ADVERTISEMENT

Hot take: Nebraska wins the West

UniversalMike

Defensive Coordinator
Jan 26, 2004
Anthem, AZ
www.universalgroupaz.com
After watching all the teams play this weekend, I see no reason we can’t be in every game from here on out.

Playing Wisconsin at the right time. Illinois is a disaster, but still stuffed Wisky’s run game. Plus I like our offense against the Badgers defense. If we win the turnover battle, we win the game.

Northwestern is always a tough out for Nebraska, and this year will be no different in Evanston. But it’s other huge step down in competition level from Ohio State and Wisconsin, and I see Nebraska’s defense winning the day in this game.

Penn State could literally be 0-3 when they come to Lincoln, and the Nittany Lions seem as beatable as they have been since James Franklin came to Happy Valley.

Illinois should be a fairly easy “W” in Lincoln, then it’s on the road to Iowa City for a Black Friday tilt with the Hawkeyes (where I think Nebraska is due for the ball to finally bounce their way in the Heroes Game for a change).

Purdue is a trap game on the schedule, and I expect Nebraska to trail in the first half of this game. But with an extra day of prep, I believe we can overcome a slow start and roll to victory to set-up a Division playoff game in Lincoln with the Fight’n Flecks.

It’s hard to say if Minnesota will still be in the West Division race, but Wisconsin will likely have won out after losing in Lincoln, so the pressure will be on the Huskers to close the deal to get a rematch with Ohio State in Indianapolis.

Scott will have the #9 Huskers ready, and will poke enough holes in the Gophers boat to hoist the “ Bits of Chair” and West Division trophies in the regular season finale.

GBR!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.