ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Sallis

i mean KS would make sense, however if he goes to KS he won’t be a home town hero there. It sounds like he is kinda feeling like being the home town hero, the basketball version of Scott Frost. I get this is just one article and honestly haven’t followed his recruiting or basketballs recruiting very much, but it sounds like her is really liking the idea of playing for UNL, and maybe even Scott can get in his ear and let him know that leavings the state was such a bad idea that he chose to come back home... and once he was home he got that home town hero and he was able to move onto the pros, and even come back to coach... I get it two different sports but same concept, if you leave you won’t get to be the home town hero, or a hero, but if you stay you can really help build this team and really help your future as the pros will see you as the reason the program turned...
With all due respect, I feel like this isn’t the best example. When SF returned, we had won an NC and were on the way to our second one his redshirt season. He came back to play QB, but also to win a championship.

If Sallis wants to win a championship, he is much more likely to do that at Kansas.

You make some good points about being the hometown hero, and maybe that’s where his heart is at more than championships. We can hope so.

Reactions: Clemke32
With all due respect, I feel like this isn’t the best example. When SF returned, we had won an NC and were on the way to our second one his redshirt season. He came back to play QB, but also to win a championship.

If Sallis wants to win a championship, he is much more likely to do that at Kansas.

You make some good points about being the hometown hero, and maybe that’s where his heart is at more than championships. We can hope so.
very likely the only championship he cares about comes with the larry o'brien trophy.

he's going to go somewhere he can try to play his way into the lottery year 1.

Reactions: timnsun
Hunter Sallis could be our first 5 star Basketball player to commit and sign with us. I think the lure of playing at his home town state and his family and friends making ever home game is huge for him.

Reactions: artguy68
I grew up watching Nebraska basketball. We had season tickets in the same seats from the Joe Cipriano years all the way to the days of Danny Nee. Brian Carr's passing, Henry T Buchanon burying shots from the corner. Dave Hoppen and his nifty inside move, Carl McPipe's muscle, Richard Von Something being our own Kurt Rambis, Eric Piatkowski's clutch shooting, Erick Strickland's overpowering defense, Bruce Chubbick taking people by surprise, Bill Jackmon returning to Nebraska from Duke, Rich King towering above everyone else, Jack Moore's mustache, 6'5" Bernard Day having to play center, Brian Banks, Andre Smith, Stan Cloudy moving from last on the bench to star player, Venson Hamilton, Tony Farmer, Beau Reid's feistiness. Cheering for the "celebrity" floor sweepers. Politely clapping for local kids doing something for halftime entertainment. It is all great memories.

Hunter Sallis could be our first 5 star Basketball player to commit and sign with us. I think the lure of playing at his home town state and his family and friends making ever home game is huge for him.
Isaac Copeland was a 5*

If you ask me the Millard North team was impressive as well..

Only one Senior on the staring 5 and he is headed to Stanford and was 6-9..

They were in the 2nd half. 1st half....eh. Millard South has no business being up 2 at halftime.

MN is clearly talented, but at times they seem less than focused, especially on defense IMHO. They are good enough that they should beat everybody in Nebraska, but they aren’t good enough to just show up and beat everyone. If they can consistently replicate that intensity they showed in the 3rd Q look out.

Reactions: scarletred
They were in the 2nd half. 1st half....eh. Millard South has no business being up 2 at halftime.

MN is clearly talented, but at times they seem less than focused, especially on defense IMHO. They are good enough that they should beat everybody in Nebraska, but they aren’t good enough to just show up and beat everyone. If they can consistently replicate that intensity they showed in the 3rd Q look out.

True.. Millard South had a great 1st half, MN turned things up after halftime and were more determined it looked like..

ADVERTISEMENT