ADVERTISEMENT

I like the phrase FLOBASKA....

Not a fan of it. FloBraska sounds like someone is just trying way too hard to create a nickname. Is it a requirement that everything has to have a nickname?! Would be just fine if they said that we are having great success recruiting Florida. "AMart" can also be buried like cat crap too.

Already get more than my fill of Flo during football broadcasts. Don't need any more.

18jdpd8t9szy3jpg.jpg

Is it really that exhausting to just call him Adrian Martinez? Whenever I see A. Martinez, I keep thinking we recruited a 70-year-old TV actor to play QB:
MV5BODU0NTk5NTg5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY3ODAyNzE@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Exactly! "AMart" makes him sound like he is going to be featured as a blue light special...at "Kmart."

Edit - Wow, I just read about this guy. Didn't realize he was the actor that played in "The Cowboys."

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Not a fan of it. FloBraska sounds like someone is just trying way too hard to create a nickname. Is it a requirement that everything has to have a nickname?! Would be just fine if they said that we are having great success recruiting Florida. "AMart" can also be buried like cat crap too.
Me either sounds more like that time of the month

Edit - Wow, I just read about this guy. Didn't realize he was the actor that played in "The Cowboys."
Yeah that was a great movie with some people who went on to have long acting careers. I'm not sure, but I think Bruce Dern was the only actor ever to kill a John Wayne character on-screen.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Yeah that was a great movie with some people who went on to have long acting careers. I'm not sure, but I think Bruce Dern was the only actor ever to kill a John Wayne character on-screen.

Bruce Dern was great at that role too! When he scowls "Stop, you son of a bitch!! Turn around, I want you to see this coming!!" before he shoots Mr. Anderson, you can almost see blood in his eyes. He delivered that line with complete conviction.

Which now brings us back to the topic of Nebraska, since Bruce Dern played in Alexander Payne's "Nebraska." See, hijacked threads can fix themselves sometimes. :D

Is it really that exhausting to just call him Adrian Martinez? Whenever I see A. Martinez, I keep thinking we recruited a 70-year-old TV actor to play QB:
MV5BODU0NTk5NTg5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY3ODAyNzE@._V1_UY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
That's Jacob Nighthorse. You can't fool me.

Didn’t his character get killed on screen in the Shootist? Think it was in the bar shootout.
That's possible - I don't remember The Shootist very well. Bruce Dern told the story many times about how he became known as The Guy Who Shot John Wayne and it hurt his career, but it might have happened in some other movies.

Heres an idea. How about....Nebraska. Take some damn pride in the school and state and stop trying to make it something else. Its Nebraska. I dont see the kids on the stadium screen saying “I play for Flocalibraswhatthehellever”. They play for dadgum NEBRASKA.

I vote for something pretty epic...
Something pretty awesome and used to get recruits here.

What state is that??? What city ???

Used to be The Great State of Nebraska.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
One more thing. Calibraska,Flobraska etc. theres one thing missing from these things. The big red N that the kids wear on their helmets.

You think Saban would let his program be called Calibama? Or Urban would go for THE Ohirida State University?

Heck Oklahoma pulls a lot of kids from Texas and they arent calling themselves Texahoma.

If we get Duggan from CB are we then Iowabraska?

Its Nebraska man. The N is for Nebraska.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT