ADVERTISEMENT

How much faith do you have in Alberts?

I think Trev is a the perfect AD for Nebraska. Have to wait and see how he navigates this, and while he is a little too slick for my personal liking, you need those traits to do the job well. Trev is highly opinionated, and we know this from his broadcast days. Whether he makes the right calls or not.. it could be Frost 2.0... hiring an ex-player that has a winning track record that ends up not being able to handle the job.. OR.. we get what we thought we were getting. Either way, the administration is big time behind Trev, and he's going to keep us in the B1G, which is their big concern.
He delivers some really tacit meanings when he talks. I'm guessing he looks at an issue, evaluates it, and makes a decision.

In other words, when he makes a suggestion to SF, it is not merely a suggestion.

To stay in good graces, I think to get along, you go along.

I think anyone in the Athletic Department that isn't on board, will be thrown overboard. He's already shown that.

Maybe, he feels the lack of administrative support from his predecessor was so lacking, that he can, in the next year, elevate SF and help him succeed.

When he schedules a meeting with someone, he likely has a mental checklist. After the points he wants to make, he informs them they're doing a great job, or that next Friday is their last day.

Without any personal dealing with him, I think he's a man who, once he's made up his mind, the decision is final.

If, TA knows today what will transpire at the end of the year, there is no amount of bitching and wishing that will change it. Donors, those connected, either want SF to return or leave. They have the clout that counts.

How long has Trev been on the job? I need more than four months to develop an opinion of how he is doing on the job. He has made some concerning statements regarding the culture within the senior athletic department team; he has already made some staff changes. According to many on here...some changes are still needed. How can Trev make a coaching change.....when he is saying his own AD team is a mess? He was quoted in the OMW as saying when he arrived there were 3 groups of people on his senior team who did not like each other. Notice how some people are now gone?

What I expect is for Trev to get his " own AD team" in order first.....giving Scott the support Trev said Scott was not previously receiving.......then outline changes that need to be made coach wise etc.
The AD team is already taking shape. At least one of the Eichorst hold overs is gone and that is a positive. There's been a few people pulling in the wrong direction.

He delivers some really tacit meanings when he talks. I'm guessing he looks at an issue, evaluates it, and makes a decision.

In other words, when he makes a suggestion to SF, it is not merely a suggestion.

To stay in good graces, I think to get along, you go along.

I think anyone in the Athletic Department that isn't on board, will be thrown overboard. He's already shown that.

Maybe, he feels the lack of administrative support from his predecessor was so lacking, that he can, in the next year, elevate SF and help him succeed.

When he schedules a meeting with someone, he likely has a mental checklist. After the points he wants to make, he informs them they're doing a great job, or that next Friday is their last day.

Without any personal dealing with him, I think he's a man who, once he's made up his mind, the decision is final.

If, TA knows today what will transpire at the end of the year, there is no amount of bitching and wishing that will change it. Donors, those connected, either want SF to return or leave. They have the clout that counts.
FWIW the couple of "boosters of substance" who I've talked to think Frost is back next year. The common theme seems to be that he's our best chance to rebuild the program. I wouldn't make any bets about some of his offensive staff being back next year though.

FWIW the couple of "boosters of substance" who I've talked to think Frost is back next year. The common theme seems to be that he's our best chance to rebuild the program. I wouldn't make any bets about some of his offensive staff being back next year though.
I'm bitching, but Trev will do what he wants, and, so far, hasn't asked my opinion. I'm happy to let Trev make the call.

I really hope there will be changes offensively, there has to be. When you're in a situation like SF, you've got to show the willingness to shake things up a bit.

It would be nice for SF/TA to throw a boatload of money to Snyder, and then get out of his road and let him make some huge improvements in the ST area.

NU has to have a high caliber OL coach. With the coaching changes that are/will happen, unless a coach/coaches take their OL coach with them, there could be some real upgrades available.

I don't have any doubt that Corcoran has to be moved inside. I have zero doubts that Benhart will ever cut it at either OT spots.

One thing I'm really comfortable with is this: there will be changes and hopefully a change here, a change there, and all of a sudden with that weaker schedule things could start to trend in a different direction.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I'm bitching, but Trev will do what he wants, and, so far, hasn't asked my opinion. I'm happy to let Trev make the call.

I really hope there will be changes offensively, there has to be. When you're in a situation like SF, you've got to show the willingness to shake things up a bit.

It would be nice for SF/TA to throw a boatload of money to Snyder, and then get out of his road and let him make some huge improvements in the ST area.

NU has to have a high caliber OL coach. With the coaching changes that are/will happen, unless a coach/coaches take their OL coach with them, there could be some real upgrades available.

I don't have any doubt that Corcoran has to be moved inside. I have zero doubts that Benhart will ever cut it at either OT spots.

One thing I'm really comfortable with is this: there will be changes and hopefully a change here, a change there, and all of a sudden with that weaker schedule things could start to trend in a different direction.
I think I'll reserve judgement on our young O linemen until we see a change in who is coaching them but Benhart has really struggled. I think Garrison would be an immediate upgrade but I'm not sure where he stands with coaching the O line for Frost's offense and given Frost's tenuous situation he might find it tough to land a replacement for Austin.

I emailed an AD for the first time ever today.
Freeloader fans that don't donate are never heard and never have a say so in anything dealing with the program so don't expect to get an email back from Trev. Fact of life and reality. Pony up with donations and maybe you'll at least be heard. I am a donor.

Freeloader fans that don't donate are never heard and never have a say so in anything dealing with the program so don't expect to get an email back from Trev. Fact of life and reality. Pony up with donations and maybe you'll at least be heard. I am a donor.

That must be why they have to give away free tickets with a purchase of another ticket. You know, the average joes out on the street are not being heard according to you.

He has to win some of the games left. This is far from a done deal. Frost has no one to blame but himself for that. If he loses out, there will be calls going out talking about a vision for the future of Nebraska Football. Well, the next guy has to be lined up too.

I am saying an easier schedule next year is the perfect time for a new coach. If Frost fails, and everything points to that. The recruiting will have already tanked, the transfer portal will have done a number, and the next coach will inherit all of that and a tougher schedule to start.

Last edited:
That must be why they have to give away free tickets with a purchase of another ticket.
This is mind-boggling to me given that I've been assured by Frost-humpers that there are tens of thousands of people waiting in line for tickets for all the fairweathers that don't want to watch losing football anymore. Huh.

This is mind-boggling to me given that I've been assured by Frost-humpers that there are tens of thousands of people waiting in line for tickets for all the fairweathers that don't want to watch losing football anymore. Huh.

Yep. And lies being typed about "oh, I have a direct line of communication with multiple heavy-hitting boosters who claim such and such." It's all lies and stupidity.

The money for the buyout is already lined up fwiw. And that isn't me claiming it. It's people who have direct access to Trev, one of them called Trev directly that is a former player.

Reactions: HuskersNC
Yep. And lies being typed about "oh, I have a direct line of communication with multiple heavy-hitting boosters who claim such and such." It's all lies and stupidity.

The money for the buyout is already lined up fwiw. And that isn't me claiming it. It's people who have direct access to Trev, one of them called Trev directly that is a former player.
We ain't broke.

I did hear back.... kind of. And I emailed because I am a donor, and a season ticket holder.

Reactions: Wyldcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT