ADVERTISEMENT

How do teams like Syracuse suddenly become good?

Red_Symptoms

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 30, 2016
I've noticed they've been winning and are undefeated but haven't actually watched them...just kind of chalked it up to some upsets and ACC.

Head coach there hasn't been too successful, 1-10 in 2020, 5-7 last year although they did have a 10-3 season back in 2018.

HC is making $3.5M, but I did find it interesting that Syracuse football, as bad as it is, still generates $42M in revenue. Nebraska makes $54M. Syracuse stadium seats 49,000...far cry from Memorial Stadium. They've only had 10 sellouts in SCHOOL HISTORY

So somehow, mediocre tradition, weak fan base they can still generate that money and now getting an actual product on the field.

Frustrates me even more that Frost couldn't get the job done here in the B1G West. Especially when you see coaches like Bielma come in and turn things around quickly. I guess it shows that you still have to put the work in. It also shows me that recruiting and DEVELOPMENT are huge keys. You can't win on just coaching (Mike Riley) where we produced nearly ZERO NFL draftable talent and you can't win on just recruiting (Callahan).

I've noticed they've been winning and are undefeated but haven't actually watched them...just kind of chalked it up to some upsets and ACC.

Head coach there hasn't been too successful, 1-10 in 2020, 5-7 last year although they did have a 10-3 season back in 2018.

HC is making $3.5M, but I did find it interesting that Syracuse football, as bad as it is, still generates $42M in revenue. Nebraska makes $54M. Syracuse stadium seats 49,000...far cry from Memorial Stadium. They've only had 10 sellouts in SCHOOL HISTORY

So somehow, mediocre tradition, weak fan base they can still generate that money and now getting an actual product on the field.

Frustrates me even more that Frost couldn't get the job done here in the B1G West. Especially when you see coaches like Bielma come in and turn things around quickly. I guess it shows that you still have to put the work in. It also shows me that recruiting and DEVELOPMENT are huge keys. You can't win on just coaching (Mike Riley) where we produced nearly ZERO NFL draftable talent and you can't win on just recruiting (Callahan).
Syracuse has a tradition of running backs that rival ours (Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little and Larry Csonka). Barbers is a very good coach, and with the portal I think he'll be more consistently good. He would be a viable candidate for the NU job imo.

Reactions: huntered
Probably helps when the coach shows up to do the job?

syracuse is +4 today in turnover margin and had a 21-10 halftime lead

2 mins into the 4th quarter, clemson has changed quarterbacks and has the lead

They didn't suddenly become good. They have been building for this season. They still probably finish around 8-4. They aren't that good.

Nebraska had a bad coach and hasn't been good. Other than Ohio State which has made good hires and been consistently elite, every program has had serious down years when they have hired the wrong guy.

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT