ADVERTISEMENT

I know we've touched on non-traditional uniforms before, but...

ThereIsNoPlace

Blackshirt
Nov 29, 2014
...do you think Coach Frost will implement them in the first few years or wait until he gains momentum to modernize the brand a little?

Or never?

UCF went so far as to put pics of the players' faces inside the helmet logo.

Frost will go all out Oregon!

I could see him going either way actually... either contining what has been done the last several years or going with multiple uniforms.

I would bet that he would stay more traditional at first, given the type of Jason Peter has given in the past...

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Don't really care...we could go full chrome, as long as we're winning and landing recruits.

That said, I don't see IHCSF seeing the need to do this. Leaning on tradition is one of the differentiators we have. Let the other schools go gimmicky.

Reactions: Sinomatic
It would be great to mix it up wear red helmets on occasions would be cool.

Wear cream uniforms like OU wore a few years back like our Basketball team has worn in the past.

Like Penny said if this helps recruiting and winning games by all means do it.

Changes like those all whites we had at Northwestern(I think it was) in 2016 are pretty cool but our alts in general have been pretty fugly.

Not sure why this was ever an issue. These started under Dr. Tom Osbornes time at the helm. We should respect that given his vision and sacrifices to the University. We all owe him.

I am in favor of whatever helps us to recruit better and win games.
Yep, I have always liked different uniforms. I know some of the old school guys don't like it. It the kids like it, if it helps us appear more modern to get recruits then so be it. I know Frost has mentioned in the past he really like all the different uniforms Oregon had. I don't think we need to have 10,000 different uniforms but 4 or 5 would be fine.

It would be great to mix it up wear red helmets on occasions would be cool.

Wear cream uniforms like OU wore a few years back like our Basketball team has worn in the past.

Like Penny said if this helps recruiting and winning games by all means do it.
Nebraska is becoming known as the old, outdated, middle of nowhere program. I think it is time to update a bit.

Yep, I have always liked different uniforms. I know some of the old school guys don't like it. It the kids like it, if it helps us appear more modern to get recruits then so be it. I know Frost has mentioned in the past he really like all the different uniforms Oregon had. I don't think we need to have 10,000 different uniforms but 4 or 5 would be fine.
I think we could use some more bling, more snap, crackle and pop. And I am one of the old farts

Players pictures on helmets was a really cool touch I've never seen before. Not saying I want that, but I'm good with some creative options.

Last edited:
When you have no fan base and/or a broken program you do things to create excitement for and within the program.

Not necessary here. Frost won't have to embrace the tradition because he is actually the tradition.

I really hope a 1 and 1 is negotiated in a buyout so that we can break your program.

As long as they are dominating opponents and winning games, they can dress like this for all I care:

Pride+Parade+Little+Girl.jpg

I think we could use some more bling, more snap, crackle and pop. And I am one of the old farts
Funny how things change when a team hits rock bottom. I know a few years back this question was posed on here. there were probably 60% on here that wanted to stick with tradition and not change no matter what. Unfortunately we are seeing first hand you have to keep up with the Jones's or you get left behind

Iowa fan that used to draw Nebraska football players as a kid here. Your helmets are sweet (love the N) and they will look better when you're back. You've already ditched the offense/identity that won you nattys (because Stoops's OU won one with a spread offense and you panicked/overreacted or no?), don't lose the traditional look now too. You gotta get rid of the blowup mascot dude (so dated, so lame), the other mascot is excellent though. Not a fan of the block N being used on gear beyond it's use as your logo on BTN for example (where it's totally fine), also not a fan of the cursive (also dated) Huskers. A lot of lame Nebby gear out there (which actually endears me to your fan base). I'd put the simple helmet N on a ball cap and call it a day/wear the crap out of it (a classic look). The same tops/pants as Wisc is sort of an issue (plus your pants are stale, no thanks to Adidas), so I'd look at considering a tweak with the pants, perhaps a single strip but slightly thicker than Bama's? You should switch to Nike, would look better, just sayin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic
It’s really never been about the uniform, but who wears the uniform and what they do while wearing the uniform.

(Edit): One thing that always looks cool when I watch games from 20+ years ago are the massive shoulder pads, they were awesome. ;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT