ADVERTISEMENT

28 days till Husker football!!

Pretty sure he gained weight on his own, by his own admission. I remember reading that he knew he was the starter coming into his sophomore season and didn’t work as hard as a result. Maybe frost and co. wanted to bulk him up, but he didn’t do anything to sculpt it it sounded like.
This is exactly how I'm remembering it too.

Pretty sure he gained weight on his own, by his own admission. I remember reading that he knew he was the starter coming into his sophomore season and didn’t work as hard as a result. Maybe frost and co. wanted to bulk him up, but he didn’t do anything to sculpt it it sounded like.
I thought he gained weight because 🤣

mark wahlberg munchies GIF

Amazing how things change once you have a real QB on the roster!
Yes! This 1000%. QB is the most important position on the team. And last year we did not have a real P5 QB on the roster. I don’t care what Kong says. HH is not a QB. But with our two new Freshman quarterbacks I have renewed optimism for our season.

Red flag! TC should be nowhere near a tackle position
He’s improved immensely and we need 2 guys ready to play there. People forget that our left tackle in our conference OFTEN ends up trying to block guys who are going to wreak havoc in the NFL too. I trust Don to put the best we have out there and I really like who he has recruited.

Yes! This 1000%. QB is the most important position on the team. And last year we did not have a real P5 QB on the roster. I don’t care what Kong says. HH is not a QB. But with our two new Freshman quarterbacks I have renewed optimism for our season.
I have no doubt that if called on, Haarberg would be better than last year but he’s not a drop back passer. I like the different threat that Haarberg’s legs bring but Raiola’s arm should help open up the run game for our backs.

There was talk some years ago of discontinuing the hard copy version, but I'm not sure. I can't find a link for an online '24 version.

Here is this year's version.

Reactions: SickOfPractice
I have no doubt that if called on, Haarberg would be better than last year but he’s not a drop back passer. I like the different threat that Haarberg’s legs bring but Raiola’s arm should help open up the run game for our backs.
HH is not a running threat unless there are wide open lanes to run through. He has decent straight line speed but he is not agile, goes down easily, and fumbles often. His so called abilities as a runner are greatly exaggerated.

HH is not a running threat unless there are wide open lanes to run through. He has decent straight line speed but he is not agile, goes down easily, and fumbles often. His so called abilities as a runner are greatly exaggerated.
I agree that he is not the most elusive but he has much better than decent straight line speed.

Winningest Husker QB since Tommy Armstrong

That fact is not exaggerated one bit, no matter how much anyone dislikes it

There’s a reason he’s still here and started the spring game

Reactions: huntered
Winningest Husker QB since Tommy Armstrong

That fact is not exaggerated one bit, no matter how much anyone dislikes it

There’s a reason he’s still here and started the spring game
The reason he is still here and started the Spring game is because he is surrounded by true Freshmen. He is our only real "veteran" QB. And he did not "win" games for us. He just happened to be our QB in games we won. And those games were won by our defense and in spite of the worst offense at NU since around 1968. And a huge reason why our offense blew chunks last year was because we had no real QB. Yes, we had a lot of injuries too, but that does not change the fact that HH benefited from a really good defense. We won close scoring games in defensive contests. And I stand by my claim that HH is a vastly overrated runner. Oh... and he can't pass worth a shit either. Unless, it is to the other team.

Reactions: RedMyMind
The reason he is still here and started the Spring game is because he is surrounded by true Freshmen. He is our only real "veteran" QB. And he did not "win" games for us. He just happened to be our QB in games we won. And those games were won by our defense and in spite of the worst offense at NU since around 1968. And a huge reason why our offense blew chunks last year was because we had no real QB. Yes, we had a lot of injuries too, but that does not change the fact that HH benefited from a really good defense. We won close scoring games in defensive contests. And I stand by my claim that HH is a vastly overrated runner. Oh... and he can't pass worth a shit either. Unless, it is to the other team.
Cope however you like

Haarberg was one of very few - coaching staff included - who answered the bell last year and actually made winning plays

he's a worse version of T-Magic
The grief this kid gets is crazy. Tough player, made plays after getting few to no practice reps with prior coaching staff.

Not even Kong thinks he’s the QB of the future - but the hate this kid gets is odd to me?

Dude gutted it out for us and I have no doubt he will be better than last year in all aspects of his game and would be surprised and disappointed if Satt didn’t have some packages where we can bring HH in for some RPO plays. He will hit some big runs and big bombs for us next year! GBR!

The grief this kid gets is crazy. Tough player, made plays after getting few to no practice reps with prior coaching staff.

Not even Kong thinks he’s the QB of the future - but the hate this kid gets is odd to me?

Dude gutted it out for us and I have no doubt he will be better than last year in all aspects of his game and would be surprised and disappointed if Satt didn’t have some packages where we can bring HH in for some RPO plays. He will hit some big runs and big bombs for us next year! GBR!
I don't think it's hate. It's mostly push back against Kong by stating the fact that even though HH helped us win games vs bad competition, he still wasn't a very good QB.

HH also wasn't very good against 2 bad teams in Michigan St and Maryland, but that seems to be forgotten by HH enthusiasts.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Our team has been so devoid of talent for so many years that our perspective is skewed. HH is a qb we would love to play defense against. Glad he stuck around as a somewhat experienced backup, but it will take a very short amount of time for people to see what we have been missing for years when DR starts taking snaps.

Cope however you like

Haarberg was one of very few - coaching staff included - who answered the bell last year and actually made winning plays
Bullshit. One of the very few that answered the bell? There were a lot of warriors on that team last year and most were on defense. If HH had played on a team with a Riley or Frost defense he would have lost every game. Your answer continues to dodge the obvious. We won 5 games last year on the backs of our defense and in spite of our offense. HH, for example, did his best in the first quarter of the Northwestern game to hand them a win with two absurd interceptions, the first one of which was caused by him throwing three yards behind the receiver on a crossing route. Thank God our defense limited them to 3 points from those turnovers. HH damn near cost us that game and had that been a 2022 level defense we would have lost. HH is a mediocre to a lousy QB. Period. And anyone with two eyes and a brain can see that. Opposing defensive coaches must have been salivating watching film on the guy making one mistake after another.

And I am not buying the usual pre season propaganda coming out that HH is "much improved" this year in his mechanics. That makes me laugh. We heard that same drivel every year with regard to Crouch and TMart. Not true. I bet HH still throws the ball like he is pitching side armed in his back yard to his dog.

Bullshit. One of the very few that answered the bell? There were a lot of warriors on that team last year and most were on defense. If HH had played on a team with a Riley or Frost defense he would have lost every game. Your answer continues to dodge the obvious. We won 5 games last year on the backs of our defense and in spite of our offense. HH, for example, did his best in the first quarter of the Northwestern game to hand them a win with two absurd interceptions, the first one of which was caused by him throwing three yards behind the receiver on a crossing route. Thank God our defense limited them to 3 points from those turnovers. HH damn near cost us that game and had that been a 2022 level defense we would have lost. HH is a mediocre to a lousy QB. Period. And anyone with two eyes and a brain can see that. Opposing defensive coaches must have been salivating watching film on the guy making one mistake after another.

And I am not buying the usual pre season propaganda coming out that HH is "much improved" this year in his mechanics. That makes me laugh. We heard that same drivel every year with regard to Crouch and TMart. Not true. I bet HH still throws the ball like he is pitching side armed in his back yard to his dog.
Lots of hypotheticals in here. Lots of “ifs”. Lots of feelings.

Seeing the “greatest fans in college football” constantly shit on the exact kind of tough nosed, team-first, homegrown kid we need to turn the losing culture around in Lincoln will always make me laugh

Don’t forget your prune juice, bud.

GBR

I think you’re being too critical of his ability. I’m glad we have him.

Reactions: king_kong_

I’m not as worried about his mechanics as some. My expectation is that IF he plays, he’ll make better decisions and take better care of the ball. That’s logical given him having the experience in the offense he gained last year. Iowa has won a lot of games starting QBs that weren’t any better than Haarberg.

Reactions: king_kong_
JFC. Rhule is a genius. So many coaches made this way too hard. You think it makes it a little easier to recruit Pacific Islanders (or really any kid) when you have this lady working in the recruiting office? Oh, and her dad happens to be a pro bowler.
Never seen him bowl.

Perhaps he had non-stop munchies.

HH also wasn't very good against 2 bad teams in Michigan St and Maryland, but that seems to be forgotten by HH enthusiasts.
Not me.

I said at the time he played like shit against Sparty. Satt abandoning our identity didn’t help, but still, he played like shit.

Against Maryland he played 2 series.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT