ADVERTISEMENT

I can barely stand watching oregon state

Redondo

Sophomore
Oct 7, 2012
de ja vu. riley must be consulting heavily, but I did notice at least 1 punt, but the os guy let it bounce on the 4 yard line, leading to a later fumble and td by oh st. What another crap storm good luck san antonio. What a waste of money they are making. Maybe they can cancel their contract, otherwise maybe they can cancel their season.

Reactions: bshirt73
I put it on Barry Alvarez. He recommended Eichorst who in turn hired Riley. F you Barry!!

42 points in the first half---I'd bet $5k alvarez suggested riley, also, ba is an egomaniac--proof--he runs out and changes coaches more often than underwear. Can you tell I can't stand either mr or ba?

Last edited:
Haven’t watched. Has Oregon State made them punt?

As long as he's permanently removed from the Nebraska sideline, I don't care who else inexplicably decides to employ Mike Riley. Bringing him up here will only bring out Riley's imaginary friends to tell us what a wonderful guy he is.

Everyone thinks because he's a former Husker we should trust him?? Lol, His loyalty is to Wisconsin. He tried to keep us down to help Wisconsin. No more Barry!!

His name has much more of an attachment to Wisconsin than it does to Nebraska so of course he’ll do whats in Wisconsins best interest. Alvarez has been the biggest name in Wisconsin football and that is what he’ll be remembered for.

As long as he's permanently removed from the Nebraska sideline, I don't care who else inexplicably decides to employ Mike Riley. Bringing him up here will only bring out Riley's imaginary friends to tell us what a wonderful guy he is.
Does that still happen? I think he has done enough to jade even the most ardent of his supporters... me included. I won’t badmouth (maybe I should) him, but I’m no longer defending him either.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Worst thing about the OSUs rain delay: getting to hear Mack drone on and on with his wrecked voice.

Does that still happen? I think he has done enough to jade even the most ardent of his supporters... me included. I won’t badmouth (maybe I should) him, but I’m no longer defending him either.
Not sure what's changed between when he left to now?

Everyone thinks because he's a former Husker we should trust him?? Lol, His loyalty is to Wisconsin. He tried to keep us down to help Wisconsin. No more Barry!!

9vm5rcu6hh11.gif

I put it on Barry Alvarez. He recommended Eichorst who in turn hired Riley. F you Barry!!
Why hate genius? If our AD is dumb enough to take advice from the AD of our division rival, and then follow that advice to the point where it informs his most important decision, against all logic, ..then well..you end up with one of the worst teams in the country. I hope Moos is telling Iowa to take a look at Kiffin.

Reactions: bshirt73
42 points in the first half---I'd bet $5k alvarez suggested riley, also, ba is an egomaniac--proof--he runs out and changes coaches more often than underwear. Can you tell I can't stand either mr or ba?

Alvarez told Eichorst to hire Riley. He's also the one who told Perlman to hire Eichorst. Eichorst worked under Alvarez back in the day and he was looking to get out of Miami to avoid dealing with NCAA sanctions.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Alvarez told Eichorst to hire Riley. He's also the one who told Perlman to hire Eichorst. Eichorst worked under Alvarez back in the day and he was looking to get out of Miami to avoid dealing with NCAA sanctions.
Perlman is another turd who had been dicking up our program for years. Good riddance to him as well. Finally have great leadership top to bottom.

What a crying shame that Eichorst walks with $1.7 million dollars and moves on to the next big university post. Not to mention Riley's grab. Humble taxpayers of Nebraska funding these incompetents.

Perlman is another turd who had been dicking up our program for years. Good riddance to him as well. Finally have great leadership top to bottom.
Yup. He's been the constant factor throughout our dark years.

What a crying shame that Eichorst walks with $1.7 million dollars and moves on to the next big university post. Not to mention Riley's grab. Humble taxpayers of Nebraska funding these incompetents.
Nebraska taxpayers aren't paying a dime.

Reactions: cubsker
Nebraska taxpayers aren't paying a dime.

If any of those donors footing the bill are Nebraska residents and paying taxes, then Nebraska taxpayers are paying more than a dime. Plus, if ANY money is being diverted or delayed from other projects to pay him when it would, otherwise be used, then, indirectly, Nebraska taxpayers are paying him. Money never comes out of or goes into a vacuum, (other than riley's bank account, so to speak). Any money paid to him could have gone to a different purpose, regardless where it came from.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedSea
If any of those donors footing the bill are Nebraska residents and paying taxes, then Nebraska taxpayers are paying more than a dime.
Sorry I'm not wrapping my head around this. Donor is a Nebraska resident, pays taxes and foots the bill to buyout coach. How are my tax dollars going to said-coach?

Plus, if ANY money is being diverted or delayed from other projects to pay him when it would, otherwise be used, then, indirectly, Nebraska taxpayers are paying him.
Only if those projects are being paid for by taxpayers.

Is money being diverted to payoff any of the previous regimes?

Projects being delayed have nothing to do with where money comes from.

de ja vu. riley must be consulting heavily, but I did notice at least 1 punt, but the os guy let it bounce on the 4 yard line, leading to a later fumble and td by oh st. What another crap storm good luck san antonio. What a waste of money they are making. Maybe they can cancel their contract, otherwise maybe they can cancel their season.
Another record day for an opponent of something Riley is involved with. BAU.

I look at it this way, if we had got a better coach when Riley came in we likely wouldn't have Frost here today. So hate him all you want, but his suckage got Frost back to Lincoln.

Hip hip hooray for that!

Sorry I'm not wrapping my head around this. Donor is a Nebraska resident, pays taxes and foots the bill to buyout coach. How are my tax dollars going to said-coach?

Only if those projects are being paid for by taxpayers.

Is money being diverted to payoff any of the previous regimes?

Projects being delayed have nothing to do with where money comes from.

Nebraska donors that live in the state are taxpayers. You are a taxpayer, but not the only taxpayer. If those donors are contributing money that is used by the university to pay off riley, then some Nebraska taxpayers are footing some of that bill to riley, just not all of them. If you had said tax money is not being used, you might have been more accurate, but I qualified that scenario and those funds by my other statements about diverting money from other projects.

And yes, if any money is being diverted from any other university projects or programs, or for the benefit of students, or the school, then the university has to make that money up from other funds to do those things--and very possibly from tax dollars .

Remember, the university is, obviously, owned and run by the state and the state, (thus the taxpayers of the state), own it. (It's like the government governs us because we give it permission to--i.e. the consent of the governed). There is no way the university pays for itself.

Even the athletic department subsidizes funds to the university for other programs outside the athletic department because it is part of, and owned by, the university, obviously, and not a separate entity in and of itself, like a corporation, for example.

So, if money is channeled by the athletic department to riley, then that leaves less money that is given by the athletic department back to the university for student needs. This can be made up in different ways, like increasing student tuition/fees, increasing ticket prices, diminishing student services, etc.

But regardless of how it is done, that money has to be made up in some way,eventually, by students and/or their parents, (the majority who are state taxpayers), donors, (some of which are taxpayers), or the university foundation, which, likewise is not a separate entity and is established for the benefit of the student body for improving their lives and environment, which could have to be supplemented, eventually, by tax money or by students.

So, if the money comes from anywhere associated with the university, then the taxpayers, (not necessarily all of them, but indirectly could be), who "own and operate" the university, are, technically subsidizing that money.

In a sense, it's loosely kind of like how the federal government can still control and manipulate private universities with title nine and other types laws. If there is any federal money, including grants, research subsidies, federally insured student loans, etc., going to that university, whatsoever, then they can threaten to cut off those funds to manipulate how that school operates, to a large extent.

Even though that money is not going to any athletic budgets, they figure all the money is sort of going to a common pot, and the feds will and do, to an extent, dictate how their athletic departments operate, to a certain extent. In other words, they figure all the money is inter-related.

That's what I am saying--all the money is inter-related and not in a vacuum or separate compartment, so to speak.

If the money is going to riley or any other regime, then, obviously, its not going to other, necessary (as determined by the regents, the foundation, other committees, etc.) things, thus the taxpayer may have to make that money up for those other things.

Last edited:
I look at it this way, if we had got a better coach when Riley came in we likely wouldn't have Frost here today. So hate him all you want, but his suckage got Frost back to Lincoln.

Hip hip hooray for that!

my sentiments as well, but I was kind of watching to see how loaded tosu is, but had too many reminders of last year. orst got a bunch of points in junk time, apparently

Hip hip hooray for that!

That was the only good I could come up with for riley. Guess I'll give him credit for a few of our current players too, but that's all I've got.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT