ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong about Frost

antirowboat

Junior
Jan 30, 2021
He was the guy I wanted and was willing to give him time to fix things and build a winning program. But now that we are year 4, there's no sign of progress or a winning product being produced. It's time to cut Frost lose and fire him. The longer we wait to do that the more drama that will be created so just cut bait asap, promote an interim head coach the rest of the season, and go out and start the new coaching search.

I thought playing for Osborne and working as a GA with Bill Snyder would have taught him about the importance of fundamentals and being detail-oriented. But obviously he has not figured that out here, and his team continues to do the dumbest possible garbage to lose games.

I've said it in many threads he is just not a very smart guy. Doesn't matter how many favors he got because his mother was an Olympian, he just doesn't have it between the ears. Has some obvious personality issues that shockingly passed through Nebraska administration's due diligence filters.

The real Scott Frost
simple-jack-kerry-clay.gif

Nebraska was desperate and Frost seemed like the hottest young coach in the country. He had Nebraska ties, and if they passed on him, it was possible they'd never get another chance. It made sense at the time, but it just goes to show you need a more proven resume than one good season at a mid-major before committing to a guy.

Nebraska was desperate and Frost seemed like the hottest young coach in the country. He had Nebraska ties, and if they passed on him, it was possible they'd never get another chance. It made sense at the time, but it just goes to show you need a more proven resume than one good season at a mid-major before committing to a guy.
and we paid him what everyone felt was a defining factor when it comes to success. That idea has also been debunked

Let's ride out the season, then fire him for cause. We have several months ahead to evaluate new coaches. Try to keep the players on board because have some talent.

Scott Frost simply has no idea what he's doing and we have no reason to think he'll ever figure it out. Sad experiment has to come to an end.

His issue IMO is that he just can't get and keep the kids in the proper mental state for whatever reason. The mistakes shouldn't be happening 4 games into a season let alone 4 years into his tenure. It's so maddening when you see the talent when they're on and such stupid mistakes when they're not on.

Shocked to see the continuing mistakes on the special teams. But of course the biggest disaster is Adrian Martinez up and down performance - looks great at times and horrible at others. Adrian has no consistency.

Sad to say but I have to agree, 4 years is long enough to see some positive signs, at this time it’s just not there.
I sat right behind Husker bench today and saw absolutely no emotion what so ever, I like Scott, he’s a good person, but it’s just not getting done and a change is needed to turn this program around!

I thought playing for Osborne and working as a GA with Bill Snyder would have taught him about the importance of fundamentals and being detail-oriented. But obviously he has not figured that out here, and his team continues to do the dumbest possible garbage to lose games.
Thanks for borrowing my post from another board. Weird.

Frost's UCF teams were very undisciplined, they led the entire country in penalties.

Makenzie Milton and Marcus Mariota made Frost look like a competent coach and play-caller. But he never really was.

Sad to say but I have to agree, 4 years is long enough to see some positive signs, at this time it’s just not there.
I sat right behind Husker bench today and saw absolutely no emotion what so ever, I like Scott, he’s a good person, but it’s just not getting done and a change is needed to turn this program around!
Frost is a joke and thief. He should give 3/4 of his salary back. He needs to go to Florida and work on things with his wife. His character in Lincoln has made him sound like a puke. F#@$ Frost. Get him out of here.

When our coach basically decided to stay pat with the current staff after 3 losing seasons....we should have seen this all too predictable outcome long in advance.

Reactions: kakdawg
Yep. We learned that the hard way with Hazell.

Reactions: Pu71indy
Frost's UCF teams were very undisciplined, they led the entire country in penalties.

Makenzie Milton and Marcus Mariota made Frost look like a competent coach and play-caller. But he never really was.
This is correct and Trev plus his advisors will take that into consideration big time. I'm not being mean or using hyperbole when I say Frost has no idea how to fix these problems. It's astonishing. a bunch of really good athletes telling their coach they'll get it together, but they never do and there's never any consequences, so it all means squat

He was the guy I wanted and was willing to give him time to fix things and build a winning program. But now that we are year 4, there's no sign of progress or a winning product being produced. It's time to cut Frost lose and fire him. The longer we wait to do that the more drama that will be created so just cut bait asap, promote an interim head coach the rest of the season, and go out and start the new coaching search.

I'm right there with you. I thought he should have been hired instead of Riley and gave him the benefit of the doubt due to the talent in the program the first two seasons. But positively nothing on the field has improved in year four. The talent has improved but the product on the field is still a shit show. He refuses to make necessary changes and the whole team makes mistakes left and right.

His issue IMO is that he just can't get and keep the kids in the proper mental state for whatever reason. The mistakes shouldn't be happening 4 games into a season let alone 4 years into his tenure. It's so maddening when you see the talent when they're on and such stupid mistakes when they're not on.

Shocked to see the continuing mistakes on the special teams. But of course the biggest disaster is Adrian Martinez up and down performance - looks great at times and horrible at others. Adrian has no consistency.

I think it’s a situation where the players take on the personality of the coach. We saw it under Pelini, when things got tough he yelled and screamed and blamed everyone else, he quit rotating players and we were done. Same here, as soon as something goes wrong he panics and abandons the gameplan and so do the players.

Frost is a joke and thief. He should give 3/4 of his salary back. He needs to go to Florida and work on things with his wife. His character in Lincoln has made him sound like a puke. F#@$ Frost. Get him out of here.
Please elaborate.

I think it’s a situation where the players take on the personality of the coach. We saw it under Pelini, when things got tough he yelled and screamed and blamed everyone else, he quit rotating players and we were done. Same here, as soon as something goes wrong he panics and abandons the gameplan and so do the players.

Oh"WE" did?? I rarely saw Pelini teams lose second half leads, not make half time adjustments, constantly get shellshocked by first year coaches and LESSER teams WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT by teams like Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa and Northwestern!

There is ZERO comparison between Frost and Pelini. People say crap like this to justify being one of the ones who led the band for Pelini to be FIRED!.....WITHOUT CAUSE which is why this program is a national embarrassment that it is NOW!

Compare Frost to Klownahan or Reilly.....3 fkn losers!

This thread needs to be pinned by the mods so everyone that wants a chance to apologize can.

Reactions: JPR95
Oh"WE" did?? I rarely saw Pelini teams lose second half leads, not make half time adjustments, constantly get shellshocked by first year coaches and LESSER teams WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT by teams like Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa and Northwestern!

There is ZERO comparison between Frost and Pelini. People say crap like this to justify being one of the ones who led the band for Pelini to be FIRED!.....WITHOUT CAUSE which is why this program is a national embarrassment that it is NOW!

That was a bizarre over reaction.

I was wrong too. I was ecstatic when we got him and thought he would do great things. But then in that very first game against Colorado, there were obvious warning signs that there would be problems. It was the most ill-disciplined college football game I think I've ever seen. It was just a complete clownshow of a game, and it was pretty much then I knew Frost wasn't doing the job he should be doing. The very first thing you teach your team is how to play sound, fundamental football. You can teach Jr. High kids the fundamentals of football by their first game. It's obvious looking back that Frost completely skipped this part, and there are other parts he's skipped and it's lead directly to his downfall.

Is that you Bo?

While I wasn't as gaga over the Frost hire as some people were, I never anticipated what a clown show the program would be under him. His contract extension absolutely made my head explode, because it provided excessive validation for a guy who already thought he was God's gift to college football.

This seems to be a recurring situation, I‘ve noticed the same thing when falling behind he abandons the game plan and the players on offense start to panic…

Quit obvious some of his assistant‘s haven’t been able to develop players getting better…

Reactions: headcard
I don't know if I've been living under a rock or what but all the character allegations just came to my attention this week and I was like holy cow.

IF these things are true....
1) chasing tail at gate 25
2) frequent using of apartment above 25
3) boozer
4) getting thrown out of a country club
5) basically being a dick in public

Ultimately leading to his wife leaving him and going back to Florida

You know what you're getting into when you marry a Coach....long hours etc. But those long hours should be spent in the office working.

IF allegations are true then he chose to fail. You can't preach doing things the right way and then don't do things the right way yourself and expect to hold kids and staff accountable

IF allegations are true then my gut feeling is Trev Alberts was brought in to swing the axe and find a way to use just cause to not pay Frost his buyout. Yes the NCAA infractions investigation began before Trev was hired. But that doesn't mean the ball wasn't set in motion with an intention. We'll see.

Year 4 ZERO improvement?? I'm done.... probably and most likely. Definitely if above allegations are true. Good luck Trev.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT