ADVERTISEMENT

Howard, Rubley in the portal from KSU....

This is kind of an interesting dynamic. You can transfer as a grad transfer student. You kind of fulfilled your obligation to your host school, now you get one last shot at it somewhere else and maybe pick up a chunk of cash. Is this because they are not strong prospects for the NFL?

Love Howard, but have to believe he'll have some great offers. Looks to be #1 choice as of right now, at least from what I've seen.
He’s going to want a guaranteed starting job. We would probably lose at least Purdy who has maybe 3 years left with a medical redshirt still available if we handed Howard a job.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
He’s going to want a guaranteed starting job. We would probably lose at least Purdy who has maybe 3 years left with a medical redshirt still available if we handed Howard a job.

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Purdy has two years left. He has been in college four years. Maybe he leaves, if a portal QB comes in, maybe not.

And you don't exactly have to guarantee Howard a starting spot, just show him what he's up against.

No coach would ever guarantee that. Name one if you know. There is no quicker way to lose a team than to make promises like that.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Do you honestly think another Power 5 school is going to offer Purdy? If he wants to transfer to the FCS level, then it would make sense, otherwise it doesn't make sense for him to transfer again. He isn't going to be the starter at another Power 5 school.

I may be the odd one here but I hope Purdy stays. He showed me there is enough to work with there. A good QB would be beneficial.
I am with you. He showed enough in his limited action, at least IMO, to be the best QB on the roster. If he has his surgery and is completely healthy for spring ball and Fall camp, he can give the new QB some competition.
Sims needs to leave at semester end IMO. No need for him to even be here.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I am with you. He showed enough in his limited action, at least IMO, to be the best QB on the roster. If he has his surgery and is completely healthy for spring ball and Fall camp, he can give the new QB some competition.
Sims needs to leave at semester end IMO. No need for him to even be here.
Not sure why Sims would be here after this semester. He didn't show much interest in playing football. I can't imagine that the coaching staff wants him back.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
According to the ND site, Howard was all set to transfer there after the season, him & his family had decided a while back, & the ND staff wanted him.
Then last night the staff called him & notified him they were going with someone else (supposedly Riley Leonard from Duke).
Him & his family aren’t happy about it.
Half of the ND fans are mad because they wanted him, the other half are pumped because they want Leonard.

Either way, it seems ND kind of pulled the rug out from under him.

According to the ND site, Howard was all set to transfer there after the season, him & his family had decided a while back, & the ND staff wanted him.
Then last night the staff called him & notified him they were going with someone else (supposedly Riley Leonard from Duke).
Half of the ND fans are mad because they wanted him, the other half are pumped because they want Leonard.

Leonard > Howard

imo

Man this transfer portal is some sleazy shit. Everything that happened back in the 70's and 80's is just right out in the open now! SMU was way before their time and probably missed out on being a dynasty in this era.

Man this transfer portal is some sleazy shit. Everything that happened back in the 70's and 80's is just right out in the open now! SMU was way before their time and probably missed out on being a dynasty in this era.
I don’t like it, but I also understand it’s major P5 football these days.
Unless they had something official, I guess you can’t expect much, just like players flipping last second. He might have got offered a huge NIL deal last second somewhere else & told ND no too.
Modern college football.

I don’t like it, but I also understand it’s major P5 football these days.
Unless they had something official, I guess you can’t expect much, just like players flipping last second. He might have got offered a huge NIL deal last second somewhere else & told ND no too.
Modern college football.
Interesting. And I don’t think he could go back to KState or they will lose Avery Johnson (heard his camp wasn’t too happy about burning a RS but then not playing much).

Interesting. And I don’t think he could go back to KState or they will lose Avery Johnson (heard his camp wasn’t too happy about burning a RS but then not playing much).
There are other programs interested in him.
I think Auburn was throwing NIL at him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT