ADVERTISEMENT

I know it's not likely...

saluno22

Defensive Coordinator
Mar 1, 2006
But if Nebraska returns to the Big 12, there goes hosting the conference baseball tournament. Probably stays down in OKC.

Also would mean Childress wouldn't point players not going to A&M toward Nebraska.

Yeah, it would help our baseball if we did go back to the Big 12 even if we lost those two incentives. With that said it is a big nothing burger and we will be in the Big Ten for the long haul. Just makes too much fiscal sense to stay. Minus this year apparently. ha

Reactions: saluno22
But if Nebraska returns to the Big 12, there goes hosting the conference baseball tournament. Probably stays down in OKC.

Also would mean Childress wouldn't point players not going to A&M toward Nebraska.
Not sure I understand the second part. A&M is in the SEC. We wouldn't be competing with them.

Ha, fair point, completely forgot about that.
I can understand the confusion. I just had a fleeting thought on Tuesday about what things would be like if we went back to the Big 12, and I thought about all the coaches and players on the baseball team who came from A&M competing against their former school, before I remembered that A&M wasn't in the Big 12 anymore. I guess it's easy for us to remember the Big 12 like it was when we left, not like it is now.

I find it interesting that no one else has mentioned the similarities between the current B1G Fall sports decisions and the lack of transparency during the 2019 infamous college baseball, 3rd Paid Assistant Vote Smokin
Granted that was still under Delaney's watch and not Warren.
But it is another example how the B1G has historically been administered.
It's also the same administrating that made the B1G the place we wanted to be. Now, let's play some ball!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT