ADVERTISEMENT

Honestly, I liked what I saw...

blackshirts25

Walk On
Dec 10, 2004
Luke. Robinson. Martinez (even sidelined). The offense. When is the last time we were even able to put a 3rd string QB in the game and the offense actually moved, let alone hummed. Some (many on this board) still can't see it yet, but I'll be darned if they're the first to say, "I told ya so", in a couple seasons.

GBR

Last edited:
That touchdown drive to end the first half was with a true freshman QB and a true freshman RB. If they can get the WR unit fixed and the OL freshman developed quickly the offense will be off and running at an elite level. Then it becomes a matter of recruiting to replace. We will have the QB room fixed forever as long as Frost is here, IMO. We are now 3 deep at QB and next year will be 4 deep. Obviously we will eventually have some attrition at QB, but I don't see any of these 3 QB's leaving.

I don't want anything stupid to be done and burn McCaffrey's redshirt. He got some game action, now sit him the rest of the season if AM returns next week.

Reactions: 8675309husker
That touchdown drive to end the first half was with a true freshman QB and a true freshman RB. If they can get the WR unit fixed and the OL freshman developed quickly the offense will be off and running at an elite level. Then it becomes a matter of recruiting to replace. We will have the QB room fixed forever as long as Frost is here, IMO. We are now 3 deep at QB and next year will be 4 deep. Obviously we will eventually have some attrition at QB, but I don't see any of these 3 QB's leaving.

I don't want anything stupid to be done and burn McCaffrey's redshirt. He got some game action, now sit him the rest of the season if AM returns next week.
I was actually contemplating this thought myself...Luke showed tremendous grit and gave the O a really much needed spark...I know it was Indiana, but he seriously made me question whether or not Scott sticks with him moving forward or not...I’m with you in that I hope he redshirts and preserves the eligibility but the thought of hitching your wagon to him definitely crossed my mind

Yeah, sucks losing but there are some bright spots for the future on offense. Defense is going to have to get better though

Agree on the defense part. Although a better start to the year, they have continued to trend lower to the point where it makes you start to wonder what the plan is on any given week, especially when things aren't working. I still believe this team is being built around the offense being the primary function, so it might be a lapse in all wheels not turning yet.

best 3rd string qb I have ever seen. no slight to the terminator

Cardale Jones? Guessing you don't watch a lot of football.
Due to injuries to Braxton Miller and JT Barrett, Jones got his first college start in the 2014 Big Ten Championship game. He was spectacular. Ohio State won 59-0 and Jones was named MVP of the game. That off the bench first game performance is basically unbeatable. Jones then followed that up with about 300 yards of total offense against #1 Alabama in his next start, another win and a national championship for OSU.

Our second and third quarterbacks completed 19 of 22 passes for 271 yards and ran for 97 yards. That sounds like a good thing, even if Vedral's fumble was a major negative factor.

BS. He plays if he's what it takes to get a win over Purdue and Maryland. Wisconsin if that's what it takes if there's a chance to win. Same goes for Iowa.

I would LOVE to keep his redshirt, but we've got to do whatever it takes to get the wins to be bowl eligible. That will do more good for the TEAM than preserving a redshirt.

Our second and third quarterbacks completed 19 of 22 passes for 271 yards and ran for 97 yards. That sounds like a good thing, even if Vedral's fumble was a major negative factor.
They both had good games but a healthy Martinez keeps them on the bench IMO.

Here's an interesting tidbit while we wonder if our fourth quarterback will start against Purdue:
For the first time in the 13-year Nick Saban era, Alabama played a game without its starting QB.

BS. He plays if he's what it takes to get a win over Purdue and Maryland. Wisconsin if that's what it takes if there's a chance to win. Same goes for Iowa.

I would LOVE to keep his redshirt, but we've got to do whatever it takes to get the wins to be bowl eligible. That will do more good for the TEAM than preserving a redshirt.
Plus, he could always redshirt next year.

Luke. Robinson. Martinez (even sidelined). The offense. When is the last time we were even able to put a 3rd string QB in the game and the offense actually moved, let alone hummed. Some (many on this board) still can't see it yet, but I'll be darned if they're the first to say, "I told ya so", in a couple seasons.

GBR

We put up over 500 yards and lost. No matter how good the offense is we don't win until the defense gets fixed. That was probably the worst game of pass rush I've ever seen. Any competent college QB would have torched us yesterday with the lack of pressure we apply . In my opinion it's past time to replace some defensive coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT