ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll say it.... I’m downhearted....

Spartan-too bad you are too old to have a governess. She could remind you about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, and brown paper packages tied up with strings....you know, all that stuff.

It is tough when reality smacks us straight in the face. But you aren't alone Sparty. We will get through it, Spring is right around the corner. With Spring and the sunshine it brings, a new hope begins.
Does it? I mean I’ve more or less moved on from Husker sports. Sure I still come here and read this board, but I no longer hold any beliefs that next year will be a huge step forward and we will contend for a division title in football, basketball, or...gasp...baseball. Baseball is the most inexcusable. We play in a pretty bad baseball conference and we still lose!

Does it? I mean I’ve more or less moved on from Husker sports. Sure I still come here and read this board, but I no longer hold any beliefs that next year will be a huge step forward and we will contend for a division title in football, basketball, or...gasp...baseball. Baseball is the most inexcusable. We play in a pretty bad baseball conference and we still lose!
I guess it doesn't for you but for Huskers fans, I would think Spring brings about some optimism for Husker sports. Doesn't sound like you're really much of a fan. I'm always optimistic but I'm also a realist. I'm not a sunshine pumper but I'm not going to be a hater either. If I get to that point and I don't enjoy the team, I will move on.

Not to mention the warm weather, fresh air and general ability to get outside and enjoy life a little more if you live in a cold weather winter region.

Spartan-too bad you are too old to have a governess. She could remind you about raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, and brown paper packages tied up with strings....you know, all that stuff.
Well, I have a wife who is constantly telling me things will get better, so there IS that!!😂

Believe Nebraska won the B1G in Baseball 3 years ago..

I thought it was groper joe and the San Francisco ho?
Retired California HP who is a friend of family and did security for Willie Brown says that they used to drive Willie in his limo to a set C-store and pick up Harris. Then they would drive around town until Willie was done with the business and they would drop her off in a disheveled state. That's where the "Heels Up Harris" nickname comes from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT