ADVERTISEMENT

How many big 10 teams did streaming tv?

From what I've read 9 or 10 B1G football games this year have been, or will be, on Peacock. Some are streaming only and some are also on NBC.

Apparently 30 total B1G BBall games will be on Peacock.

I can only imagine there will be more Peacock only games next year when we add 4 additional teams. 😐

this is what the new $1B media deal gets us

everyone is on peacock because money is the most important thing to the B1G
Michael Douglas Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Hated cable and its many crap channels? I did. So now the world is moving to streaming and NBC is of course following along. The good news is you can stream for a month and cancel with no penalty. Adding and subtracting streaming services is becoming the new normal.

Reactions: Wasker77

Who cares? BTN is not universal for those outside it's footprint. There's plenty of streams out there for Husker games as long as it's a major streaming network. Peacock is one of them. This isn't some "the Big Ten is bad" thing. It's we're getting paid and most all of the games are available. So, either pay up or find a not so legal stream to catch the game on. Remember the Big 12? The ones that didn't have their own network? Eff that and eff them.

Hated cable and its many crap channels? I did. So now the world is moving to streaming and NBC is of course following along. The good news is you can stream for a month and cancel with no penalty.
why did you hate cable?

guessing cost is reason 1-10 and whatever your reply to this will be is reason 11 or lower.

Who cares? BTN is not universal for those outside it's footprint. There's plenty of streams out there for Husker games as long as it's a major streaming network. Peacock is one of them. This isn't some "the Big Ten is bad" thing. It's we're getting paid and most all of the games are available. So, either pay up or find a not so legal stream to catch the game on. Remember the Big 12? The ones that didn't have their own network? Eff that and eff them.

Remember when the Fox Sports channel would choose to show some shitty B12 game, like Iowa St. - Kansas and make Nebraska’s game pay-per-view, because Nebraska fans we’re crazy enough to pay.

The elaborate B1G plan to screw Nebraska first involved putting Michigan, Penn State, MSU, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Rutgers, and - wait for it - Ohio State - on Peacock before they got around to screwing Nebraska.

If you are willing to pay the $6.00 for a month of Peacock, you'll also get an NU hoops game against Oregon State next weekend.

Or, we could long for the good ol' days when neither of these games would be on TV and you could listen on the radio.

Iowa had two of their punting competitions exclusively on Peacock.

I believe Michigan had one so I don’t think it’s a screw job for Nebraska but I do HATE the principle of it. On the flip side, many people will spend the same amount on their morning coffee so in the big scheme of things I’m just whining😁

The most annoying part of all these apps is I enjoy watching a lot of games during the 1,000 commercials. Well, I have to exit out of Peacock and get into my YTTV and vice versa.
I'm glad you said that. I still have cable (along with a few apps I pay for) - and it's annoying as hell if you want to flip to another channel during a streaming event. There is no "Go-Back" or "Previous channel" option with streaming (at least as far as I know).

This is all part of the natural evolution of people getting sick of their cable companies and moving to streaming. All the sports that you want to watch were on multiple networks, but you could at least channel surf through your cable channels to flip from game to game. Now, they are spread across multiple streaming platforms...so the cure to the cable problem may end up worse than the disease.

Iowa had two of their punting competitions exclusively on Peacock.

I believe Michigan had one so I don’t think it’s a screw job for Nebraska but I do HATE the principle of it. On the flip side, many people will spend the same amount on their morning coffee so in the big scheme of things I’m just whining😁
For me personally streaming a game is such a giant pain in the ass that I won’t bother trying to sign up.

I'm glad you said that. I still have cable (along with a few apps I pay for) - and it's annoying as hell if you want to flip to another channel during a streaming event. There is no "Go-Back" or "Previous channel" option with streaming (at least as far as I know).

This is all part of the natural evolution of people getting sick of their cable companies and moving to streaming. All the sports that you want to watch were on multiple networks, but you could at least channel surf through your cable channels to flip from game to game. Now, they are spread across multiple streaming platforms...so the cure to the cable problem may end up worse than the dise
I have my computer hooked up to my tv, so I have different services in separate tabs, just mute the ones your not watching. Works fairly well.

why did you hate cable?

guessing cost is reason 1-10 and whatever your reply to this will be is reason 11 or lower.
Wrong. High on my list was eliminating all unsightly cable inside and outside the house including holes drilled through walls. I now have TMobile 5g internet (with its tiny, free Wi-Fi router/modem) and all streaming including YTTV plus “free” Netflix and Apple TV+ as part of my cellular service. I also have Amazon but more for shipping than tv..

When house was repainted a year ago all holes were filled and painted over and cables tossed. As for cost, I probably am paying no less but month to month with no connection/cancellation fees or equipment rentals. Do I still have some garbage channels with YTTV? Sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
Personally I'd rather the games show on a national network like Peacock than conference tv. Don't get me wrong, conference tv can be nice when you want to watch a game that didn't make a national slate for whatever, reason, but conference tv still feels like the grown up version of the amateur student cable channels of yore.

Any team serious about football in this era is serious about money. The almighty SEC cares greatly about money too. They aren't out there winning FB games on a bottom tier budget.

Any team serious about football in this era is serious about money. The almighty SEC cares greatly about money too. They aren't out there winning FB games on a bottom tier budget.
agreed.

they're putting their money into their product, not into their pockets.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Hated cable and its many crap channels? I did. So now the world is moving to streaming and NBC is of course following along. The good news is you can stream for a month and cancel with no penalty. Adding and subtracting streaming services is becoming the new normal.
I don’t mind streaming. I can watch various sporting events that I would not otherwise be able to watch. I watched last night's Husker volleyball match using Big Ten +. I will watch the NFR rodeo streaming it on the Cowboy Chanel. Friday’s women’s basketball game at Wyoming is on the Mountain West app. I cast all these sporting events to my Samsung TV using my iPad. I even stream high school sports. I think it is pretty cool I can watch high school sports in other states like Nebraska and Montana. I also like it because there is just a monthly charge for the streaming services, and you can cancel at any time. I think the Mountain West app is free. I used it to watch a Wyoming football game and there was no charge.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
agreed.

they're putting their money into their product, not into their pockets.

We've put out 3/4 of a billion dollars towards sports and specifically football in the past few years (100 million for staff, 150 million for facilites, and half a billion on a stadium).

Quite honestly, the big money guys are doing their part. The small business guys aren't funding NIL to stupid levels, but that's probably more of a "good ole midwestern common sense" culture thing than a "i just want nebraska administrators to hoard the bucks" thing.

We've put out 3/4 of a billion dollars towards sports and specifically football in the past few years (100 million for staff, 150 million for facilites, and half a billion on a stadium).

Quite honestly, the big money guys are doing their part. The small business guys aren't funding NIL to stupid levels, but that's probably more of a "good ole midwestern common sense" culture thing than a "i just want nebraska administrators to hoard the bucks" thing.
you must realize when I talk about the B1G I am excluding NU because we are not a B1G school/program

I was one of the few who applauded Trev for spending the extra money to kick frost to the curb when he did, even if I'm disappointed in him not doing the same to our lowly hoops coach

Reactions: huskerfan1414
you must realize when I talk about the B1G I am excluding NU because we are not a B1G school/program

I was one of the few who applauded Trev for spending the extra money to kick frost to the curb when he did, even if I'm disappointed in him not doing the same to our lowly hoops coach
You must realize that as much as you say it, its patently untrue.

Sure NU has pockets of fans that believe we are only 100 million away from trading wins with OU again and nearly yearly national title contention, but even within our fan base they aren't the majority.

Michigan has this same sect of people as does OSU and PSU.

Sure the SEC is good and Bob's Bama Toyota might be willing to pay $5 million for a 5th string 5 star recruit, but on the whole, the expectations of the mid and bottom tier of the SEC taht will never win anything except in a Cindarella situation, doesn't exceed their counterparts in the B1G.

Most of the SEC benefits from being associated with the handful of Big Dawgs they have moreso than anything they are doing to change the face of CFB.

I remember when other than a Bowl or Oklahoma games we were lucky if we saw 2-3 Husker games on TV and that was when we were "legendary." Just like stimulus checks, these multi-billion dollar mega Conference deals were not created in a vacuum of free money. Everybody must pay and pay either with both higher costs of living and also viewership costs. This is not rocket science here. It is basic Economics 101. At least with football you can choose to say, No. You cannot at the grocery store.

I'm actually pretty over the B1G/SEC/B12/P12 thing. I'm mostly wondering what CFB's AFC and NFC will be called lol.

Reactions: dragonraider1
I remember when other than a Bowl or Oklahoma games we were lucky if we saw 2-3 Husker games on TV and that was when we were "legendary." Just like stimulus checks, these multi-billion dollar mega Conference deals were not created in a vacuum of free money. Everybody must pay and pay either with both higher costs of living and also viewership costs. This is not rocket science here. It is basic Economics 101.
Let’s try English 101.

You must realize that as much as you say it, its patently untrue.

Sure NU has pockets of fans that believe we are only 100 million away from trading wins with OU again and nearly yearly national title contention, but even within our fan base they aren't the majority.

Michigan has this same sect of people as does OSU and PSU.

Sure the SEC is good and Bob's Bama Toyota might be willing to pay $5 million for a 5th string 5 star recruit, but on the whole, the expectations of the mid and bottom tier of the SEC taht will never win anything except in a Cindarella situation, doesn't exceed their counterparts in the B1G.

Most of the SEC benefits from being associated with the handful of Big Dawgs they have moreso than anything they are doing to change the face of CFB.
your "mid and bottom tier of the SEC will never win anything" point is obviously a football-only statement

where the mid and bottom tier of the B1G is mid and bottom tier in everything

This is all part of the natural evolution of people getting sick of their cable companies and moving to streaming. All the sports that you want to watch were on multiple networks, but you could at least channel surf through your cable channels to flip from game to game. Now, they are spread across multiple streaming platforms...so the cure to the cable problem may end up worse than the disease.

The "cable problem" is generally that people don't want to pay for what they didn't watch. Problem is, most people didn't realize that even if they only wanted the "sports" channels (ESPN, Big 3, TBS/TNT, B1G, etc) that's basically 99% the cost of the subscription fee anyway. Cox and Comcast were basically throwing in HGTV and all the rest so a bunch of Boomers didn't go "why am I paying $200 a month for 6 channels?".

Fast forward 15 years, and I think people are somewhat waking up to the fact that the things worth watching are going to cost quite a bit of money. Now we can just argue about delivery. It is easier to be a sports fan on cable because you can switch games in an instant. But no one was making that argument 15 years ago. They thought they were going to watch the same amount and quality of TV for tenth the cost on Netflix.

Personally I like streaming, but I never had a big beef with cable other than like the 2 year contract thing.

Reactions: Husker4real
your "mid and bottom tier of the SEC will never win anything" point is obviously a football-only statement

where the mid and bottom tier of the B1G is mid and bottom tier in everything
No one really cares about the revenue draining sports.

Nebraska goes out of its way to spread NIL around the whole program, and most of the comments about that besides a few atta-boys is the fact that we're watering down the amount of money going to football players.

And we have a NC caliber volleyball team. 99% of AD's don't have a NC caliber anything.

No one really cares about the revenue draining sports.

Nebraska goes out of its way to spread NIL around the whole program, and most of the comments about that besides a few atta-boys is the fact that we're watering down the amount of money going to football players.

And we have a NC caliber volleyball team. 99% of AD's don't have a NC caliber anything.
you don't care about baseball or basketball, that's fine.

but the SEC does. and those programs make money because of it, just like girls' vball does here (except more).

vandy doesn't win in football. but they churn out 1st round starting pitchers and put 10k+ in the stands every weekend x3 en route to CWS appearances. and so on.

Sorry , I guess my comprehension is not good. “Pay either with both higher costs of living and also viewership costs” confused me. I’ll go back from where I came now.
Lo siento. I edited a further line maybe while you were posting that might have made it easier for you to comprender. Buenes tardes.

Reactions: Juan Malo
you don't care about baseball or basketball, that's fine.

but the SEC does. and those programs make money because of it, just like girls' vball does here (except more).

vandy doesn't win in football. but they churn out 1st round starting pitchers and put 10k+ in the stands every weekend x3 en route to CWS appearances. and so on.

Most of the country doesn't care about baseball. Its very much a regional, southern dominated sport. For a variety of reasons, at least one of which the year starts when most mid to northern schools are still quite cold.

Its a sport that is undervalued and growing, but its far from a national behemoth and fills in downtime for southern schools mostly.

Folks often pine to go back B12 becuase they value sports and are a cultural fit and the B1G is just a bunch of money grubbin libs. Thing is, you get much above Norman, and baseball doesn't get the same play in the B12 as it would in the South. ISU should have every opportunity to be Vandy in the B12 as goes baseball. But they don't even field a team.

There's no magical world where all of a sudden a northern conference values baseball as much as a southern one. Even the northern half of conferences that value baseball, don't value them the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT