ADVERTISEMENT

Can We Pull a Minnesota Circa 2018?

BleedRed78

Blackshirt
Oct 22, 2019
Remember how terrible Minnesota's defense was that year, and got whooped to give Frost his first win?

They fired the DC and hired a completely new one in season didn't they? Some people are saying that route is impossible, and that if we fire Chins we just have to promote from who we've already got on staff.

Mickey seems like he's got something up his sleeve with Chins: do better against OU - win or lose - or else. I keep forgetting the he was with Ed O. at LSU, and O is just chilling these days isn't he? Hmmm... Maybe he comes here for a quick chuck of cash to maybe instill a new sense of fundamentals of Chins tanks once again against OU?

If not O, then maybe someone else who isn't currently staffed somewhere. Busch could totally do it and maybe success, but then we risk our ST sucking even more once again lol.

Thoughts??

Remember how terrible Minnesota's defense was that year, and got whooped to give Frost his first win?

They fired the DC and hired a completely new one in season didn't they?
Yes, our defense was abysmal under the previous guy. But we promoted our D-line coach to DC, we didn't bring in someone from the outside. It was a night and day difference though.

Reactions: BleedRed78

They fired the DC and hired a completely new one in season didn't they? Some people are saying that route is impossible, and that if we fire Chins we just have to promote from who we've already got on staff.

Mickey seems like he's got something up his sleeve with Chins: do better against OU - win or lose - or else. I keep forgetting the he was with Ed O. at LSU, and O is just chilling these days isn't he? Hmmm... Maybe he comes here for a quick chuck of cash to maybe instill a new sense of fundamentals of Chins tanks once again against OU?

If not O, then maybe someone else who isn't currently staffed somewhere. Busch could totally do it and maybe success, but then we risk our ST sucking even more once again lol.

Thoughts??
The head scratcher is Ed O hired Pelini back to be Defensive coord. and the were terrible on defense after winning the national title the year before..

The head scratcher is Ed O hired Pelini back to be Defensive coord. and the were terrible on defense after winning the national title the year before..

That was such a bad decision, both coordinators were. Completely switching schemes from an attacking/blitzing 3-4 to Bo's version of a 4-3, just an odd thing to do when you are on top.

I’d like the idea of either Fisher or Busch handle the defensive coord job..
Micky isn’t hiring anyone outside to come in and coach, so it’s who he has on staff presently..

Reactions: BleedRed78
I want to see if the D is more aggressive this week. Why are we in base so much? Why do we give such huge cushions in coverage? Did Frost have anything to do with this? It seems like MJ might want to be more aggressive. If they still suck a change has to be made. I don't think MJ will sit there and go 0-9 while scoring 30+ per game. He has nothing to lose.

I want to see if the D is more aggressive this week. Why are we in base so much? Why do we give such huge cushions in coverage? Did Frost have anything to do with this? It seems like MJ might want to be more aggressive. If they still suck a change has to be made. I don't think MJ will sit there and go 0-9 while scoring 30+ per game. He has nothing to lose.
Exactly. OU game will show Mickey whether or not Chins can truly make the desired adjustments or not. If not, I expect him gone well before Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT