ADVERTISEMENT

I feel alot better about the qb position after today

I think your quarterback looked ok but remember this was his first game. If he is the starter next year he will generate film each game which will give DC information on his strength and weaknesses. Also he was used in an offensive like AM was used . That offense puts a heavy load in the quarterback which has not worked too well with AM but Frost stayed with it with AM. You would think Frost will run the same offense with this new quarterback. Why will the results be any different?

I think your quarterback looked ok but remember this was his first game. If he is the starter next year he will generate film each game which will give DC information on his strength and weaknesses. Also he was used in an offensive like AM was used . That offense puts a heavy load in the quarterback which has not worked too well with AM but Frost stayed with it with AM. You would think Frost will run the same offense with this new quarterback. Why will the results be any different?

I agree, I now think we need to go to an offense that doesn't put a lot on the QB. Bring back the fullback, recruit big bruising running backs, mix in play-action passing. Just don't beat ourselves.

When I watch Iowa it seems like whenever Brian Ferentz puts too much on the QB, Kirk reels him in and says get back to the basics. NU has nothing like that. When the wheels start to come off the Husker offense, the whole sideline just pisses down its leg.

When I watch Iowa it seems like whenever Brian Ferentz puts too much on the QB, Kirk reels him in and says get back to the basics. NU has nothing like that. When the wheels start to come off the Husker offense, the whole sideline just pisses down its leg.
it seemed to me that Iowa threw the ball a lot in the first half when they were opening up big holes running the ball

I was not buying into Smothers lack of arm strength. I thought it was overblown. Go back and rewatch the game. The kid does not drive the ball. He floats it and receivers are waiting for it to land. He's not the future. It's Haarberg, portal or bust
This.

I want a QB that can throw and is athletic enough. Sick of QBs that don't have a prayer of ever playing in the league.

it really depends if frost has a brain or not.
so far his pass happy qb centric system has been a model of fail.
and I don't see him transferportaling or recruiting a brady or montana.
so will frost go back to a real running game like dr. tom's?
time will tell

Please, he fumbled twice, took a safety and threw a game losing pick. It was an AM2 stat line.
Yes, but his first game vs AMart in year 4. As long as Logan can improve then Nebraska will be in great shape the next few seasons.

I agree, I now think we need to go to an offense that doesn't put a lot on the QB. Bring back the fullback, recruit big bruising running backs, mix in play-action passing. Just don't beat ourselves.
You mean like Wisconsin and Iowa? Who was the last team that ran that system and won a NC or even made it into the playoffs?

I find it interesting that so many on here continually bash Wisconsin and Iowa for being boring and never winning anything but yet want to be like them.

Yes, but his first game vs AMart in year 4. As long as Logan can improve then Nebraska will be in great shape the next few seasons.
Yeah, I hope that’s the case, but this staff hasn’t shown any development of the QB position.

You mean like Wisconsin and Iowa? Who was the last team that ran that system and won a NC or even made it into the playoffs?

I find it interesting that so many on here continually bash Wisconsin and Iowa for being boring and never winning anything but yet want to be like them.
And they beat us year after year. I wish we were that boring.

I was not buying into Smothers lack of arm strength. I thought it was overblown. Go back and rewatch the game. The kid does not drive the ball. He floats it and receivers are waiting for it to land. He's not the future. It's Haarberg, portal or bust
I agree, He has a quicker release on his passes than AM and seems pretty accurate, He also has a high football IQ and seems to be a leader on the field. I really like him.

You don’t go from 1-8 to conference titles. Nebraska hasn’t played in a bowl game in half a decade and we still have people talking about national titles and playoffs, which we haven’t been relevant to in 20 years.

I find it interesting that so many on here continually bash Wisconsin and Iowa for being boring and never winning anything but yet want

Shooting for the NC are you. I certainly did not know that! You certainly deserve a lot of credit for keeping that under wraps!

Michigan State. Alabama in Saban's earlier seasons at Bama.

We don't have to replicate the WI and Iowa offense, but if we never have a running game that can be relied upon by the OL and RB, then the wins will never come.

I'd rather be like Wisconsin and Iowa, than the abomination I've seen the last 7 years. We need to get back to consistently winning the division first, before we even think about making the playoffs. We've spent most of the last 20 years chasing the latest new fad offense, instead of just focusing on the fundamentals and basics that built this program into a consistent winner in the first place.

The teams that usually make the playoffs are those that recruit Top 10 recruiting classes every year and have an abundance of talent at the skill positions. We are never going to be able to recruit at the level of Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, etc. So why do we think we'll ever be able to beat them by doing the same thing they do but with far less talent?

smothers was a lot more poised then I thought he would be.

it would be nice if we got baylor's coach in, to direct smothers

frost and martinez should go to florida, their system would probably work better there
What a miserable place RSS has become. A freshman first time starter leads his team to a 21-9 lead, runs for 70 yards and goes 16-22 for 200 yards and everyone critiques him like he should be Tom Brady. Oh, and he did all that with no help from his RBs who did nothing to open up the passing game.

He fumbles on a read play, which happens to QBs in offenses like this all the time. “Takes a safety” as if he had a choice on a terrible play call and fail by the OL, and throws an interception on a route the WR chose to break off. Sure, those are mistakes, but if we’re better around him, he did plenty to win this game.

I thought he played very well.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
What a miserable place RSS has become. A freshman first time starter leads his team to a 21-9 lead, runs for 70 yards and goes 16-22 for 200 yards and everyone critiques him like he should be Tom Brady. Oh, and he did all that with no help from his RBs who did nothing to open up the passing game.

He fumbles on a read play, which happens to QBs in offenses like this all the time. “Takes a safety” as if he had a choice on a terrible play call and fail by the OL, and throws an interception on a route the WR chose to break off. Sure, those are mistakes, but if we’re better around him, he did plenty to win this game.

I thought he played very well.
pretty much my thoughts. I think OL and special teams were a MUCH bigger problem yesterday. And no Domann and Daniels hurt too. So much of next year will depend on the new offensive and special teams staff and what they do.

Here’s a major distinction, Iowa can run the ball with a RB. Takes a ton of pressure off the QB. Nebraska’s running game has been the QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT