ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers roll into Bloomington as 6 point dogs

I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome. A shootout. Us losing by 14. NU coming out and dominating their oline like CU. I feel like the bye came at a perfect time for us. I wonder if they will benefit as much as we should. Our defense has played good, but we are still working out the kinks. No doubt an extra week of prep will help everyone settle in. Same for DR.

Reactions: scarletred
Indiana has:

1) better coach (probably)
2) more experienced QB

We have:

1) best defense they’ve played
2) best offense they’ve played

Unless a much improved Husker team comes out this weekend, i don’t have a good feeling about this one.
Colorado has a more experienced qb .. how’d that work out?

In fact, all our wins there other team has a more experienced qb

Anybody see/hear Indiana’s coach on the McAfee show today?
Just watched it … awesome. He was asked about traveling west - “got to the hotel around 8 on Friday had a meal and quick meeting and got up - kicked their ass and came home”. 🤣🤣👍👍🤣🤣

Odd flex about his house at the end. But other than that I’ve seen a couple of his interviews. Seems like a no-nonsense coach with a good old school sense of humor.

Just watched it … awesome. He was asked about traveling west - “got to the hotel around 8 on Friday had a meal and quick meeting and got up - kicked their ass and came home”. 🤣🤣👍👍🤣🤣

Odd flex about his house at the end. But other than that I’ve seen a couple of his interviews. Seems like a no-nonsense coach with a good old school sense of humor.
Flipping the roster immediately, tons of transfers, extremely self confident

He sounds to me like 63 year old white Deion

Surprised so many like him so much

Hope we cave his face in this weekend

I don’t know that I would compare to him Deion. As he said in the interview - half of his D and half of his O were transferring out as soon as it was announced. He made a comment that “they didn’t tell me that in the interview”. He didn’t meet with his whole team and tell them they weren’t good enough and he would be kicking them out. Big difference.

Definitely self confident as most coaches are at that level - I hope we humble him and the team on Saturday!

It also seems like the Illinois week for us. Their coach is on every channel possible and everyone is giving them an HJ (borderline ZJ) only for it to all come crashing down. I just hope we can jump on them early and then we actually decide to play a 2nd half.
Whats a ZJ?

I don’t know that I would compare to him Deion. As he said in the interview - half of his D and half of his O were transferring out as soon as it was announced. He made a comment that “they didn’t tell me that in the interview”. He didn’t meet with his whole team and tell them they weren’t good enough and he would be kicking them out. Big difference.

Definitely self confident as most coaches are at that level - I hope we humble him and the team on Saturday!
Yea I’m sure he’d have kept all the guys from their 3-win team

Lol

Texting the entire fanbase, “we hate x, we hate y” in his presser

“Google me, I win”

He’s 63 year old white Deion

He seems like the most boring coach of all time, coaching at the most boring program of all time. They will have a decent year, and then disappear into the oblivion again. Gotta have at least SOME riz to keep kids coming to your school. He has none, his program has less.

Maybe I missed it but a bit surprised that no one has mentioned that this is Indiana's first year under a completely new staff and system. Good coaches know how to prepare their teams for anything. Still, with us being in year two for the "team" we should be prepared for everything.

Maybe I missed it but a bit surprised that no one has mentioned that this is Indiana's first year under a completely new staff and system. Good coaches know how to prepare their teams for anything. Still, with us being in year two for the "team" we should be prepared for everything.
Been mentioned a lot and labeled as trolling

Sorry you’ll have to find a new slant

When the first year kind of sucks...it means the coach in "building"

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_

Lol

“Google me, I win”

Awesome 3 years younger than me..

Whats a ZJ?

tenor.gif

Lol

“Google me, I win”

I’m confident he wouldn’t have just told them all they sucked on day 1 and to start packing bags.

Last edited:
Man, lots of IU fans seem to think they will scoring in the 40's. They are pretty boosted, finally. For most of their fans this is probably the best season they have ever seen.

Seems like a complete douche to me.

Man, lots of IU fans seem to think they will scoring in the 40's. They are pretty boosted, finally. For most of their fans this is probably the best season they have ever seen.

They were pretty darn good in the COVID season. DeBoer was their OC and they beat ranked PSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin. This Indiana team is much more of a paper tiger.

He has that attitude(like Deion) that works when winning, but looks dumb as hell when things go south. Pelini had a bit of that.

It'll be interesting if his tone changes with failure.

Special teams is my most concern this week hoping we have made adjustments getting better snapping holding and making FG less than 40 yards away..
I never been a fire the assistant coach guy...but hell...have we made a feild goal this year?
millard south is a couple blocks from my house and they probably been kicking feild goals left right and center.
wth??????

it's not like I'm asking for a game wining 50 yard feild goal either..

If Nebraska were favored then it would be Indiana being disrespected. I’d say at this point it’s right that Indiana is favored, they haven’t lost and are at home.
to the untrained eye this may seem the case, it's a kick right in the shorts with no flag....no flag at all

They have not beaten a team with a winning record.

When the first year kind of sucks...it means the coach in "building"
Bottom line this coach hasn’t played anyone. It’s like someone playing a golf course that’s flat as hell in a podunk town and thinking their score translates to Whistling Straits. Or a dude that bangs 2’s every weekend and thinks he’s a stud when a drunk 5 wouldn’t look his way.

Indiana is going down.

Bottom line this coach hasn’t played anyone. It’s like someone playing a golf course that’s flat as hell in a podunk town and thinking their score translates to Whistling Straits. Or a dude that bangs 2’s every weekend and thinks he’s a stud when a drunk 5 wouldn’t look his way.

Indiana is going down.

Like a drunk 5.

Colorado has a more experienced qb .. how’d that work out?
pretty well since we have a clearly better coach.
In fact, all our wins there other team has a more experienced qb
and our loss was to the team that had us completely outmatched in coaching, hence why i included that first.

hence why i'm concerned Indiana is a problem. in fact, i'm much more worried about Indiana than USC, and USC's coach is undefeated against Rhule.

Cignetti's track record looks a lot like Kalen DeBoer, and i'm confident he's a 1 or 2 year rental before someone like Oklahoma or Auburn steals him away. He's a much better coach than Indiana deserves, and the team will play as such.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Been mentioned a lot and labeled as trolling

Sorry you’ll have to find a new slant
You will note by the way I wrote the post (or not) that I said others would mention it. I don’t read every post on this site and frankly have been sick the last week. I then went on to say that good coaches prepare for everything.

I don’t have a “slant” as you say. Whatever that is.

Nebraska Football Plan for Indiana: 3 yards rushing on first down. 3 yards rushing on second down. 3 yards rushing on third down. Two yards rushing on fourth down. This equals a first down. Repeat the same.

Indiana's defense is way over-rated, especially the front line. Linebackers are mediocre.

Cornhuskers need to own the line on the offense.

No field goals or punting...JUST GO FOR IT!!!!
This philosophy should actually be used WAY more and by MANY more teams!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT