back off on the teeth kicking. You must hate Creighton to use the name you use for them. How bad did Creighton kick the Huskers butts this year.......at the Bob? Try 22 points. In addition, Creighton beat Wisconsin handily in Vegas by Ten and it wasnt that close. I saw the game. I think Wisky did quite well in the BIG, even leading it for a week or two. Creighton also beat Arizona State, who at the time, was on a roll. They led at one time by 26 and won by 14. They also beat Cal Berkeley by 10 and were never threatened....at Berkeley. To say that Creighton wont make the "dance" for 7-10 years is really out in space, especially from a guy who roots for a program that has NEVER won a GAME at the "dance" in the history of its program. You must have used this same spiel when "Danny Nee" was projected as the program saviour.
I am a big Husker fan who gives Creighton its props. NU isn't even in the same arena as Creighton when it comes to basketball......YET!
So far I dont see any of the so-called four and five star studs beating down the door to jump on the "HUSKER" bandwagon. That may happen but lets give it some time. The "2013" recruits for the Huskers so far aren't turning any heads.
I certainly hope they turn out to be really quality as nothing short of top notch talent to go with Miles ability is going to put the Huskers anywhere near the top of the BIG or the BIG DANCE.

Originally posted by huskeru:
WOW! Sounds like you know it all. First of all, I like the Tim Miles hire but he hasn't done anything yet so you might back off on the teeth kicking. You must hate Creighton to use the name you use for them. How bad did Creighton kick the Huskers butts this year.......at the Bob? Try 22 points. In addition, Creighton beat Wisconsin handily in Vegas by Ten and it wasnt that close. I saw the game. I think Wisky did quite well in the BIG, even leading it for a week or two. Creighton also beat Arizona State, who at the time, was on a roll. They led at one time by 26 and won by 14. They also beat Cal Berkeley by 10 and were never threatened....at Berkeley. To say that Creighton wont make the "dance" for 7-10 years is really out in space, especially from a guy who roots for a program that has NEVER won a GAME at the "dance" in the history of its program. You must have used this same spiel when "Danny Nee" was projected as the program saviour.
I am a big Husker fan who gives Creighton its props. NU isn't even in the same arena as Creighton when it comes to basketball......YET!
So far I dont see any of the so-called four and five star studs beating down the door to jump on the "HUSKER" bandwagon. That may happen but lets give it some time. The "2013" recruits for the Huskers so far aren't turning any heads.
I certainly hope they turn out to be really quality as nothing short of top notch talent to go with Miles ability is going to put the Huskers anywhere near the top of the BIG or the BIG DANCE.
YUP.....Really well said my man!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT