ADVERTISEMENT

How was everyone's cashless experience?

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
Up in my section of 606/607 we managed to crash one immediately which meant 25% less checkouts .

Also they didn't have programs at our concession stand this year. They had prefilled SOOO many cups of pop that the ice melted making it taste like diet pop.

Oh well we won and it was a beautiful day right?!!

My concession was probably the same one you use by 608. I got a box of popcorn and commemorative soda, which was $9.85. I thought the soda was supposed to be $4 and popcorn $4, so I think I got ripped off for $1.85. I didn't really notice because I was in a hurry. I stuck my card in and it went through the billing process, asked me if $9.85 was OK (maybe they snuck a "tip in there?), I clicked yes and a circle appeared on the screen with a green checkmark inside it. She thanked my for my purchase and I went on my way. I was about 10 yards down the concourse when one of the concession people chased me down and said the charge didn't "stick". So I had to go back and redo the process with my card while people waited in line pissed off. I checked my card today and there was only one $9.85 charge, but needless to say there are some glitches needing to be ironed out.

My concession was probably the same one you use by 608. I got a box of popcorn and commemorative soda, which was $9.85. I thought the soda was supposed to be $4 and popcorn $4, so I think I got ripped off for $1.85. I didn't really notice because I was in a hurry. I stuck my card in and it went through the billing process, asked me if $9.85 was OK (maybe they snuck a "tip in there?), I clicked yes and a circle appeared on the screen with a green checkmark inside it. She thanked my for my purchase and I went on my way. I was about 10 yards down the concourse when one of the concession people chased me down and said the charge didn't "stick". So I had to go back and redo the process with my card while people waited in line pissed off. I checked my card today and there was only one $9.85 charge, but needless to say there are some glitches needing to be ironed out.
Maybe the $1.85 is card service fee?

They charged you for the cup which is the past were able to refill at the reduced rate. NOT THIS YEAR. They won't refill with pop but they will with ice .

Maybe the $1.85 is card service fee?
Which could be true but that pisses me off if so. THEY chose to go cashless they can eat the fee not me. I probably won't go to concessions anymore so other people the line will be shorter. Bet sales are down

Which could be true but that pisses me off if so. THEY chose to go cashless they can eat the fee not me. I probably won't go to concessions anymore so other people the line will be shorter. Bet sales are down
How did it work with the vendors walking the stands do you have to pass your card down the row so it can be swiped?

How did it work with the vendors walking the stands do you have to pass your card down the row so it can be swiped?
From what I could tell, buying from the vendor HAD to be done face to face because they had the card readers and the reader had to be answered "yes" when it asked "is this amount OK" by the owner of the card.

They charged you for the cup which is the past were able to refill at the reduced rate. NOT THIS YEAR. They won't refill with pop but they will with ice .
It was last year's 100 year Memorial Stadium cup. Probably had a lot of cups left since the last couple 2023 games were so poorly attended.

From what I could tell, buying from the vendor HAD to be done face to face because they had the card readers and the reader had to be answered "yes" when it asked "is this amount OK" by the owner of the card.
Seems very convenient if you aren’t sitting near the aisle

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT