ADVERTISEMENT

Hoiberg?

It’s like the real world. Small business owners get whacked hard while big corporations with deep pockets mostly get little slaps on the wrist. Wonder why that is?

Yeah, it is hilarious. Please provide the names of coaches better than Hoiberg that we can hire for a program that is this far down.
How long of a list do you want? This is an absolute blessing. We won’t have to pay Fred a dime. Fred is Althea worst coach in P5 basketball, it won’t be hard to find a coach better than Fred, I guarantee it.

I first heard it from the invite-only message board. They aren’t always right but I do believe this one. My bet is they were finding ways to speak with kids from other schools who weren’t in the portal.
I hope it's not true but I guess we'll find out. I find it hard to believe that there's any enforcement at all of that issue (player contact) in these wild west days.

I'm typically a lurker here, but I've heard rumblings of this for awhile. Allegedly Cam Mack was paid off (lol) to come to NU by Matt A. Also hearing that there is going to be a push for McDermott.....

• Haha
Reactions: dpnavy and Bjoe_
In the spirit of the season, I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet. No way that happens.
I wouldn't be so sure. I think he and Trev have a relationship, and maybe he wants to step up. Personally I'd agree with you, but nothing surprises me anymore. It does suck that Musselman, Oats, etc. are all thriving and we still suck.

Reactions: mgbreis
In the spirit of the season, I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet. No way that happens.
giphy.gif

I wouldn't be so sure. I think he and Trev have a relationship, and maybe he wants to step up. Personally I'd agree with you, but nothing surprises me anymore. It does suck that Musselman, Oats, etc. are all thriving and we still suck.
I've heard this too, but I can't imagine McDermott turning down a really good Ohio State job a few years ago for a total rebuild in the same conference

Yeah, because McDermott wants to commit career suicide. Who is the last Husker basketball coach who didn't get fired or and/or who went on to something bigger and better (or even arguably a lateral move)? Maybe in about 8-10 years when he is ready to line his pocket for retirement with buyout money after "one final adventure" he'll come here on a 7 year contract hoping to get fired after about 3 so he can head into retirement in Scottsdale.

I've heard this too, but I can't imagine McDermott turning down a really good Ohio State job a few years ago for a total rebuild in the same conference
Yeah, OSU never wanted him. That was a sweet move by Doug's agent.

I doubt he will come here either, but coaches at that level have egos. And they can be stoked by trying to rebuild another program

don't see why he would do that either. basically has a perfect set up in the big east and now has a young team with a ton of potential in the next couple of years.
McDermott was an absolutely miserable failure at Iowa State in 4 years there. Miserable. He had great success at UNI and has now had it at Creighton too. Seems to say to me coaching at a non-Power 5 level is where his ceiling is to be greatly successful. I'm guessing he knows this too.

I doubt he will come here either, but coaches at that level have egos. And they can be stoked by trying to rebuild another program
And he attempted to do that at Iowa State before Creighton and was a miserable failure all the way through.

Reactions: Bjoe_
McDermott was an absolutely miserable failure at Iowa State in 4 years there. Miserable. He had great success at UNI and has now had it at Creighton too. Seems to say to me coaching at a non-Power 5 level is where his ceiling is to be greatly successful. I'm guessing he knows this too.

Pay no attention to the fact that the Big East is a better conference than the Big Ten this year in basketball. If anything, McDermott will act like he wants the job to get more cash out of the new AD they have there. He wouldn't touch this program with a 10 foot pole. McDermott seems like that kind of buy that wants to coach 4-5 more years and retire anyway, not start something completely new.

• Haha
Reactions: rucker4
Geez. Let’s just fold it up and all become Jayskers. Maybe Creighton would play half their home games in Omaha and half in Lincoln (kidding). What a mess.

• Haha
Reactions: AVeritas
This is such a Nebrasketball thing to happen. We get caught cheating and still can’t win while we have other coaches and teams on tape paying players as part of the FBI sting and Adidas scandal and there has barely been anything happen to them.

Reactions: regionsdoc
This is such a Nebrasketball thing to happen. We get caught cheating and still can’t win while we have other coaches and teams on tape paying players as part of the FBI sting and Adidas scandal and there has barely been anything happen to them.

Wow! I cant believe it. Hoiberg will not make it through the year

Gonna be honest here. I don’t care if Hoiberg cheated to get 1 player. A. College basketball is shady business. 2. We’ve sucked as a program for so long that I’m actually kinda impressed they did something about it (even though it didn’t work). And D. College basketball is just a notch above WWE on the believability scale anyways, so who cares.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT