ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers really should try to get WR Jordan Addison

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
This guy's highlights remind me of Maurice Washington on turbo mode. He catches everything. Insane production in Whipple's offense. He would already know the plays...

That would be a real NIL statement. Offense would look quite a bit more threatening to say the least.

I’m just putting in wishful prayer for O-lineman from Kentucky and Georgia and D-Lineman from Florida and Alabama..
Let’s keep opposing offenses off the field and our QB upright! Definitely think we have plenty of good targets to throw to! 😁

Addison is a heavy USC lean. It's a heavy bidding market for his services, one that we won't factor in, but will be interesting to watch.

My opinion personally is that NIL money spent on DL and OL will be a better current investment for Nebraska businesses if all they care about is improving the W/L record. Well that and the other $5 million a year problem we have.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Addison is a heavy USC lean. It's a heavy bidding market for his services, one that we won't factor in, but will be interesting to watch.

My opinion personally is that NIL money spent on DL and OL will be a better current investment for Nebraska businesses if all they care about is improving the W/L record. Well that and the other $5 million a year problem we have.
It depends on what the goal is for those having the NIL bucks to spend. In terms of making a difference to the W-L record I think you are correct that an investment in the DL/OL is most impactful at this time because that's where the team need is. However, if you're talking advertising/endorsement impact for a business then the top WR in the nation is always going to be more famous publicity wise than a good/solid DL/OL. Just the reality of the world.

Dont think he will want to play for the coach that made him an all American?? If anyone listened to Sipple yesterday he alluded to the fact that NU may have a few surprises in store and one could be a skill player....

Dont think he will want to play for the coach that made him an all American?? If anyone listened to Sipple yesterday he alluded to the fact that NU may have a few surprises in store and one could be a skill player....
Well I doubt we could offer a larger NIL deal than USC but on the other hand I think Whipple/Joseph would be very attractive as coaches that could further his NFL dreams. It all depends on what is most important to him. And no doubt the QB also would be important to his decision.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Well I doubt we could offer a larger NIL deal than USC but on the other hand I think Whipple/Joseph would be very attractive as coaches that could further his NFL dreams. It all depends on what is most important to him. And no doubt the QB also would be important to his decision.
Why would we not be able to match or best an NIL offer with SC?

Money is the great equalizer. Same color in dumpsville south central as everywhere else. There is a lot of it in Nebraska, and it’s (probably) quite a rush to be a part of stocking the roster.

If he wasn’t listening to others, he’d have signed by now.

Why would we not be able to match or best an NIL offer with SC?

Money is the great equalizer. Same color in dumpsville south central as everywhere else. There is a lot of it in Nebraska, and it’s (probably) quite a rush to be a part of stocking the roster.

If he wasn’t listening to others, he’d have signed by now.
Because USC has more rich alumni boosters. Just depends how motivated/involved they want to be with the football program. With Lincoln Riley onboard I think they're pretty motivated right now.

Because USC has more rich alumni boosters. Just depends how motivated/involved they want to be with the football program. With Lincoln Riley onboard I think they're pretty motivated right now.
Do you know this to be true or are you assuming because they’re in sh*thole LA?

I have no reason to think we can’t out-boost anyone in the country

Do you know this to be true or are you assuming because they’re in sh*thole LA?

I have no reason to think we can’t out-boost anyone in the country
You're welcome to a different opinion. But one general indicator of rich/influential alums is the size of school endowment funds. USC had $5.7 Billion as of June 30, 2019 and Nebraska had $1.7 Billion as of June 30, 2021. No it's not exactly apples to apples I know but it gives you a general idea of alumni financial contributions.

Last edited:
Reactions: meo1960
If you look at Jordan Addison's Twitter he deleted a tweet where quite a few of the responses contain Nebraska references including fans of other teams trying to denigrate the Huskers. This was within the past few days...

If you look at Jordan Addison's Twitter he deleted a tweet where quite a few of the responses contain Nebraska references including fans of other teams trying to denigrate the Huskers. This was within the past few days...

He's hardly going to agree with negative comments about Nebraska's offense when the new offensive coordinator is the coach who created the offense that led to all of his production at Pitt. Doesn't mean he's interested in coming to Nebraska but I'm sure he has a high regard for its new offensive coordinator.

He's hardly going to agree with negative comments about Nebraska's offense when the new offensive coordinator is the coach who created the offense that led to all of his production at Pitt. Doesn't mean he's interested in coming to Nebraska but I'm sure he has a high regard for its new offensive coordinator.

The interesting part is that he's not responding to comments about Nebraska. It appears that he posted ABOUT Nebraska and then deleted it for some reason. That's why all the Nebraska-bashing came out.

Reactions: king_kong_
The interesting part is that he's not responding to comments about Nebraska. It appears that he posted ABOUT Nebraska and then deleted it for some reason. That's why all the Nebraska-bashing came out.
would be the coup of the century if they pulled it off

CT ---> Addison about 100x this season would be a glorious sight to behold

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT