ADVERTISEMENT

I view a new offensive staff as a do over for Frost

antirowboat

Junior
Jan 30, 2021
TE coach is a P5 level position coach so nothing wrong with keeping him. The others were not P5 level and it showed. If Frost can put together a good staff on the O side now that he was given another lifeline, I view it as a do-over. Learned that what he knows and wanted to do failed, but is now willing to let go of being the OC and becoming a real head coach and be the CEO.

Frost's career as a HC is dependent on making a good hire.

We all knew Frost didn't have the experience as a head coach when he took this job and a lot of stuff went wrong (no excuses) based on wrong choices made, but hopefully, he has now learned and will adjust things as a head coach. If Moos was still the AD I bet things would have stayed the same. With Trev in the leadership position, we now have people who want to make this work working together now.

TE coach is a P5 level position coach so nothing wrong with keeping him. The others were not P5 level and it showed. If Frost can put together a good staff on the O side now that he was given another lifeline, I view it as a do-over. Learned that what he knows and wanted to do failed, but is now willing to let go of being the OC and becoming a real head coach and be the CEO.

We all knew Frost didn't have the experience as a head coach when he took this job and a lot of stuff went wrong (no excuses) based on wrong choices made, but hopefully, he has now learned and will adjust things as a head coach. If Moos was still the AD I bet things would have stayed the same. With Trev in the leadership position, we now have people who want to make this work working together now.
This one isn't gonna age very well.

Continuing to keep bases covered I see. Less than 2 weeks ago this type of post would've been met with the Frost cult member response.

Reactions: timnsun
I doubt we can get someone more qualified than Frost was to run the offense and I’m not sure how Frost will handle giving up play calling. It’s what he was hired for after all. He wasn’t hired to be a CEO coach.
We will see. His HC career is depending on a good hire.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I'd like to see us go towards real running, because I think that's what is our best chance to recruit.....
but whatever we do, if we don't have the players to run it, the OC's plans won't be worth a diddly squiddly.
if walsh doesn't have montana or young, his plans would be dung
if bill p doesn't have tommy b, his plans wouldn't be worth yeller p
if nole didn't have bradshaw, the steeler would have been whipped sawed
it's not hard to understand, you have to have a man to carry out the plan

Reactions: headcard
I'd like to see us go towards real running, because I think that's what is our best chance to recruit.....
but whatever we do, if we don't have the players to run it, the OC's plans won't be worth a diddly squiddly.
if walsh doesn't have montana or young, his plans would be dung
if bill p doesn't have tommy b, his plans wouldn't be worth yeller p
if nole didn't have bradshaw, the steeler would have been whipped sawed
it's not hard to understand, you have to have a man to carry out the plan
Is this some sort of Haiku, or are you just unfamiliar with capital letters and periods?

Nebraska is 72nd in scoring offense with a pathetic 26 points per game average. The offense sucks....

Why do you think that is?

I tend to think OL play is the issue and we are able to scheme around it between the 20’s, but you have to be able to move people one the LOs to score in the red zone. Our kicking game is also hurting our ppg.

I tend to think OL play is the issue and we are able to scheme around it between the 20’s, but you have to be able to move people one the LOs to score in the red zone. Our kicking game is also hurting our ppg.

The man running the show. The guy who trots out a subpar qb week after week. The guy that brought in a staff that can't develop hardly anybody on the offensive side of the ball.

This, it as the most important part of the team as up to this point that need fixed! Make the offensive line better and a lot of different offenses can do the job! We are in the Big 10, line and running backs are the word of the day! It took Coach Frost 4yrs to figure it out in the Big 10! Now give him 2 yrs!! Hip, hip hooray!! Oops, sorry wrong coach!!!

When the sunshine pumpers were suggesting that Nebraska (post Riley) was in worse shape than perennial bottom feeders like Iowa State and Kansas and they maintained Nebraska was harder to turn around than those horrendous programs, I (sarcastically) posted that Frost needed at least 8 years. Four to get rid of the Riley recruits and four more to get rid of the crossover influence Riley recruits carried over to the first round of Frost recruits.

It appears the sunshine pumpers were right. Nebraska was indeed a pathetic program scraping the bottom as one of the worst Div 1 programs when Frost was hired. And here we are headed into year 5 - still a bottom feeder with no more than 3 conference wins in any year - only to have fans cheering that decision.

He's being pulled off the offense, to allow someone else to run it. And being told to spend more time with fans and boosters.

Or at least that is what they got him to say about it.

I don't know Scott, but that sounds like a miserable future or a recipe for a drinking problem, neither of which are mutually exclusive.

I still maintain this as a transition, depending on who ends up being announced in the coming weeks.

We are all just guessing though and it should be easier to gauge as it all unfolds.

He's being pulled off the offense, to allow someone else to run it. And being told to spend more time with fans and boosters.

I don't know Scott, but that sounds like a miserable future or a recipe for a drinking problem, neither of which are mutually exclusive.

I still maintain this as a transition, depending on who ends up being announced in the coming weeks.

We are all just guessing though and it should be easier to gauge as it all unfolds.

The vast majority of Head Coaches don’t run the offense or the defense. They oversee all the units and work with everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78

And you’ve seen first hand this drinking problem your mentioning?

Ok, this thread is going to go down the wrong path now. Let's not go down that way. We will see who the new OC will be in a couple of weeks or so.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
The vast majority of Head Coaches don’t run the offense or the defense. They oversee all the units and work with everyone.
agree with that statement..

All I am saying is, I don't know Scott, but do you think this is what he wants? or do you think he prefers tinkering with the offense, in effect being the OC?

I think he's going to have a difficult time just being a ceo.

All I am saying is, I don't know Scott, but do you think this is what he wants? or do you think he prefers tinkering with the offense, in effect being the OC?

I agree. I do think he enjoys the OC role, but he needs to embrace overseeing all three phases better. I imagine he will still be involved with scheming and game planning, even if he doesn’t run the offense in practice and call the plays in games.

I still don’t know who was calling the plays up to this point SF or Lubick.. We know who will be calling the plays the next 2 games that’s for sure..

More importantly SF should be grateful that he is being given another chance that no one else would have just because he is one of us..

We can bitch all we want I just hope Trev gets it right when the time comes for the next hire..

Losing sucks when all your life we’ve won 9 or more games every year till the past decade..

Reactions: headcard

Depends. If he truly wants to be here and feels the way he says publicly, then yes he will turn over OC to someone else so he can oversee everything.

Frost is a moron. The only reason why he isn’t fired is because NU wanted to save some money. He’ll be gone next year.

Frost is a moron. The only reason why he isn’t fired is because NU wanted to save some money. He’ll be gone next year.
I don't think he is a moron. I think he is intelligent. I just don't think he is a good head coach. I don't think saving money was the only reason he wasn't fired this year, or even the biggest reason. I suspect it was a lot more complicated than that. Such as maybe some boosters wanted to keep him and some let him go. This way, the boosters wanting to keep him can be told next year if he is fired "we gave him every chance". Maybe the powers that be are tired of changing coaches every few years and really think he can turn it around after major surgery. Maybe Trev wanted to axe him, but didn't have a good replacement. Maybe they wanted to show potential new head coaches Nebraska is willing to do everything they can to make it work if they are hired.

I don't think he is a moron. I think he is intelligent. I just don't think he is a good head coach. I don't think saving money was the only reason he wasn't fired this year, or even the biggest reason. I suspect it was a lot more complicated than that. Such as maybe some boosters wanted to keep him and some let him go. This way, the boosters wanting to keep him can be told next year if he is fired "we gave him every chance". Maybe the powers that be are tired of changing coaches every few years and really think he can turn it around after major surgery. Maybe Trev wanted to axe him, but didn't have a good replacement. Maybe they wanted to show potential new head coaches Nebraska is willing to do everything they can to make it work if they are hired.
Trev has a year head start to find the next coach. I believe he will because we all know what is coming.

When the sunshine pumpers were suggesting that Nebraska (post Riley) was in worse shape than perennial bottom feeders like Iowa State and Kansas and they maintained Nebraska was harder to turn around than those horrendous programs, I (sarcastically) posted that Frost needed at least 8 years. Four to get rid of the Riley recruits and four more to get rid of the crossover influence Riley recruits carried over to the first round of Frost recruits.

It appears the sunshine pumpers were right. Nebraska was indeed a pathetic program scraping the bottom as one of the worst Div 1 programs when Frost was hired. And here we are headed into year 5 - still a bottom feeder with no more than 3 conference wins in any year - only to have fans cheering that decision.
You didnt account for the covid year. It will be 9 years now to fully lose any imprint mike Riley had on the program. Frost has 5 more years to figure it out

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT