ADVERTISEMENT

I have a legit question. Does Satterfield know how to run the ball?

We pass block better than we run block.

Raiola is our most talented player. Hmmm, why do we pass? Yeah, it's super complicated.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
We can't run the ball, and its gotten worse without Marcuzza. Pass protection has been kind of good though. We moved the ball really well vs Purdue but I think they changed their defense to limit big plays so we'd have to kick more field goals.

I don’t get all the hate Satterfield gets about last year. He literally had his top WRs all get injured and had to use raw true freshman. Then had his top RBs get hurt. Then his QB (Simms) stunk. So he had to use a back up that struggled to pass.

He literally adapted the offense to his players midway through the season. Found ways to try to get playmakers the ball.

For this season, has he been spectacular? No. Has there been things that make you scratch your head, yes. But we are running a true freshman QB with a third string LT out there and are moving the ball, not turning it over and getting playmakers the ball.

Room to critique him, absolutely. Hate him? I don’t get. The offense has obviously improved since last year and there seems to be some legitimate depth being built.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I don’t get all the hate Satterfield gets about last year. He literally had his top WRs all get injured and had to use raw true freshman. Then had his top RBs get hurt. Then his QB (Simms) stunk. So he had to use a back up that struggled to pass.

He literally adapted the offense to his players midway through the season. Found ways to try to get playmakers the ball.

For this season, has he been spectacular? No. Has there been things that make you scratch your head, yes. But we are running a true freshman QB with a third string LT out there and are moving the ball, not turning it over and getting playmakers the ball.

Room to critique him, absolutely. Hate him? I don’t get. The offense has obviously improved since last year and there seems to be some legitimate depth being built.
I admire the job he did last year. Tom and Ron Brown taught him option football, and he installed it throughout the season. However, I am frustrated because in the pre-conference games, he did nothing to get the offense ready to run the ball. Running the ball is an attitude, and it can not be turned on and off like a light switch.

Points per game 18 -> 31 , total yards 313 -> 405 , time of possession 30:54 -> 31:24 are all up over last year. Turnovers lost are down from last year. 3 of 4 of those stats are significant improvements. Yards/rush attempt has dropped from 4.4 in 2023 to 4.3 in 2024.

Nebraska's biggest hurdle to running is the lack of blocking and that will probably not change this year. Almost assuredly the offensive stats for the rest of this year will diminish with tougher competition coming but nowhere near where they were last year. I am a fan of HH but if we would have had a qb that could pass last year with any consistancy the rushing numbers would have been down easily 25yd/game.

I don't really have an issue with the distribution of run/pass. My only thing would be we need to get under center when we are within 5 yards of the end zone and run the ball more. Also I would like to see them set it up better if we cannot kick field goals. Many times we play it like we have 3 downs instead of 4 when in scoring range. Incomplete passes at that point on 2nd and 5 just cause more issues when you have 3 more attempts to get 5 yards rushing the ball.

Just my opinions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT