ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Wrestling vs Northern Iowa

Husker Hank

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
125 Alex Thompsen was looking great, and was up 8-1 with almost 2 minutes of riding time after the 1st, and then in a scramble early in the 2nd, gets locked up in a near cradle, and instead of bailing, tries to fight it off, and gets taken to his back and pinned....... 0-6 Panthers

133 Huskers pull the redshirt of Ridge Levitt.... Levitt with a quick take down and led 2-0 after 1st. The rest of the match, he pretty much got horsed around, giving up backs at one point, and lost 8-2....0-9 UNI

141 Chad Red, comes out with bad intentions, catches Blockhus in a cement mixer and certainly looked to have the pin, but didn't get the call. Red stayed aggressive, with a series of tilts, one a 4nf with a tilt on a mat return. Then another couple tilts, getting a Tech Fall 18-0 in 2:09 NU 5- UNI 9

149 In maybe the most closely contested match of the dual Purington and Max Thompsen traded takedowns and reversals,etc., and ended up tied after 3 periods. Purrington got a takedown in OT for a 9-7 SV win NU 8 - UNI 9

157 Peyton Robb took Geerts to his back with a body lock, and got the fall in 1:47 NU 14 - UNI 9

165 Isaiah White won a workmanlike match with multiple takedowns to get a 13 - 5 Major Decision over Yant NU 18 - UNI 9

174 #4 Mikey Labriola loses a hard fought match, where the wrestlers traded escapes, and then a locked hands violation against Mikey in the 3rd gave Steiert. Steiert was ranked #5 before the match and will move up. The UNI wrestler is a short, muscular wrestler who is hard to score on. I hope the two wrestlers meet up at Kliff Keen Vegas next week, because I think it will be a different outcome. NU 18 - UNI 12

184 Dont know what to think of this match, #4 Taylor Venz looked like crap from start to finish, againt Lujan, who moved up this year from 174. Venz got majored 14-6, and I'm not sure it was that close. I hope Manning says he has been sick all week, and had it 'coming out of both ends', because that is how he wrestled. NU 18 - UNI 15

197 Eric Shultz got a Tech fall against Glaser, an undersized back up, who was wrestling for the injured starter, by a score of 23 - 8 NU 23 - UNI 15

HWT Jensen got outclassed by a smaller, pretty average, but very athletic Isley,...giving up 3 takedowns to lose 6-2 I am just done watching him, lets turn the page.........Huskers win the dual 23 - 18

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.