ADVERTISEMENT

How does L. Miles compare(ed) to F. Solitch?

Not sure but it would be an interesting comparison to Coach Frank Solich. Winking

Apparently Coach Miles was all class when he addressed his team about his termination. He didn't use any euphemisms for the birth canal and didn't try to undermine the school. Good on him. Despite my less than favorable view of the SEC, I always liked him and had a soft spot for his teams. I hope that whatever is next for him is something that makes him happy.

Apparently Coach Miles was all class when he addressed his team about his termination. He didn't use any euphemisms for the birth canal and didn't try to undermine the school. Good on him. Despite my less than favorable view of the SEC, I always liked him and had a soft spot for his teams. I hope that whatever is next for him is something that makes him happy.
He seems like a good guy. Hopefully he'll get another shot somewhere.

I'd never really liked Les Miles that much-always thought he seemed a little odd. My opinion of him changed completely when I saw a story on ESPN about a month ago about a teenage boy in Alabama that was an LSU fan who was diagnosed with cancer two years ago. Miles heard about the boy's situation and prayed with the boy over the phone the following spring. He then invited him to sit in the coach's box for a game in Baton Rouge last fall. He had plans to invite him to the LSU vs. Alabama game in Tuscaloosa too, but sadly the boy died before then. But he did talk with him on the phone one last time a couple of weeks before and told him "When you get to heaven, save a spot for me.". It was a real tear-jerker of a story and painted Miles in a very positive light.

When he was winning they loved the mad hatter cause he was quirky and took chances and beat Alabama. When he stopped winning they hated the very things they used to love him for, and there is zero comparison to Miles and Solich.

Miles>>>>>Solich. Even though I liked Solich and thought he should have gotten one more year, he isn't in the same hemisphere as Miles.

Reactions: newAD
Miles can and will get a HC job at a Power 5 conference school (just not in the SEC). Solich coaches at Ohio..........

I like the Bo comparison better - Miles wants a job elsewhere. Bo wanted to let everyone know his ego was bruised regardless of the fact it made YSU his best option (and the major pay cut he will take the rest of his career). What a putz.

Reactions: Red Steve
No. Everyone might want to revisit what he did at LSU. He was very successful, and they better hope this move works out......

Bobby Petrino to LSU?

Miles was a damn good coach at Okie State before going to LSU. I'm pretty sure Big Game Bob was glad to see him leave the state when he did.

Sole Itch. The man who took the lone super power in college football and turned it into Canada! (no offense Canada)

I still think that LSU is nuts. They should make a statue to Miles. With his win % and NC he should have gotten more leeway. So, yeah... Miles >>>> Solich

Maybe Solich and Miles weren't so different. Had Nebraska not fumbled 49 times in 1999 Solich might have had his national championship. Would he still have survived the horrible 2002 season unscathed had he won a title only three years earlier?

I'd never really liked Les Miles that much-always thought he seemed a little odd. My opinion of him changed completely when I saw a story on ESPN about a month ago about a teenage boy in Alabama that was an LSU fan who was diagnosed with cancer two years ago. Miles heard about the boy's situation and prayed with the boy over the phone the following spring. He then invited him to sit in the coach's box for a game in Baton Rouge last fall. He had plans to invite him to the LSU vs. Alabama game in Tuscaloosa too, but sadly the boy died before then. But he did talk with him on the phone one last time a couple of weeks before and told him "When you get to heaven, save a spot for me.". It was a real tear-jerker of a story and painted Miles in a very positive light.

Les is a real nice guy. Straight shooter. Lucky enough to have talked with him on more than one occasion.

As a Tiger fan I appreciate the kind words about CLM and wholeheartedly agree that he is one of the truly great people in college football. That being said, a change was needed by both parties. I don't pretend to know who LSU will consider for the HC job but my personal favorites include the following candidates.
1. Tom Herman- HC Houston
2. Gary Patterson HC TCU
3.Mark Dantonio HC Michigan State
4.Dabo Sweeney HC Clemson
5. Bobby Petrino HC Louisville (despite lack of integrity)
6. Jimbo Fisher HC Florida State

This is a preliminary list and could/will change over time. Are any of you familiar with P.J. Fleck and if so do you think he is experienced enough for the job?

As a Tiger fan I appreciate the kind words about CLM and wholeheartedly agree that he is one of the truly great people in college football. That being said, a change was needed by both parties. I don't pretend to know who LSU will consider for the HC job but my personal favorites include the following candidates.
1. Tom Herman- HC Houston
2. Gary Patterson HC TCU
3.Mark Dantonio HC Michigan State
4.Dabo Sweeney HC Clemson
5. Bobby Petrino HC Louisville (despite lack of integrity)
6. Jimbo Fisher HC Florida State

This is a preliminary list and could/will change over time. Are any of you familiar with P.J. Fleck and if so do you think he is experienced enough for the job?
Fleck is a interesting guy to watch, but LSU would be a huge step up for him. He'd be less of a reach for LSU than Pelini was for us simply because Fleck has been a HC before. I see Fleck getting looks at smaller P5 type schools before making the jump to LSU/SEC caliber schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT