ADVERTISEMENT

Should Harper Murray be dismissed from the team?

Should Harper Murray be dismissed from the team?

• Total voters
I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. There was a question about the value. If they didn't stop her and recover the items, how would they know exactly what she took? I wasn't inferring that you couldn't deduce she took something from the video.

I assume the store wasn't so vindictive that they would have detained her, recovered the items, called police, and then decided to plaster it on social media and instead, she drove off with the items and this was an attempt to catch her.
The video showed her taking the rings putting them in her pocket. Other video showed her outside the store putting the rings on by her car. They probably went to the inventory and checked it against sold merchandise to figure which rings we taken .That’s how they would come to with value.

Ok Kristi. Quit shooting dogs
Lots of people who have grown up on a farm have had to shoot a dog. My Springer killed all my mom’s chickens. Bang. I’ve got a renter in one of my farmhouses that has a dog that needs shot. He’s nipped me once and several delivery drivers. If the renter didn’t have pancreatic cancer that dog would be gonzo. What’s really disgusting is that the local shelter adopted this dog out KNOWING that it was a biter. Some dogs need killed. Period.

Lots of people who have grown up on a farm have had to shoot a dog. My Springer killed all my mom’s chickens. Bang. I’ve got a renter in one of my farmhouses that has a dog that needs shot. He’s nipped me once and several delivery drivers. If the renter didn’t have pancreatic cancer that dog would be gonzo. What’s really disgusting is that the local shelter adopted this dog out KNOWING that it was a biter. Some dogs need killed. Period.
Ok Kristi. Quit shooting man’s bets friend just cause you can’t train a dog

Some dogs are in fact untrainable just like some horses. Think about all the mental illness in the human race then realize that there's plenty of that in other mammals.
So you’re gonna go around and shoot random people you deem untrainable?

Some dogs are in fact untrainable just like some horses. Think about all the mental illness in the human race then realize that there's plenty of that in other mammals.
We had a 9 month old pit bull that was just effen nuts. He was a resource guarder, so don't try to take anything that he thinks belongs to him. He was 95#'s of solid muscle, as they all are, and expected to reach 125#'s.

I was headed to my kitchen, and he went tearing on the inside between the basement steps and me, I wound up going facefirst down about 5-6 steps and have 5 scars on my forearm to prove it.

I thought it was a great idea to have this dog after my daughter had had him for 3 months. I figured along with my friends, Smith and Wesson, he would grow into a formidable force for anyone entering our home without a real weapon. Turns out, the sob probably could have taken us out before any intruder.

This is simple. It is not our decision to make. Cook has to do what is best for the team and for Harper. It is his decision and nobody else knows the situation better than Cook most likely! Our opinions should not matter at all! Cook, the team and Murray have to handle this. There is not doing what is right for the fans or the public here!
The issue is Cooksaid multiple times in his presser after the game in Kearney that it was out of his hands. Not sure what he exactly meant. But it sounds like with the multiple offenses that it’s not his decision.We will see . She goes to Court for her DUI tomorrow (Wednesday)

As a very ypung man, we had cat that pissed my dad off one to many times. He picked it up, and the rifle, took it out front...not back, front, in a normal neighborhood, and shot that thing multiple times. Never heard the end of it from a friend who happened to see it.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
If we lose her and Ali that’s a tough blow to the team hotness

game-of-thrones-can-the-treasury-bear-such-expense.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Huskers123456
I can see shooting an old sick dog. As a bird dog owner, it doesn't seem right to kill a bird dog for killing birds. He just needed a different home. I fostered a Brittany because the owners couldn't keep him since he killed the neighbors chickens. We found him a home without chickens nearby.

As a very ypung man, we had cat that pissed my dad off one to many times. He picked it up, and the rifle, took it out front...not back, front, in a normal neighborhood, and shot that thing multiple times. Never heard the end of it from a friend who happened to see it.
That story is honestly hilarious!

I can see shooting an old sick dog. As a bird dog owner, it doesn't seem right to kill a bird dog for killing birds. He just needed a different home. I fostered a Brittany because the owners couldn't keep him since he killed the neighbors chickens. We found him a home without chickens nearby.
in my experience dogs like that find other things to go after. Usually it's a kid.

in my experience dogs like that find other things to go after. Usually it's a kid.
A wirehaired pointed is about as close to the temperament of a Golden Retriever that you can get. Extremely easy to train and affectionate. If you can't train one of these, you are a lousy dog owner.

You couldn't be more wrong. It is literally bred into bird dogs. I used to have chickens. Both of my labs killed chickens years apart (we owned them). My wife was pissed, both times. I had to explain that you can't erase 150+ years of breeding. Eventually the chickens figured out to stay clear of the dogs and eventually the dogs learned to stay clear of the chickens. But no way is a chicken killing bird dog indicative of anything more than instinct to hunt and/or retrieve.

A wirehaired pointed is about as close to the temperament of a Golden Retriever that you can get. Extremely easy to train and affectionate. If you can't train one of these, you are a lousy dog owner.
And I would actually be concerned if a young hunting dog had such a low prey drive that it didn't instinctively chase chickens.

Reactions: bmb81664
Years ago, my group of friends were out on O street. One of the girls with us had a smoking body and was dressed like a super slut. Of course, her friends and the guys in our group did not tell her that, we just told her how hot she looked...she had a super tiny shirt on showing off her huge cans.

Got to walking on O street and within about 3 minutes a group of girls drove by and yelled out "Put a shirt on you slut"

Moral of the story...girls hate girls. Drunk or not.
We're going to need pics.

You couldn't be more wrong. It is literally bred into bird dogs. I used to have chickens. Both of my labs killed chickens years apart (we owned them). My wife was pissed, both times. I had to explain that you can't erase 150+ years of breeding. Eventually the chickens figured out to stay clear of the dogs and eventually the dogs learned to stay clear of the chickens. But no way is a chicken killing bird dog indicative of anything more than instinct to hunt and/or retrieve.
I’ve been around bird dogs my whole life. It isn’t instinctual for a dog to kill 30 chickens. Granted there’s some component to it but it’s not normal behavior. There’s bad humans. Theres bad horses. There’s bad dogs. Most busy farmers and ranchers don’t have the time or patience to try to train a dog to not do insane crap. They’ll make more.

I’ve been around bird dogs my whole life. It isn’t instinctual for a dog to kill 30 chickens. Granted there’s some component to it but it’s not normal behavior. There’s bad humans. Theres bad horses. There’s bad dogs. Most busy farmers and ranchers don’t have the time or patience to try to train a dog to not do insane crap. They’ll make more.
Do you know a hunter who has ever shot a hunting dog in its prime? I could write you a list right now of hundreds of hunting dog owners. Not one has or will shoot their dog.

My lab would wipe a coop out right now. She lives to hunt. All day. Chipmunks. Song birds. Rabbits. She can't stop it. Chickens are slow and dumb. They catch one and the instinct magnifies.

I mistakenly thought she was trained well enough to go on an off-leash walk by the neighbors chicken when she was young. She caught a neighbors chicken but luckily her retrieving instinct kicked in and she brought it to me alive. Had she been alone for 5 minutes she would have done some serious damage to that flock. That was my fault. She shouldn't have been in that situation. I would come up with excuses or blame the dog. I also don't know anyone stupid enough to take it home and shoot it. Someone that does that can't control their emotions.

Do you know a hunter who has ever shot a hunting dog in its prime? I could write you a list right now of hundreds of hunting dog owners. Not one has or will shoot their dog.

My lab would wipe a coop out right now. She lives to hunt. All day. Chipmunks. Song birds. Rabbits. She can't stop it. Chickens are slow and dumb. They catch one and the instinct magnifies.

I mistakenly thought she was trained well enough to go on an off-leash walk by the neighbors chicken when she was young. She caught a neighbors chicken but luckily her retrieving instinct kicked in and she brought it to me alive. Had she been alone for 5 minutes she would have done some serious damage to that flock. That was my fault. She shouldn't have been in that situation. I would come up with excuses or blame the dog. I also don't know anyone stupid enough to take it home and shoot it. Someone that does that can't control their emotions.
Noem didn’t shoot a dog in its prime. She shot a knucklehead dog that no farmer would put up with. Back in those days there wasn’t an animal shelter in every city foisting misbehaving mutts on naive pet seekers. Is my renter’scrazy mutt instinctual when it charges me and nips me even though I’m at the farm on foot every day. It’s bitten multiple delivery drivers and if it’s in the house you would swear it’s coming through the glass if you go to the door. Don’t try to tell me you’re going to fix that psychotic sombitch

I had a young border collie one time that gave chase to some chickens. The more they scattered, the more he tried to corral them. One chicken lost an ass full of feathers. He wasn’t malicious, just exuberant. Turned out to be the best dog I ever had. Smart, social and trainable.

Last edited:

Careful,
I'm sure Dingle is friends with Cesar Millan the dog whisperer guy and will learn ya on this topic.

Noem didn’t shoot a dog in its prime. She shot a knucklehead dog that no farmer would put up with. Back in those days there wasn’t an animal shelter in every city foisting misbehaving mutts on naive pet seekers. Is my renter’scrazy mutt instinctual when it charges me and nips me even though I’m at the farm on foot every day. It’s bitten multiple delivery drivers and if it’s in the house you would swear it’s coming through the glass if you go to the door. Don’t try to tell me you’re going to fix that psychotic sombitch
The young dog had a bad day hunting - owner issue. The dog got out of the truck - owner issue. The fact that she hadn't shot it before in a calm situation leads to believe she got emotional and freaked out. You are deflecting. If your renter has an aggressive and mean dog that is on the owner and you for allowing it to live in the house you own.

If every hunting dog owner shot their dog after a bad day of hunting at a year and a half there would be very few hunting dogs left. These are immature, high energy breeds with a strong prey drive. Anybody that isn't a fool knows that and doesn't put them in bad situations. She sounds like a typical dipshit that takes a 9 month old dog out opening day and is screaming and whistling as they run amok and ruin the hunt. And then gets mad at the pup.

The young dog had a bad day hunting - owner issue. The dog got out of the truck - owner issue. The fact that she hadn't shot it before in a calm situation leads to believe she got emotional and freaked out. You are deflecting. If your renter has an aggressive and mean dog that is on the owner and you for allowing it to live in the house you own.

If every hunting dog owner shot their dog after a bad day of hunting at a year and a half there would be very few hunting dogs left. These are immature, high energy breeds with a strong prey drive. Anybody that isn't a fool knows that and doesn't put them in bad situations. She sounds like a typical dipshit that takes a 9 month old dog out opening day and is screaming and whistling as they run amok and ruin the hunt. And then gets mad at the pup.
The best hunting dog I ever owned ruined quite a few hunts her first couple of years.

The best hunting dog I ever owned ruined quite a few hunts her first couple of years.
Two options: hunt them young before they are ready and get them experience, while taking your lumps with a pup or wait until they are ready. People that think year old dogs should finished are the ones who shoot puppy's out of frustration.

Love labs. Got me a chocolate lab pup 2 years ago. Best dog I have ever had. Smart, very trainable. Still gets excited when new people come around. But that only last a few minutes. And when it's just the immediate family he is a very loving pup. Always aiming to please. Looking at getting him a little brother now that he is 2. It will be another lab

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are not very good at training your dog. When I got my first Rott, I had a neighbor down the street who bred Rotts and he came up to talk to me. He commanded his dog to sit at the corner a block and a half down and proceeded to come up and talk with me about my dog. Told me if I wanted any advice on how to train my dog he would be willing to help me. As we talked several people walked by his dog, some of them walking their own dogs, his dog never moved or even took his eyes off his owner. He didn’t move until his owner called him to come. Your point about it being in the dogs nature isn’t valid, it’s in a dogs nature to sniff other dogs and check them out, yet his dog never moved until he gave the command for him to come.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are not very good at training your dog. When I got my first Rott, I had a neighbor down the street who bred Rotts and he came up to talk to me. He commanded his dog to sit at the corner a block and a half down and proceeded to come up and talk with me about my dog. Told me if I wanted any advice on how to train my dog he would be willing to help me. As we talked several people walked by his dog, some of them walking their own dogs, his dog never moved or even took his eyes off his owner. He didn’t move until his owner called him to come. Your point about it being in the dogs nature isn’t valid, it’s in a dogs nature to sniff other dogs and check them out, yet his dog never moved until he gave the command for him to come.
This is really true! Not about the other poster being a bad trainer but I get what you are saying...

But dog training, real dog training, is an art a business.

Most people (myself included when I had a dog) are very casual dog trainers..."sit" and "lay down" but even that is usually not going to work outside of the house setting.

I am not sure if I personally know one dog owner that has their dog "trained". It is so much work and takes so much time. The example you gave is a dog that is trained.

LOL. You must know nothing about hunting dogs. It is their nature to hunt birds. Hundreds of years of selective breeding to produce dogs with the highest instincts. Expecting a young dog to ignore this instinct is insane. Like I said, if you have a young hunting dog who doesn't instinctually chase chickens, it probably has a low prey drive. And putting a young, energetic dog in the situation to kill chickens is the owners fault, not the dogs.

This is really true! Not about the other poster being a bad trainer but I get what you are saying...

But dog training, real dog training, is an art a business.

Most people (myself included when I had a dog) are very casual dog trainers..."sit" and "lay down" but even that is usually not going to work outside of the house setting.

I am not sure if I personally know one dog owner that has their dog "trained". It is so much work and takes so much time. The example you gave is a dog that is trained.
I get what you are saying but we are talking about hunting dogs. It would be like training a 9 month old cat to not chase mice on a farm. It's instinct. We never had to worry about my wife's dog killing chickens. It wasn't a hunting dog.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT