ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Wrestling BIG Pre seeds

Thanks for the update. Really rooting for Pinto this year as he is very exciting to watch. Lots of action especially at 184 when it seems the upper weight classes tend to lock up and have low scoring matches. Van Dee is a happy surprise this year. Lovett should be right in the mix as B1G and NCAA champion. Taylor can wrestle with anyone, but can he get over the hump and perhaps get an upset or two? Hardy and Robb are the ones that likely determine where we finish as a team. Thought they underperformed a bit this year, or maybe I had a lot higher expectations this year after last season. If they get it going, I think we have a decent chance at pushing PSU for the team title.

Thanks for posting! Solid squad with a couple of question marks, but poised to perform and maybe get to #2 behind Penn State

Does anyone have a link to the brackets?

Polar Bear wrestles Hill from Iowa first round

BTW Big allocation per Wt class for Nationals

Big Ten Conference97119910887785

Thanks Flo will release them as well but i know they already have them available

Smith, Van Dee, and Robb have all won by tech fall. Robb won by fall. Lovett got a first round bye. Taylor wins by decision. Wilson lost by major decision for the only Husker loss so far through 174. Pinto also has a bye at 184. Allred wins by tech fall at 197. Polar Bear loses by decision (but wrestled a very good match). Entering quarterfinals right now.

Last edited:
Robb loses, but Taylor, Pinto, and Allred win in quarters to keep Huskers in the team race.

Thought Pinto was going to throw hands a couple time during his match. The IU wrestler was being a d*ck.

any word on Pinto's knee?

Haven’t seen anything. Watching it live Pinto seemed a little tentative to finish the 2nd period but never noticed anything the entire 3rd period.

PSU moved 9 of 10 wrestlers into the semifinals tonight. The only one who didn’t was Starocci, who is defending NCAA champion. He had a knee injury in late February and had 2 medical forfeits today. He should receive an at-large invitation.

Huskers are battling back in consolations (checked in after needing to do some personal stuff). Lovett made finals. Need Taylor, Pinto, and Allred to come through as well.

71XkmUvLb6L.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerHackFraud
Mark Manning has done an incredible job building this team and maintaining their high level of success! NCAA D-1 Coach of the Year in my opinion.
Well we definitely prove we're b1g worthy. Traditionally the best wrestling conference and we've made it stronger

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT