ADVERTISEMENT

(Hoops News) Ramel Lloyd is N

I just saw that nobody from the B10 is projected to go in the first round of the draft, and Luka Garza is in danger of not getting drafted at all.
That would surprise me. He can shoot well for today’s nba. Is it his slow feet? Why would he not be drafted?

That would surprise me. He can shoot well for today’s nba. Is it his slow feet? Why would he not be drafted?
he's a 23yr old caveman who feasted on a weak conference for 4 years

anytime he played a legit big man, he disappeared

yet another case of NU fans having zero clue what an actual pro looks like - people here were convinced he was a mid-first rounder during the season and the year before

he will go play in Europe somewhere

Whats a realistic expectation this year? 15 wins?
What do you mean by realistic. You can't have a "realistic" win count when your team is different from the previous year.

Returning playing time

Trey McGowens - 4* (28.4 min pg)
Kobe Webster - 3* (23.1 min pg)
Lat Mayen - 3* (25.6 min pg)
Derrick Walker - 3* (20.7 min pg)
Eduardo Andre - 3* (8.8 min pg)
Trevor Lakes - N/A (9.6 min pg)

Ok so there is that

we are adding possible replacements for a lot of that returning time

Bryce McGowens - 5*
CJ Wilcher - 4*
Wilhelm Breidenbach - 4*
Keon Edward's - 4*
Alonzo Verge - 4*
Kensi Tominaga - 3
Quaran McPherson - 3*
Oleg Kojenets - 3*

I am positive the top 5 or 6 listed above will get PT, and a lot of it. So too many unknowns to give a "realistic" win count.

I'll go with if Bryce McGowens is our leader in scoring and it is more than 16pts a game. Alonzo Verge plays within the system and is #2 in pts. Lastly, Trey Mcgowens is as productive as last year or more we will be in the dance. If Bryce struggles and Alonzo Verge plays selfish, we will have no more wins than last year.

Last edited:
More Hoops News

Keisei Tominaga will be on Japan's 3x3 basketball team in the Olympics.

(Since you are probably wondering, nobody you have heard of is on the US team-- Robbie Hummel, Dominique Jones, Joey King, Kareem Maddox)

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
What do you mean by realistic. You can't have a "realistic" win count when your team is different from the previous year.

Returning playing time

Ok so there is that

Bryce McGowens - 5*
CJ Wilcher - 4*
Wilhelm Breidenbach - 4*
Keon Edward's - 4*
Alonzo Verge - 4*
Kensi Tominaga - 3
Quaran McPherson - 3*
Oleg Kojenets - 3*

I am positive the top 5 or 6 listed above will get PT, and a lot of it. So too many unknowns to give a "realistic" win count.

I'll go with if Bryce McGowens is our leader in scoring and it is more than 16pts a game. Alonzo Verge plays within the system and is #2 in pts. Lastly, Trey Mcgowens is as productive as last year or more we will be in the dance. If Bryce struggles and Alonzo Verge plays selfish, we will have no more wins than last year.
That's a pretty good looking roster. We are going to compete this year.

We have seven "buy" games at home in the non-con, plus a home date with K-State that's winnable. A home game against Creighton, a neutral-site game against Auburn and a roadie at NC State are going to be tough. So let's say 8-3 in the non-conference. At 7-13 in the conference, that gets us to 15, but not above .500 without a tournament run.
I think your non-con estimate may be a little too optimistic but I also think we'll win more than 7 in conference. I expect things will be fairly sketchy to start the season. I'm hopeful that we'll be hitting on all cylinders by the second half of the conference schedule. These new recruits are going to be fun to watch.

I think your non-con estimate may be a little too optimistic but I also think we'll win more than 7 in conference. I expect things will be fairly sketchy to start the season. I'm hopeful that we'll be hitting on all cylinders by the second half of the conference schedule. These new recruits are going to be fun to watch.
Our non-conference schedule in order and current Bart Torvik rankings:

Nebraska (67)
  • Western Illinois (256)
  • Sam Houston State (148)
  • Creighton (55)
  • Idaho State (270)
  • Southern (283)
  • Tennessee State (253)
  • South Dakota (138)
  • @ NC State (78)
  • vs. Auburn in Atlanta (22)
  • Kansas State (90)
  • Kennesaw State (269)
An 8-3 mark seems very doable, but I understand your apprehension given our past failures (Riverside, Incarnate Word, etc.). However, I'd even say that Creighton is in play as a possible W, given that it's in Lincoln.

Conference games, not in order because we don't know the dates yet, with Bart Torvik ratings:

Nebraska (67)
  • at Illinois (4)
  • vs Indiana (30)
  • at Indiana (30)
  • vs Iowa (63)
  • at Iowa (63)
  • at Maryland (21)
  • vs Michigan (5)
  • at Michigan (5)
  • vs Michigan State (23)
  • at Minnesota (140)
  • vs Northwestern (39)
  • at Northwestern (39)
  • vs Ohio State (12)
  • at Ohio State (12)
  • vs Penn State (76)
  • vs Purdue (7)
  • vs Rutgers (64)
  • at Rutgers (64)
  • vs Wisconsin (61)
  • at Wisconsin (61)
Finding more than seven conference wins in this schedule will require a much-improved team from one that doesn't do better than 7-4 in a relatively soft non-conference schedule.

Conference games, not in order because we don't know the dates yet, with Bart Torvik ratings:

Nebraska (67)
  • at Illinois (4)
  • vs Indiana (30)
  • at Indiana (30)
  • vs Iowa (63)
  • at Iowa (63)
  • at Maryland (21)
  • vs Michigan (5)
  • at Michigan (5)
  • vs Michigan State (23)
  • at Minnesota (140)
  • vs Northwestern (39)
  • at Northwestern (39)
  • vs Ohio State (12)
  • at Ohio State (12)
  • vs Penn State (76)
  • vs Purdue (7)
  • vs Rutgers (64)
  • at Rutgers (64)
  • vs Wisconsin (61)
  • at Wisconsin (61)
Finding more than seven conference wins in this schedule will require a much-improved team from one that doesn't do better than 7-4 in a relatively soft non-conference schedule.
4 b1g teams with a .500 conf record or worse were in the field of 64 last year.

I agree with you, we'll need to be vastly improved to get to .500 in the league, but if we want to go dancing, that's where we need to be. b1g won't send 9 to the dance again anytime soon, I don't think.

Reactions: 9and4

Returning playing time

Ok so there is that

Bryce McGowens - 5*
CJ Wilcher - 4*
Wilhelm Breidenbach - 4*
Keon Edward's - 4*
Alonzo Verge - 4*
Kensi Tominaga - 3
Quaran McPherson - 3*
Oleg Kojenets - 3*

I'm guessing Lakes is not playing much this year.

Nebraska (67)
  • at Illinois (4)
  • vs Indiana (30)
  • at Indiana (30)
  • vs Iowa (63)
  • at Iowa (63)
  • at Maryland (21)
  • vs Michigan (5)
  • at Michigan (5)
  • vs Michigan State (23)
  • at Minnesota (140)
  • vs Northwestern (39)
  • at Northwestern (39)
  • vs Ohio State (12)
  • at Ohio State (12)
  • vs Penn State (76)
  • vs Purdue (7)
  • vs Rutgers (64)
  • at Rutgers (64)
  • vs Wisconsin (61)
  • at Wisconsin (61)
IMO, the infusion of talent is going to mean that the Huskers are going to compete much better with the top teams in the conference. I think we'll win a couple of games that nobody thinks we would have a shot with. The talent level and depth of talent is much improved IMO. Strangely the guy I think we'll miss the most is Thor.👀👀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT