ADVERTISEMENT

How long will it take?

bshirt73

Senior
Aug 31, 2014
Like so many other hard-core NU fans, it's been difficult watching our linemen getting run over on both sides of the ball. It seems almost unreal that "Nebraska", that won big time for decades under Devaney/TO with vicious linemen everywhere is now a fluff-ball losing machine. Our linemen can't block anybody and can't pressure the opponent's offense.

I have 100% confidence that HCSF & staff will work hard rebuilding NU's line play. But it's sooooo difficult to do. I would appreciate some comments on what is a reasonable amount of time will it probably take to return NU to competent line play "and" then return to animal dominance.

What do you think? One year? Three years? Five years? Maybe it's simply impossible? There's lots of VERY sharp fans here and again would appreciate your best guess. Thank you!!

GBR!!

Well, I really have no idea how long that goal will take. Again, there's some very sharp dudes here that probably have some insight. I'm just very curious.

What do you think? One year? Three years? Five years? Maybe it's simply impossible? There's lots of VERY sharp fans here and again would appreciate your best guess. Thank you!! GBR!![/QUOTE said:
My best guess is 3-5 yrs to be respectable. But my common sense tells me it's probably never going to happen - where we are dominant again and winning championships.

Reactions: Slatta
What blows my mind is how far they are from even being an average team. We're looking way up at Purdue for God's sake. Teams like Iowa with consistently poor recruiting are consistently whipping NU's ass.

It's like somebody made a wish on a cursed monkey paw that NU would win 3 NCs in the 90s but the catch was that after the magic wore off they'd be one of the worst teams in the nation forever after that.

Honestly I think Nebraska will be the next Minnesota. I sure hope not but just dont see the days of old happening again. I see them competing for the west (oh boy, possibly the softest division in the power 5) more often then not but nothing too much more than that.

What blows my mind is how far they are from even being an average team. We're looking way up at Purdue for God's sake. Teams like Iowa with consistently poor recruiting are consistently whipping NU's ass.

It's like somebody made a wish on a cursed monkey paw that NU would win 3 NCs in the 90s but the catch was that after the magic wore off they'd be one of the worst teams in the nation forever after that.

Except the catch is even worse, because you don’t know if it’s forever or if some day the curse will wear off, so you keep hoping... and every time it turns out the curse is still in effect.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Honestly I think Nebraska will be the next Minnesota. I sure hope not but just dont see the days of old happening again. I see them competing for the west (oh boy, possibly the softest division in the power 5) more often then not but nothing too much more than that.

I don’t, for the main reason we don’t have a pro team to compete with like the Minnesota Vikings..

Man the thought haunts you doesn't it? The parallels are all there. Sorry to say I'd be grateful to be as good as Minnesota again.

Reactions: ssmill777
I don't see it. Every with things as bad, we can still recruit at a Top 20 level right now. So when we start to see some progress, we will get enough talent. Plus we finally have a staff that could be in place for years to come. This is a dark time no way around it, but I don'e see it as the end by any means.

The hard truth is that this is going to take many years... Frost is still a very inexperienced head coach and makes a lot of blunders; both in front of the media, and in personnel and players. I just don’t think we are going to get there any time soon with the product I’ve seen on the field so far this year. The team and Frost desperately need a win.

Like so many other hard-core NU fans, it's been difficult watching our linemen getting run over on both sides of the ball. It seems almost unreal that "Nebraska", that won big time for decades under Devaney/TO with vicious linemen everywhere is now a fluff-ball losing machine. Our linemen can't block anybody and can't pressure the opponent's offense.

I have 100% confidence that HCSF & staff will work hard rebuilding NU's line play. But it's sooooo difficult to do. I would appreciate some comments on what is a reasonable amount of time will it probably take to return NU to competent line play "and" then return to animal dominance.

What do you think? One year? Three years? Five years? Maybe it's simply impossible? There's lots of VERY sharp fans here and again would appreciate your best guess. Thank you!!

GBR!!

Ten?

The hard truth is that this is going to take many years... Frost is still a very inexperienced head coach and makes a lot of blunders; both in front of the media, and in personnel and players. I just don’t think we are going to get there any time soon with the product I’ve seen on the field so far this year. The team and Frost desperately need a win.

Ouch!!

That stings badly. But you very well may be correct. No doubt what-so-ever with what we've seen the last three or four years. The Purdue's and Minnesota's linemen kick our ass all over the field.

Yep, I sure wouldn't be surprised if it's a long, long ways away.

I hear ya sir.....it's not easy on my ego at all. :(

Just interested, what are some examples of the blunders. I think mistakes have been made but interested in knowing what people think they are?

The thing with Frost is that he's a process-oriented guy. That's a troublesome phrase for some Cornhusker fans after Pelini and his "trust the process" insistence, but Frost will keep doing it the way he feels is right regardless of the results.

The thing with Frost is that he's a process-oriented guy. That's a troublesome phrase for some Cornhusker fans after Pelini and his "trust the process" insistence, but Frost will keep doing it the way he feels is right regardless of the results.
Sounds scary.

O-4 and 2-10 end of the season, you fuvckers will be committing suicide left and right GBR Lmfao
Great comeback. The south is a giant collection of illiterate pill snorting white trash shitbirds with wooden nickel bank accounts.

There’s a reason they lost the war.

Yep. We might go .500 the rest of the way out, but I saw enough the last half of the Purdue game that I think we are taking some steps forward now.

Well yeah, the offense did gel somewhat in the 2nd half.....I hope you're right sir!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT