ADVERTISEMENT

How will you spend your March Madness?

hddude55

Defensive Coordinator
Jan 14, 2002
Arizona
When the Rams left LA without a football team in the 90's, each Fall for several years afterwards the LA Times interviewed fans about how they'd spend their Fall Sundays without a football team. I thought I'd find how Husker fans spend March Madness each year without a basketball team. Obviously we are very experienced at finding other interests beyond reading football practice reports.

Thursday and Friday is must watch for me. After that I still have interest in the tourney, but not nearly as much

Still a basketball fan and love the tournament regardless of NU isn't in it take Thursday and Friday off usually the biggest upsets are on those 2 days... you can't beat it blows away watching the NBA.

I'll probably be contributing to this in a mild way...
https://www.forbes.com/sites/leeige...-ruining-workplace-productivity/#77baec584148

I'll usually track my coworkers' alma maters just as a conversation piece, but not actively engage.

However, the year Creighton and Nebraska made played in the same first/second round pod, no work was getting done by most of the office and the internet bandwidth was being stressed by about 20% of the office streaming the games.

During the last Winter Olympics, they blocked the viewing site for the US-Canada semifinal. However, the site for the Sweden-Finland semifinal (which was played first) was not blocked, and if you had that stream already going, it continued straight into the US-Canada game.

I have a love/hate relationship with March Madness. It actually begins the week before for me (so this week). I love all of these basketball games that have so much riding on them. I hate the fact that Nebraska is almost never playing a meaningful game this time of year. As fans, we're really getting cheated by having a basketball program that is an after-thought, at best, in the context of tournament hoops.

Reactions: scarletred
I will be spending March Madness watching teams not named Nebraska play games for the 20th time in 22 years.

As David Byrne from Talking Heads says......same as it ever was

If my enjoyment of college basketball depended on how Nebraska is doing, I would have been ignoring the sport since at least the 1990s. So I like watching the tournament no matter who's in it. I don't really get into the brackets/pools thing very much, mainly because of the blowhards who haven't watched a college basketball game all season but somehow found the time to fill out 15 different brackets - and they are absolutely determined to tell you how they're doing in every damned one of them.

Reactions: scarletred
I have a love/hate relationship with March Madness. It actually begins the week before for me (so this week). I love all of these basketball games that have so much riding on them. I hate the fact that Nebraska is almost never playing a meaningful game this time of year. As fans, we're really getting cheated by having a basketball program that is an after-thought, at best, in the context of tournament hoops.

This week has been fun watching UNO and Creighton get to their conference championship games and it really highlights just how disappointing things are in Lincoln

Reactions: coach-ed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT