ADVERTISEMENT

Husker bats brought it tonight

Nebraska baseball is just a sport to bide our time for the start of the volleyball season. Winking

MNOUVKOYFSIWHGW.20171217054430.JPG

DE was just a knee jerk reaction by TO to hire and get by cheap. Time to clean house let DE go to the pro as bench coach get a good quality coach

Husker offense is currently 165th in batting average, 106th in runs per game, 263rd in stolen bases per game, 211th in slugging %, 116th in sac bunts and 182nd in home runs per game. We don't play big ball, we don't play small ball. I really don't know what our offensive philosophy is.

Our pitchers are 141st in ERA and our defense is tied for 135th in fielding %.

So, we can't hit, we can't pitch and we can't field. Other than that, we are pretty good. Laughing

Husker offense is currently 165th in batting average, 106th in runs per game, 263rd in stolen bases per game, 211th in slugging %, 116th in sac bunts and 182nd in home runs per game. We don't play big ball, we don't play small ball. I really don't know what our offensive philosophy is.

So, we can't hit, we can't pitch and we can't field. Other than that, we are pretty good. Laughing

Those numbers are pathetic. I thought we had some stud guru pitching coach. I miss the days when we had at least one player pushing 15-20 HRs every year. Erstad baseball is boring. I supported Erstad for the most part until I turned on the Cal Poly game earlier this year with Nebraska up four. Final score was 14-8 Cal Poly. There is too much potential for a special baseball team down in Lincoln with all the fan support and facilities to keep putting this kind of rubbish on the field. Getting sick of two and bbq's in the post season tournaments as well.

Kinda like your roof that has a big hole in it, where as it won't leak if it doesn't rain

Could it be that the coaches have lost the players?

Eh - tying and go-ahead runs aboard in the 9th, but couldn't cash them in. Not a good road trip to East Lansing.

I believe Erstdad was a pretty good hockey player. As long as he is on the payroll I would rather us drop the baseball program and give hockey a shot. We were a few degrees away from being swept by a team ten games under .500.

Pretty sure something needs to change. It appears the problems are starting at the top right now!

Didn't get to watch or listen to the game with K-State. But if the Huskers are only going to win from time to time, it's good to do it against a d-bag like Brad Hill.

Game Recap

Didn't get to watch or listen to the game with K-State. But if the Huskers are only going to win from time to time, it's good to do it against a d-bag like Brad Hill.

Game Recap
Erstad benched a couple of starters who haven't produced offensively and pulled a redshirt or two on kids who are coming off of injuries. Those couple of kids were in part responsible for our first 2 runs of the game. Our pitching injuries are killing us BUT our poor fielding and irresponsible care of the baseball in the infield are making our pitchers look even worse than they are.

Reactions: saluno22
Erstad benched a couple of starters who haven't produced offensively and pulled a redshirt or two on kids who are coming off of injuries. Those couple of kids were in part responsible for our first 2 runs of the game. Our pitching injuries are killing us BUT our poor fielding and irresponsible care of the baseball in the infield are making our pitchers look even worse than they are.
Pitching aside(that’s horrible) we rank #160 avg #167 slg #211 in stolen bases. Pitching injuries haven’t killed us. Erstads inability to get it done on the recruiting trail takes precedent over everything else.

I get tired of the injury excuse every year. Every team goes through it. Maybe there is a reason we have such bad luck with injuries. Maybe the way the coaches coach is a reason? Can we go back to the days where a pitcher had to run a mile for every walk they issued?

Can we go back to the days where a pitcher had to run a mile for every walk they issued?
Probably wouldn't help much with some pitchers unfortunately (Hohensee notwithstanding <knock on wood>)...
Matt Waldron: 3.94 ERA, .365 OBA, 32.0 IP, 3 BB
Nate Fisher: 5.74 ERA, .366 OBA, 31.1 IP, 8 BB
Jake Hohensee: 0.73 ERA, .136 OBA, 12.1 IP, 2 BB

Maybe it would help these guy...
Mitch Steinhoff: 5.06 ERA, .250 OBA, 5.1 IP, 9 BB
Keegan Watson: 11.81 ERA, .364 OBA, 5.1 IP, 8 BB
Byron Hood: 12.91 ERA, .382 OBA, 7.2 IP, 12 BB
Reece Eddins: 40.50 ERA, .500 OBA, 0.2 IP, 3 BB

The thing that sucks is that this crap has overshadowed a pretty damn good season for Schreiber so far. Not sure why anyone would pitch to Schreiber with what he has around him right now.

Reactions: saluno22
The thing that sucks is that this crap has overshadowed a pretty damn good season for Schreiber so far. Not sure why anyone would pitch to Schreiber with what he has around him right now.
Have they 100% decided on a 2 game series ending today?

I'm not sure this team can suck any worse. How do you go from winning the league last year to this crap?

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT