ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Sallis

Has he grown up a husker fan at all? If not, I could easily see him going elsewhere. Hope not...

Fred will have to fend off some blue-blood programs to land him, but you never know.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Don’t see him ending up here, but I’m hoping.

According to Robin Washut ( Rivals )

The good news for the Huskers is that despite all of this national attention, Sallis and his family have expressed plenty of interest in being a hometown hero.

“It’s my home state,” Sallis told HuskerOnline.com last month. “My family could come watch me play and it’s really close to home. Really, the coaching staff, I know (Hoiberg’s) background is really good and he’s an NBA coach. That’s always good having that connection…

“Playing in front of my family and like my friends. That's really big, and that's one of the things I’m looking at during recruitment. So it's really big.”

I'm not much of a BB fan, and I suspect most of that is not having a championship caliber team to root for.

I enjoyed the best of the Nee years, but after MJ retired I dont think I have watched enough NBA minutes to equate to one game.

I find no joy in the NBA at all

Reactions: bshirt73
Playing nerf basketball in the basement listening to the call on the radio: Carl Renfro, Stan Cloudy, Bernard Day, Anthony Bailous - some good memories.

Since you chimed in.. 1965-68 Nebraska teams remember listening on the radio or the Big 8 games on Saturday’s on TV when they had 2 games..

names like Tom Bacck, Stu Lanz, Nate Branch, Bob Gratopp, Tom Scantleberry I remember in my youth..

Remember games against Jo Jo White of Kansas and Cliff Meely from Colorado..

As long as he doesnt go to Creighton!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't appear he has much if any interest in the Jays. My biggest fear he gets caught up in their one year of success. Hears hoping Hoiberg has explained they will not be able to touch NU starting next year.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Since you chimed in.. 1965-68 Nebraska teams remember listening on the radio or the Big 8 games on Saturday’s on TV when they had 2 games..

names like Tom Bacck, Stu Lanz, Nate Branch, Bob Gratopp, Tom Scantleberry I remember in my youth..

Remember games against Jo Jo White of Kansas and Cliff Meely from Colorado..
I remember that in the late '60s, all the games were broadcast in color unless it was from Balch Fieldhouse in Boulder. Something about the lights there didn't allow the color cameras to work right.

I’ve seen him play twice. He’s young mind you, so a lot of growing to do yet. He’s got a nice game in traffic but he’s far from polished as a 3 pt shooter, IMO. I think he’ll say all the right things regarding the local schools and may honestly consider the Huskers/Jays at some point but won’t fault him he chooses a basketball blue blood.

I remember that in the late '60s, all the games were broadcast in color unless it was from Balch Fieldhouse in Boulder. Something about the lights there didn't allow the color cameras to work right.
With Jay Randolph and former Big 8 All-American Gary Thompson calling all the action.

Sooner or Later, looks like everyone gets a new screen name.

As long as he doesnt go to Creighton!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't appear he has much if any interest in the Jays. My biggest fear he gets caught up in their one year of success. Hears hoping Hoiberg has explained they will not be able to touch NU starting next year.
One year? That’s funny. Can’t speak to the future, but outside of last year, Creighton has basically owned the Huskers for the last several years.

I hope the the Huskers are able to make it a competitive rivalry. Again, i have no skin in either game so I don’t care who wins.

Huh?

I'm not much of a BB fan, and I suspect most of that is not having a championship caliber team to root for.

I enjoyed the best of the Nee years, but after MJ retired I dont think I have watched enough NBA minutes to equate to one game.

I find no joy in the NBA at all
Don't blame you. Haven't watched NBA in years. But love the Huskers. Don't have to be an NBA fan to root for the Huskers. Come on in the waters great

Rose said this morning all the smart money on KS. Hopefully more like Monopoly$$

Rose said this morning all the smart money on KS. Hopefully more like Monopoly$$
i mean KS would make sense, however if he goes to KS he won’t be a home town hero there. It sounds like he is kinda feeling like being the home town hero, the basketball version of Scott Frost. I get this is just one article and honestly haven’t followed his recruiting or basketballs recruiting very much, but it sounds like her is really liking the idea of playing for UNL, and maybe even Scott can get in his ear and let him know that leavings the state was such a bad idea that he chose to come back home... and once he was home he got that home town hero and he was able to move onto the pros, and even come back to coach... I get it two different sports but same concept, if you leave you won’t get to be the home town hero, or a hero, but if you stay you can really help build this team and really help your future as the pros will see you as the reason the program turned...

i mean KS would make sense, however if he goes to KS he won’t be a home town hero there. It sounds like he is kinda feeling like being the home town hero, the basketball version of Scott Frost. I get this is just one article and honestly haven’t followed his recruiting or basketballs recruiting very much, but it sounds like her is really liking the idea of playing for UNL, and maybe even Scott can get in his ear and let him know that leavings the state was such a bad idea that he chose to come back home... and once he was home he got that home town hero and he was able to move onto the pros, and even come back to coach... I get it two different sports but same concept, if you leave you won’t get to be the home town hero, or a hero, but if you stay you can really help build this team and really help your future as the pros will see you as the reason the program turned...

I believe Fred can handle this without any input from SF.. FH was a home town hero in Ames and he is the one that has to sell him on the X’s and the O’s of his fast paced offense...

Reactions: Clemke32
He can go to KU for 2 years and then transfer back here. Then he can bounce around the NBA for a few years. Then he can work his way up through the coaching ranks. Then he can turn around a winless college team in two years. And then he can finally return to coach us.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I believe his mother was a pretty good player in her day, maybe he stays to be close to her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT