ADVERTISEMENT

(Hoops News) Ramel Lloyd is N

took OVs to OU and Arkansas. Hoiskers beat out gtown and oregon (sorry, dana!) for him, too.

for those in the back, that's a round of 32 team, an elite 8 team, the big east tourney champs and a sweet 16 team. all beaten out by little old NU.

GBR
I think Dior Johnson had more to do with Oregon not signing him than NU....

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Big time get! Interesting 10 minute documentary here about his life and basketball. Great relationship with his dad, seems like a really good kid. They had surprisingly terrible seats going to a USC game, who offered him. Maybe that’s why he didn’t commit to them 😂

Highlights of one game for him here. Obviously the other team is over matched at every position, but around the 10 minute mark, Lloyd starts going nuts with 3’s. Kid can definitely shoot it. Also his teammate and 26th overall 2022 Husker target Chance Westry really shows out in this game. That 2-fer for Fred would be monumental.

ziel84c1de2y.gif

Why is a 3 star prospect in B-ball so much more respected than a 3-star in football?

Why is a 3 star prospect in B-ball so much more respected than a 3-star in football?
because all our bad players actually leave in hoops and he's a top 150 player joining a 5-star.

hope abounds (at least for me) in basketball. in football I will be excited again when we have a new quarterback/coach/both.

Last edited:
Hoiberg and the Huskers will make history this season. Take that to the bank.
I think people need to be prepared for NU to struggle early in the season. We've seen some of the basketball bluebloods struggle early with a team full of top recruits. It's going to take a little time for these kids to learn to play together and get used to the level of play in the B1G. I think come B1G tourney time, they could make a run at a B1G tourney title, but it will take some time IF it happens at all.

I think people need to be prepared for NU to struggle early in the season. We've seen some of the basketball bluebloods struggle early with a team full of top recruits. It's going to take a little time for these kids to learn to play together and get used to the level of play in the B1G. I think come B1G tourney time, they could make a run at a B1G tourney title, but it will take some time IF it happens at all.
knowing that the b1g will, once again, be criminally overrated, we should have a real chance to tick off some nice league wins to buoy the RPI.

only need 9 wins in an overrated league to be squarely on the bubble, assuming we don't suffer any horrific losses during our early season gelling window.

Reactions: dinglefritz
knowing that the b1g will, once again, be criminally overrated, we should have a real chance to tick off some nice league wins to buoy the RPI.

only need 9 wins in an overrated league to be squarely on the bubble, assuming we don't suffer any horrific losses during our early season gelling window.
It won't be overrated this year, the top 4 teams will be legit nasty.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
it's already starting! mich and msu will be good. everyone else, we'll see.

b1g is overrated every year. it will benefit us this year if we can find 9 wins & 2 are on the road.

Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, OSU and MSU will all be really good this year.

Last edited:
I think Illinois will drop off a little and I think Ioway will really drop off from the past 2 years..
cockburn leaving ILL will hurt them, too. iowa last 2 years were a prototypical b1g team - lots of bark, zero bite outside of league play

mich, msu, purdue? yea okay. everyone else is TBD, but will be highly regarded pre-season, just like every year with the b1g

cockburn leaving ILL will hurt them, too. iowa last 2 years were a prototypical b1g team - lots of bark, zero bite outside of league play

mich, msu, purdue? yea okay. everyone else is TBD, but will be highly regarded pre-season, just like every year with the b1g
Cockburn is coming back. Losing Ayo Dosunmo will hurt but I think they will still be good. Iowa should drop off a lot.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Cockburn is coming back. Losing Ayo Dosunmo will hurt but I think they will still be good. Iowa should drop off a lot.
iowa will drop off, sure, but they were already a non-factor and one of the very few teams over the last 2 years to lose to Hoiberg's crew.

iowa is the classic b1g program - lots of pointless regular season wins, absolutely nothing to show for them.

Did you forget how bad we were last year? I don't think anybody has high expectations for the basketball team. I fully expect them to struggle until we see some strong desire to win games.

iowa will drop off, sure, but they were already a non-factor and one of the very few teams over the last 2 years to lose to Hoiberg's crew.

iowa is the classic b1g program - lots of pointless regular season wins, absolutely nothing to show for them.
Iowa is going to have a huge drop off, so will Wisconsin.

OSU, MSU, Michigan, Purdue and Illinois will be really tough.

Iowa is going to have a huge drop off, so will Wisconsin.

OSU, MSU, Michigan, Purdue and Illinois will be really tough.
I think 3 of those 5 will be really tough.

deep tourney run (elite 8+) for one.

typical b1g season, as the league will garner at least 8 tourney bids courtesy of pre-season overrankings.

I think 3 of those 5 will be really tough.

deep tourney run (elite 8+) for one.

typical b1g season, as the league will garner at least 8 tourney bids courtesy of pre-season overrankings.
Indiana could be sneaky good this year, it will be interesting to see what happens with them.

I think Rutgers will play hard but will probably fall way back.

I just saw that nobody from the B10 is projected to go in the first round of the draft, and Luka Garza is in danger of not getting drafted at all.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Whats a realistic expectation this year? 15 wins?
We have seven "buy" games at home in the non-con, plus a home date with K-State that's winnable. A home game against Creighton, a neutral-site game against Auburn and a roadie at NC State are going to be tough. So let's say 8-3 in the non-conference. At 7-13 in the conference, that gets us to 15, but not above .500 without a tournament run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT