ADVERTISEMENT

How does OU lose to Iowa State?

Iowa State pulls this crap every other year, and has for a long time. Then they suck for the next 12 games.

Didn't they rip the Buckeyes a new one not too long ago? WTF
Yes.
Didn't they just lose to ISU because of their defense and almost drop another shootout earlier in the year because of defense? Yes.
Pay attention to national storylines sometimes, they all agree.

I'm not sure that bodes well for the Big Ten. They ripped Ohio State up one side and down the other.

It's usually a game in Ames. I don't remember them winning any big games on the road.
I feel like they've done it a couple times on the road.

Looked it up to verify:
2012 at #13 TCU: W 37-23
2011 at #22 Texas Tech: W 41-7 (this was two weeks before knocking off #2 Okie State at home in OT)
2010 at #22 Texas: W 28-21
2009 at Nebraska: W 9-7 (not ranked, but threw this one in here to remind everyone about our 8-turnover game)

It's been 5 years since they beat a ranked team on the road, but this is the first time in a long time they've beaten a Top 10 team on the road (I only went back to 2000 when making the above list, not sure when they did it last).

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I feel like they've done it a couple times on the road.

Looked it up to verify:
2012 at #13 TCU: W 37-23
2011 at #22 Texas Tech: W 41-7 (this was two weeks before knocking off #2 Okie State at home in OT)
2010 at #22 Texas: W 28-21
2009 at Nebraska: W 9-7 (not ranked, but threw this one in here to remind everyone about our 8-turnover game)

It's been 5 years since they beat a ranked team on the road, but this is the first time in a long time they've beaten a Top 10 team on the road (I only went back to 2000 when making the above list, not sure when they did it last).
Looks like you're right. They are 3-2 and had a two score lead on Iowa and could/should be 4-1. Is Campbell gonna turn out to be a good coach? I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind the Iowa/ISU game to mean something for Iowa. The only way to do that is for ISU to be relevant.

Looks like you're right. They are 3-2 and had a two score lead on Iowa and could/should be 4-1. Is Campbell gonna turn out to be a good coach? I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind the Iowa/ISU game to mean something for Iowa. The only way to do that is for ISU to be relevant.

Totally. It can only help draw attention to Nebraska/Iowa. It's like a dearth in the middle of the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT