ADVERTISEMENT

Husker bats brought it tonight

UNO beats NU in Lincoln tonight. The talk of Miles contract should probably shift to Erstad who is probably the weakest link of the athletic department. That’s okay, he will just mention Tom Osborne’s name a few times and all will be well.

Yea it is quite an accomplishment to be the third best baseball team in state. At least I think we are third best.

Why is it that both Erstad and Miles find a way to get their teams to perform when they are on their last leg, but manage to suck balls the rest of their seasons?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
UNO beats NU in Lincoln tonight. The talk of Miles contract should probably shift to Erstad who is probably the weakest link of the athletic department. That’s okay, he will just mention Tom Osborne’s name a few times and all will be well.

IMO that hiring decision is the biggest black mark of TO's tenure as AD. Hire a popular legacy with essentially no coaching experience when NU baseball was still a decent brand nationwide. I'm really hoping that Erstad is proud enough to admit this just isn't his gig and resigns, but I don't see it.

Currently sitting at 11th in the Big Ten standings, the Huskers need to do a lot of work just to get in to the Big Ten Tournament. On top of that, the tourney this year is in Omaha.

IMO that hiring decision is the biggest black mark of TO's tenure as AD. Hire a popular legacy with essentially no coaching experience when NU baseball was still a decent brand nationwide. I'm really hoping that Erstad is proud enough to admit this just isn't his gig and resigns, but I don't see it.

While this is true, he also has the first Men’s B1G championship in the 3 major sports..

( I don’t consider Indoor or outdoor track as major)

I'm never to concerned about a midweek loss to a UNO type team. It happens to all programs. The terrible start in conference play is a much bigger issue.

I'm never to concerned about a midweek loss to a UNO type team. It happens to all programs. The terrible start in conference play is a much bigger issue.
Good teams lose midweek UNO type games because they can "afford to". They win the big games and use some midweek games to develop young players by giving them playing time. I remember on year Baylor had a CWS team that lost quite a few midweek games for the same reason. A team like Nebraska this year can't afford to lose these games.

Good teams lose midweek UNO type games because they can "afford to". They win the big games and use some midweek games to develop young players by giving them playing time. I remember on year Baylor had a CWS team that lost quite a few midweek games for the same reason. A team like Nebraska this year can't afford to lose these games.
If they sweep this weekend because they saved their good bullpen pitchers by not using them last night, then I disagree. But I'm not banking on it.

Lost to Rutgers now??? WTF ERSTAD?!!!

If we don't make the B1G tourney with it being in Omaha, this staff needs to be swept out the door! Period!

Reactions: saluno22

If we don't make the B1G tourney with it being in Omaha, this staff needs to be swept out the door! Period!
It really doesn’t matter as to where the tournament is held. If you can’t finish top 8 in Big Ten baseball Erstads ass should be red hot going into next year. But yes, it will be even more embarrassing when he finishes near the bottom in this conference and we don’t get to play in our backyard. Easily the worst baseball team we have had in the past 20 years and it may not get much better with who we lose after his year. Our only hope is that Erstad realizes his college thing is not for him.

Last edited:

The Tournament is staying in Omaha for a while....

We should be in every year (8 teams) with the facility’s we have and arguably the best weather compared to the other Big 10 schools.

We have Scott and Jessie. That's it. The only way the NU makes it to Omaha is if they hitchhike or walk and then they would only be able to watch the games.

If they sweep this weekend because they saved their good bullpen pitchers by not using them last night, then I disagree. But I'm not banking on it.
Well, looks like we don't have to worry about that sweep. :D

I looked at some pictures of your stadium when I read a post above. It is unbelievable. All we have is a field with some metal bleachers for about 1500 people. They’re usually aren’t even any concessions. We aren’t looking for miracles over here, but I would love to have a fraction of what you have over there for baseball.

I looked at some pictures of your stadium when I read a post above. It is unbelievable. All we have is a field with some metal bleachers for about 1500 people. They’re usually aren’t even any concessions. We aren’t looking for miracles over here, but I would love to have a fraction of what you have over there for baseball.
That's what Nebraska had 20 years ago when Dave Van Horn was hired. He was a tough SOB who didn't believe in excuses, and he built a winning program despite the horrible facilities. That's what makes the current state of the program even harder to stomach.

That's what Nebraska had 20 years ago when Dave Van Horn was hired. He was a tough SOB who didn't believe in excuses, and he built a winning program despite the horrible facilities. That's what makes the current state of the program even harder to stomach.
What is hard to stomach for us is that the university had a chance to have an arrangement with a minor-league team which would have resulted in a better stadium and opted not to pursue it.

We did finally get an enclosure for infield and batting practice in the off-season for the first time this year. This most likely plays a part in the teams having about 40% fewer errors than at this time last year.

But I can’t see us getting where we need to be without a stadium. I don’t think what your former coach did can be done now because recruits have so many programs with good facilities to choose from. Half of the local kids go to play in big stadiums in the south and the rest are split among us and a number of other D1 programs in the metropolitan area. Only two or so from out of New Jersey are on the team at any given time. We need what you have in order to change this and compete.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT