ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Arcade Cabinet

Doyle_Kenady

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2017
To break up some of the "SF came after my family" style posts (ha)...

I thought I would share a project I finally finished up over the pandemic.

I built an arcade cabinet for the kids (sure, the kids) that I could play all the old arcade and console games on but also obviously play Golden Tee and some other bar games for adults. It has roughly 13k games on it.

Of course, I had to go a bit nuts with it in terms of Husker theme and it turned out pretty good.

I am an electrical engineer and not much of a crafter of woods so the cabinet is a kit I purchased. From there, I had to buy and install all the wiring, random buttons, etc. The programming took the longest. I decided I was super smart and that I could totally do it myself.... that lead to several, several months of dinking with software, scripts and random programming bits to finally get it working.

Its using an old office computer I got for about 25 bucks from an IT guy at work. I have debated building these as a fulltime hobby now that I could just copy paste a lot of this, however, that seems like work and I am lazy.

Anywho, I thought the group here would at least appreciate the design. I think the top shot of memorial came out great.

4w6zFkM.jpg

2h5tQxw.jpg

Just to make you question my ability as an engineer... here is my hilarious wiring. Looks like I never spent a day in school:

xVzuien.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News