ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Fans stayed till the very end.

Did anyone else notice how quiet the concourse was after the game. No one was talking. I have never experienced a post game like that. A friend on Facebook who noticed it as well said not only are players and coaches defeated but the fans finally are too.

How many are going to stick around when MSU is rolling us by 40 points by the 3rd quarter?

Did anyone else notice how quiet the concourse was after the game. No one was talking. I have never experienced a post game like that. A friend on Facebook who noticed it as well said not only are players and coaches defeated but the fans finally are too.
Yes, we noticed it. It was really weird, very different environment from even a few games ago. I think apathy has completely taken over the fan base. Never witnessed a loss affect the entire stadium like that, just so quiet. Didn't hear a single criticism or discussion of the game after it ended.

Something has to change next year or the streak will be in jeopardy. If that streak ends, Eichorst can say goodbye.

Yes, we noticed it. It was really weird, very different environment from even a few games ago. I think apathy has completely taken over the fan base. Never witnessed a loss affect the entire stadium like that, just so quiet. Didn't hear a single criticism or discussion of the game after it ended.

Something has to change next year or the streak will be in jeopardy. If that streak ends, Eichorst can say goodbye.

I didn't see it as apathy. I saw it as a realisation of what Bo has done to the program. You can't get upset or boo something out of your control. Riley is in one of the worst spots imaginable and i think the fans know that. The players are young and incredibly impressionable and this isn't their fault. I honestly don't think anyone is throwing games but they can't forget their indoctrination. And that's exactly what it was. If Riley would of Kicked Lewis of the team we would of had a complete meltdown on the team. He tried to soft play it to built trust and it backfired too. There was literally nothing he can do to short of benching 20-30 players and going from there. And then what would the groups that have the long knives out for Riley have said??? Take your pick... and that benching just still might happen. Stand strong Husker Nation.

Reactions: theoriginalrealdeal
I didn't see it as apathy. I saw it as a realisation of what Bo has done to the program. You can't get upset or boo something out of your control. Riley is in one of the worst spots imaginable and i think the fans know that. The players are young and incredibly impressionable and this isn't their fault. I honestly don't think anyone is throwing games but they can't forget their indoctrination. And that's exactly what it was. If Riley would of Kicked Lewis of the team we would of had a complete meltdown on the team. He tried to soft play it to built trust and it backfired too. There was literally nothing he can do to short of benching 20-30 players and going from there. And then what would the groups that have the long knives out for Riley have said??? Take your pick... and that benching just still might happen. Stand strong Husker Nation.
That could be, it was so bizarre either way. I feel for Riley, I really do. I know his spot sucks, and I try to look past some of the stupid coaching decisions he or his assistants can control (e.g., playcalling, substitutions, etc.). It's gonna be a while before he can get rid of the attitude in the locker room. I don't envy his position.

Do you see a lot of transfers after this season? Some of the players that refuse to buy into the new system? I think that'd be ideal, because football players are people and people can refuse to change.

That could be, it was so bizarre either way. I feel for Riley, I really do. I know his spot sucks, and I try to look past some of the stupid coaching decisions he or his assistants can control (e.g., playcalling, substitutions, etc.). It's gonna be a while before he can get rid of the attitude in the locker room. I don't envy his position.

Do you see a lot of transfers after this season? Some of the players that refuse to buy into the new system? I think that'd be ideal, because football players are people and people can refuse to change.

I wish the players could find some closure and move on. But with how Bo ran the program i don't think that is possible. I think because of what we saw people need to transfer. It won't be any better next year if the players stay IMO. Maybe that could change but as of this second i highly doubt it.

Reactions: theoriginalrealdeal
puff puff, give, red rover, puff puff give.
No kidding. This has to be red rover:

tumblr_m1vwb9IxON1qa0gpno1_500.gif

Always has an excuse as to why this team in underperforming and it is usually Pelini's fault. It is ridiculous and couldn't be further than the truth. RED ROVER should read this slowly so he can comprehend the facts: This staff is the reason this team is 3-5, not the last staff.

This staff can turn this around--they have time and they have a lot of underclassman that are only going to get better. I know it doesn't fit Red Rover's agenda, but it is okay to say that this staff is not doing a good job right now. They are not going to be fired this year. With a good recruiting class and influx of young talent-the team should be better next year. The staff will also have a year of experience in this conference against these coaches-so they should be better too.

Time to stop with all the bs about Bo being the reason this team is losing. If this team is playing players that are not giving 100% because they are loyal to Bo and they want this staff to fail-you kick them off the team, it doesn't matter how good they are..I doubt this is the case anyway, just the latest greatest excuse.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
No kidding. This has to be red rover:

tumblr_m1vwb9IxON1qa0gpno1_500.gif

Always has an excuse as to why this team in underperforming and it is usually Pelini's fault. It is ridiculous and couldn't be further than the truth. RED ROVER should read this slowly so he can comprehend the facts: This staff is the reason this team is 3-5, not the last staff.

This staff can turn this around--they have time and they have a lot of underclassman that are only going to get better. I know it doesn't fit Red Rover's agenda, but it is okay to say that this staff is not doing a good job right now. They are not going to be fired this year. With a good recruiting class and influx of young talent-the team should be better next year. The staff will also have a year of experience in this conference against these coaches-so they should be better too.

Time to stop with all the bs about Bo being the reason this team is losing. If this team is playing players that are not giving 100% because they are loyal to Bo and they want this staff to fail-you kick them off the team, it doesn't matter how good they are..I doubt this is the case anyway, just the latest greatest excuse.

I make no apologies about being a die hard Husker boy through and through. If your not here to stand up for the program then GTFO. Bo isn't coming back... Scott isn't going to be the head coach... Joe isn't going to be the head coach either. Mike Riley is and support him.

Reactions: AdaminLincoln
I make no apologies about being a die hard Husker boy through and through. If your not here to stand up for the program then GTFO. Bo isn't coming back... Scott isn't going to be the head coach... Joe isn't going to be the head coach either. Mike Riley is and support him.

There is nothing wrong with being a die hard husker fan. Most seem to have a firm grasp on reality though. You make excuse after excuse after excuse.

I agree Riley is going to be here...Bo isn't coming back-good riddance--will you please stop blaming him for how this football team is playing? No one wants to see Riley fail-because no one wants to see the Huskers lose.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
There is nothing wrong with being a die hard husker fan. Most seem to have a firm grasp on reality though. You make excuse after excuse after excuse.

I agree Riley is going to be here...Bo isn't coming back-good riddance--will you please stop blaming him for how this football team is playing? No one wants to see Riley fail-because no one wants to see the Huskers lose.
Truer words...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT